Suggestion Saving Rituals of Fire

Should this be implemented in order to save Rituals of Fire?

• Total voters

via

Reaction score
Greetings, and salutations.

My name is Via, username Viai. I am a YouTuber, Streamer, Blogger, and Graphic Artist. I have recently joined EscapeRestart, due to growing up on a video series called Lava Survival by bubblecube. Those videos, after all these years, have brought me to your server. While I haven't been here very long, I can say with all confidence that I have fallen in love with not only the server, but also the community here. Rituals of Fire is the game mode that has attracted me here, and I have gotten word that there are plans to close it. I am nowhere near active, nor recognizable enough to apply for staff, but I do have ideas on how to keep it alive, and possibly attract more players.

Timing: A friend of mine has pointed out that the rounds for Rituals of Fire are far too long. To this, I had a simple solution. If you shorten the time of rounds and hiding, the rounds could be quicker and players would have more chances to stay multiple rounds instead of a mere 2 or 3.

Survival versus Creative: I have also noticed that when playing Rituals of Fire, there are times when maps are on the survival mode for the users, and the creative mode. I am personally more lenient to the creative game mode, because I am a newer player with limited supplies and a beginners rank. Survival is a lot more difficult, for newer players, especially with the mobs. My recommendations? Get rid of the mobs perhaps, and produce more creative maps. I am also aware that during some survival maps, I have forged for supplies, with the notion that my inventory is carried over to future survival rounds. While this has occurred multiple times, I have also noticed that at random moments, I have LOST my entire inventory, without the causation of dying. I am unsure if this a bug or glitch, but nevertheless should be fixed.

Progression System: I am aware that there is a sort of progression system for ranks on Rituals of Fire, but in my totality of playing around 5 hours for 5 nights, I have not come close to the next rank. I am also aware that cookies are awarded to the users who stay alive, but I have another proposition. To increase the need for building a good base in time to survive the lava, I believe that cookies should be awarded based on score; or, in other words, how big an individual's base is/how much air is in the base. The score could either go towards cookies, or points. The points could be used in a server leaderboard, increased rankings, and awards such as commands.

Player Vaults: Corresponding with the note about survival game modes, I believe having the command /pv (1), or /vault, or even /echest, would be extremely helpful towards newer players who do NOT have ranks on the survival rounds of Rituals of Fire. It will help the progression system, as they have access to more tools and resources in order to gain a bigger score.

I plan on adding to this thread more, as well. If anyone has any further suggestions, please comment below. As for removing Rituals of Fire and replacing it with Death Run: I would be very, and utterly disappointed if the staff team went through with this action. I only joined this server for the Lava Survival that is Rituals of Fire. If the staff team truly wants this game mode, I recommend making a whole other game mode server, instead of getting rid of one that is well known, popular, and has sentimental value. I understand EscapeRestart is suffering from inactivity, and lack of players, but I am living proof that the server is still attracting new players, even if it isn't many. I want to help you all, but I need your support and feedback, as well.

~ Via

_Kaito_Kid

Contributor
Reaction score
Having mobs and killing them for their drops is a way to make some items and a way to make money.

Adding free vaults or having a /echest would take away the long time goals of saving up for each rank and finally getting your plot(vault).
The next rank (crafter) allows access to an enderchest.

Survival gets easier over time. I suggest selling most of the things you get each round as a beginner until you get Crafter. It took me awhile to get to crafter too.

If you ever loose your inventory not due to death you should contact staff and they will restore your inventory for you.

I do like having some shorter rounds and I think we have shortened most by 5-15min.

I think making it easier would take away from the accomplishment of completing each new rank and take away from long term player goals.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Player Vaults
yeah screw it let's do it
Progression System:
With our newest update, rank prices are due to be cut quite a bit. The decrease in round times that will also come with the update should hopefully make earning money quicker, too.
To increase the need for building a good base in time to survive the lava, I believe that cookies should be awarded based on score; or, in other words, how big an individual's base is/how much air is in the base.
This is an idea that we can consider for the future, but probably won't be included in the next update because of time constraints with going and trying to balance everything in time. Vaults have been requested for a while, so I've given them priority.
I have also noticed that at random moments, I have LOST my entire inventory, without the causation of dying. I am unsure if this a bug or glitch, but nevertheless should be fixed.
This is a glitch that I have no idea how to fix, as the inventory swapping was made by someone else. I have known it to happen, though. I'll have to see if we can find some sort of solution, but I can't guarantee anything here.
Get rid of the mobs perhaps, and produce more creative maps
With the mobs, maybe... perhaps we could give players a few items on join to get them started. I often find that giving new players an iron pickaxe helps them get going massively. As Kaito said, mobs can be a great source of income. We don't really have enough people to produce more creative maps right now, but if people submit them, we'll see.

Thanks for your suggestions, we really appreciate them. If everything goes well, RoF may very well be saved.

Reactions: via