Minecraft's Edge 2!

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Link to the Map: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/371935-parkour-minecrafts-edge-2-38000-downloads/

Why do you think this map will make a good addition? I believe it will because it is parkour in a realistic scene, much like the parkour game Mirror's Edge, and causes you to both parkour and look for ways to get up, making it a fun map. Also, it is not that long making it ideal for this server! Plus, when I was contemplating submitting a map, I was thinking about the first but that one is made so that sprinting will make it a cake walk, this map includes sprint jumps and such, making it quite difficult!

Has this map been tested thoroughly? (Proof if possible!)

Fill in the following template:
difficulty: peaceful
blockBreakMode: true
blockBreak
None.
blockPlaceMode: false
blockPlace: None.
enableAdminMode: false
creeper: false
enderman: false
zombie: false
skeleton: false
spider: false
mobs: false
vechiledestroy: true
paintingbreak: true

• Useful
Reactions: davidjl123

Sploorky

Reaction score
What this map does well: It's a fun parkour map, which is a map type I personally don't see much on A&T. I also like how the map has a theme, instead of just "Hey look blocks, go jump on them."
What this map doesn't do so well: I don't really see anything wrong with the map. The difficulty could be increased, but some people do enjoy a calm, easy parkour.
Should this map be accepted? Yes.
Extra comments: I've got nothing.

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
What this map does well: It's a pretty thrilling map, many options to choose from and an extravagant adventure throughout the whole map. I'd say that it's a bit above what an average parkour map consists of.​
What this map doesn't do so well: I've noticed a few problems in that video that the map contains.​
-At the beginning, one of the rules is "use the texture pack." I can see players being confused by this rule, because it isn't specific on what texture pack to use, assuming that the player doesn't know the link for this map, and it can be time consuming for players to insert this texture pack for this specific map. This sign probably should be edited out or have the word "optional" included.​
-At 3:30 in the video, the sign that says, "press and look right" can confuse players. There's no button or lever around that area, and I can say that I don't see how the sand that fell a few seconds later was done legitly (unless anyone else knows). If this part doesn't work, then it can interfere with the playability with the rest of the parkour, and that won't be too much fun for players.​
-At 8:08 in the video, the point where they died, it looked like they spawned in a random location. That'll ruin the base point of the map if players will have no idea where to continue from if they do end up dieing and spawning in an irregular area.​
Should this map be accepted? Neutral for now. Yes if some changes are included in the map.​
Extra comments: As I said, there may need to be a few small edits to the map if it does get accepted. We may need to include beds at some points of the map for spawn locations (probably only like 3-5), so players can get back to track with no hassle.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Voting is an essential part of being staff, is it not?...
Meh, tags:
AngelWV
SalientGorilla
Stretford01
SparklyMuffinz
Prizyms
I've been extremely busy lately, however I'll start voting on maps right away.

What this map does well: I don't really see parkour maps that often on A&T, especially ones that are nice to play on rather than doing one or two jump courses and your done, but as Sploorky said, It's nice that it has a theme.

What this map doesn't do so well: Nothing totally noticeable, in the video there was a bug (?) where the button had gone on the redstone meaning the sand couldn't fall, so that may need to be fixed.

Should this map be accepted? Yes

Extra comments: Nope :)

Reactions: superstein

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
What this map does well: I love Mirror's Edge. No, seriously. I love it. I'd love to play this on A+T because it seems to capture the feeling of the game faithfully and looks like a great parkour map.

What this map doesn't do so well: That redstone bug pointed out by Angel. If it's repeatable we could probably fix it. Also, the texture pack thing that Ronaldo stated.

Should this map be accepted? Yes

Extra comments: N/A

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I would like you people to direct your attention at 3:25 at the video there seems to be a problem with a missing button we might want to fix this
Challenge accepted, Canadiens.
But in all seriousness, it looks like an easy fix plus we have the ability to edit maps while they're in the server, once it's in I can go in and do it if Dragosh doesn't do it himself.
Oh, and Dragosh forgot to tag you x)

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
What this map does well: It's a fun parkour map, which is a map type I personally don't see much on A&T. I also like how the map has a theme, instead of just "Hey look blocks, go jump on them."
What this map doesn't do so well: I don't really see anything wrong with the map. The difficulty could be increased, but some people do enjoy a calm, easy parkour.
Should this map be accepted? Yes.
Extra comments: I've got nothing.
is what I thought.