On Trial Helper App™

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Hi Poeo, thanks for applying for Helper,

I'd like to start by saying that you have proven to be an active player in the past, and I have no doubt you would be active as Helper. I also have my concerns. There have been some issues with your behavior in the past (I will not go into detail, but I am sure you'd agree), that I would deem not acceptable for someone with semi-staff responsibilities. Although you have changed for the better over the past few months, will you stay on this path, and prove to be a good addition to the team?

I'd like to give you a chance and become Helper again, since you have always shown great interest in AoD, and your attitude has improved since the last time you were Helper.

+1

Reactions: Poe

Iggish

Reaction score
Hey poe, thanks for applying.

In my opinion you clearly are qualified for helper. You've had it before, you are one of the most active and enthusiastic players and you communicate well on the server through VC and the text chat. While the application itself leaves much to be desired, I believe that the helper rank is the right one for you.
+1 from me :)

G

Guest35486

Hi Poe, thanks for applying!

Like HK and Iggish have mentioned, you know AoD well and have been one of the most active players on the server. You have also submitted maps and various suggestions that have been added to the server. Though, I would like you to address some of my concerns:

First off, the application is rather lacking. I know that this isn't a staff position, but I would still like to see a proper response. An insincere application makes me question your capability of being a semi-staff member who will need to assist players on the server. There are also instances where your maturity comes into question. How can we be sure that you'll be able to hold the position again? Is there anything about the server that you would like to improve at the moment?

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Hello, thanks for applying Poe.

Like everyone has mentioned, you have been one of the most active players for quite a while. You have a lot of experience, know the game well, and also have submitted plenty of maps which strengthens your application. I also do find it important that we expand our aod crew and think you could be a good addition, but I do have some concerns to you too.

Like Arelic said, I find your application lacking and it doesnt seem like you are super interested in the position. I have also seen incidents on the servers where people have questioned your maturity, and I am also unsure of how helpful you will be in assisting new players and players you even may dislike.

I am currently unsure if you are capable of this position or not. However, you are an active and experienced player. I think it will be nice if you answered Arelics questions before I make a conclusion.

Poe

Contributor
Reaction score
As most people have said, my maturity has improved a lot. I am a lot more mature both outside of servers and also in servers and that if people compared me to now than a year ago; most people would immediately spot how much I have matured. This is backed up by HK’s reply which shows that most staff have confidence in my abilities and also my maturity. I personally believe that my past incidents in which I was immature should not reflect my current abilities, especially when multiple staff can admit to my maturity being a lot better.

For suggestions, I think that there should be more emphasis on the Matchmaking aspect of the server. This includes how teams are balanced and decided upon and how the first hunter is picked like for instance not picking a person who was hunter the previous round which would prevent people from being annoyed and leaving the server. Maps should also be looked at on how many times they are played for. We all know that the more unpopular maps will be played less and that personally, I don’t think that the voting for the quality of the map is very reliable for that sort of task. Instead, unpopular maps should become more uncommon to prevent people leaving because of bad maps and to also look at maps which are voted less on and to consider if we should keep them or not. This would also have the added benefit of making it ‘less random to make it feel more random’ which would really make the map choice more interesting.

I apologise about how my application was too short. The reason why I decided on making my application short was not that of insincerity but because I thought that the staff team already knew me well enough. However looking back at it now, I can see how it looks like I put no effort into my application and I apologise because of it. - Poe

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
I much more get the impression that you want this position to help improving AoD in your reply. It is also nice that you have ideas to how you will improve AoD. When it comes to your maturity I have seen some changes but I am still slightly skeptical. Anyway, I believe you overall will be a good addition to our team, and should be given the chance to be a Helper. 1+

Last edited:

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Before I make my final decision, there's a few things which I'll need to address.
In your previous post you did comment on some of the things which I was going to ask you about, however there are still some things which I need to ask about.

First of all, you originally got accepted for Helper, however your rank was later "lifted". You know the main reasons for this, and I'd like a response from you as to why you think you were demoted, and why this is no longer a problem.

One of the main roles of helper is to assist with balancing maps and kits, and providing server suggestions. Personally I feel like you do contribute with suggestions and know the maps well so this isn't a concern of mine in this regard.

On the issue of activity, you are one of the most active players, however recently you haven't been online as much as some other players. In saying that, AoD hasn't been that active either and last night you played for a while so I'm happy here.

On the topic of maturity. although it is not as important as for Mod, it is still important. You mentioned in your post that you have improved, however there have been times when your behaviour has been questionable. I'll take your word for it, however should you be accepted this is something which will be monitored.

Lastly, helpers should help out in chat when they can if no other staff are online. Often, you give stupid replies to new users when they ask questions, so I'd like you to address this as well.

I'll wait for your reply before I make my final decision.

Poe

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Comp, thank you for replying!

On the topic of my previous demotion, the reason I feel that I got demoted was that of how I acted due to me not receiving map editing permissions, unlike other helpers. Because of this, I felt like I was untrusted and felt like I was put on a lower level than everyone else. I then acted irrationally and therefore got demoted because of this. In hindsight, this was mostly due to my immaturity at that point of time. I have come to terms with it and I know that this will not be an issue in the future.

You are right about me giving stupid replies but to an extent. I mostly make stupid replies to players who know that I like to joke around sometimes and are experienced. I don’t believe that this applies to me replying to new players, in fact, I normally try to help out new players. I will pay closer attention to my replies and try to make it mature instead of silly, useless replies which may be harmful to both my image and AoD’s.

-Poe

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Hi Poe

After much deliberating between staff, we have reached a decision on your application. It wasn't an easy decision due to concerns about maturity, however due to positive feedback and replies which appear mature and well thought out, we have decided to accept your application.

In an attempt to give you more trust than last time, we have agreed to give you permissions to edit maps. However, there are some rules regarding this which we will discuss with you. We hope that you will be able to suggest and discuss changes to the server, as well as edit maps to make the server more enjoyable.

Reactions: Fragile and Poe
Status
Not open for further replies.