On Trial Vex me no more, Lantern Square

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Describe your suggestion: Remove vexes from Lantern Square mob map.
Are you willing to work with our staff team to implement this suggestion? (It's okay to say no)

I can suggest potential things to replace them with if we want to still keep it challenging, it's just a matter of keeping it fair so people aren't running loops trying to avoid copyright strikes when they could be making great ad revenue (as an analogy).

Potential suggestions:
*just flat out remove vexes and do nothing else
*remove vexes and increase mob spawn rate
*grant players permanent regeneration 1 or 2 and push vexes back to wave 14
*replace vexes with ghasts or blazes, since they can still kind of ignore water slowness and still attack the player without being so unfair as to 3-hit combo people into the shadow realm.

This is a serious problem because vexes do actually hit for up to 8 damage through the best armor affordable when they first show up.

Reaction score
I don't know what the rules are for non-staff commenting on suggestions, but I was part of the incident that inspired this post, so I have tea and stories.

I died earlier in the round, and had to be brought back several waves later. By this time, about six or seven Vexes had spawned. If I stopped moving or slowed down to try and do more than quickly slap a mob, I very quickly found myself getting wombo combo'd by the Vexes. As a result, I spent the entire rest of the round running in a loop.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Sorry for taking so long to reply,

Ok catco, I have to be honest, I don't entirely agree with the changes. I think lantern square is an easy map as it is when you can sit in the water and shoot at zombies.
However, it is also true that very few people even play the map, and when they do its alone when they want to grind or wait for players anyway.

I'll make a compromise on this, and remove Vexs and replace them with both Ghasts and Blazes, as well as increase the spawn rate slightly. I don't think Blazes are that hard considering the water, so I don't think it'll be a problem.

Let me know if the map is any better next time you play