[Revamp] Survival Multiplayer

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
**Note: this thread is about re-attracting a playerbase into the smp server.**

As you know, the current state of the smp is in a very bad state, but I think that if we closed KR and isolated the issues that caused the server to fail, we could bring back a stable population of players. The new server under the direction of lee_scar would be great if we take the time to develop it. The issues that Kami's Realm had in my opinion, were that the size of the map was too large for player interaction which is essential for any smp server, and that raids took over 30 minutes to travel across the map alone, which left players who were trading goods and trying to connect the world at a huge disadvantage because of the map size. Another thing that was an issue was keeping the player base interested, as there were no major dungeons or quest systems in place. The event system in JtE was the perfect example of how to keep players interested in smp. On top of that, there were player-made events on the server such as the Auctions by Oak or the ice rink events. There should also be a form of economy in the server for trading and quest systems.

Town systems: In KR, the town system was nothing short of a disaster; the player distribution and the lack of things to do at the main capital made it too boring for any players to want to play. Freedom to make your own towns gave more to do and didn't force any large internal conflicts within clans allowing people to just have fun building up a town with friends. It also acquainted new users to get welcomed into a group of friends and keep them as a long lasting member of the community. Yes we are not going to get a ton of joins right away. The main point is to get a new smp out to have a playerbase back on the minecraft servers. Anyone against this is not holding back any development to move into other games we just need dedicated players to run those other games.

I think that we can learn from our mistakes in the past servers and take the time to create a stable smp server that can sustain players to bring our player numbers back up which will entice people to come play again. It is up to the community to decide but I think this is a good start to revamp the minecraft part of our community.

CaramelCow

Reaction score
I don't think a basic SMP is good enough in 2015, there are thousands of other SMP servers, why would someone pick ours if there is nothing unique about it? Primordia was good in that sense however I don't believe the Heroes plugin is available for servers other than the creators now.

paceboys

Reaction score
I don't think a basic SMP is good enough in 2015, there are thousands of other SMP servers, why would someone pick ours if there is nothing unique about it? Primordia was good in that sense however I don't believe the Heroes plugin is available for servers other than the creators now.
I'm not sure if it's such a bad idea, it would at least be something to pass the time for those still hoping for a revival of the community. Definitely not a magic server to end all of our problems, just something to fill the gap sorta kinda maybe.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
It's something not over complicated but a lot to do to keep players occupied on the server. Seeing higher numbers back on the servers might prompt more users to come in. It's something to consider to keep the minecraft part of the community moving if we are willing to put in the work to do it.

olieb123

Reaction score
I played Primordia back in the day and I thoroughly enjoyed playing around with all the plugins because it was a change from all the other SMP servers. so something like that would definitely help re-spark peoples interest.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme