Mafia: Saints & Sinners - GAME OVER MAFIA WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
I forgot to select someone before last day ended.

Anyway, my suspect is still Good Skele as Beta did reveal info about sinners such as them having the 'poor' flavour in their role name, and with his general playstyle it doesn't feel like he would have taken a risk like that just to recieve some 'townie points'. Furthermore Skele's role seem sketchy imo. The fact that it only reveals the player he visited when night killed seems like a weird restriction, that also conveniently doesn't let town take use of the role by lynching him to reveal both him and another suspect.

I suppose we should listen to what Skele has to say first, but I doubt I will change my mind.

Good Skele

Reaction score
Inf's dead, he can't give me consequences.

I think it's clear the skele is the top candidate.
Skele, do you have a defense/who would you say is the alternative?
In all honesty, I have absolutely no idea now. I still don't want to believe that Unu might be mafia, but it's a tricky move from Stranger to add such a role if he isn't town after all.
Also, I've visited him last night.

Good Skele

Reaction score
You said you wanted to believe, but your phrasing doesn't exactly inspire "Don't kill me I'm not mafia- it's him!"
Because you also didn't say it couldn't be you.
I know that I am town, and you expect for just everyone to yell "I'm not mafia" or something?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I know that I am town, and you expect for just everyone to yell "I'm not mafia" or something?
No. If you're town, I expect you to act in the town's best interest by defending yourself and pushing on the actual last mafia member, knowing that if you fail to do so, town loses the game.
I've just reread your post from earlier, and I misread it the first time:
In all honesty, I have absolutely no idea now. I still don't want to believe that Unu might be mafia, but it's a tricky move from Stranger to add such a role if he isn't town after all.
Also, I've visited him last night.
I thought you'd said "I want to believe."

But even then my question for you is: If you don't want to think it's unu, then who do you think it is?

Good Skele

Reaction score
No. If you're town, I expect you to act in the town's best interest by defending yourself and pushing on the actual last mafia member, knowing that if you fail to do so, town loses the game.
I've just reread your post from earlier, and I misread it the first time:

I thought you'd said "I want to believe."

But even then my question for you is: If you don't want to think it's unu, then who do you think it is?
I just reread stuff and realized it's mylo lol, that's why I didn't put much effort because I expected that town would win anyways, my bad on that.
And well, if there can only be one saint left, then it is me. I don't know if Beta is any way proven, though.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Day 5 Final Vote Count
Good Skele - BetaPanda, Timdood3, Unusual_Dood

After several tense hours of rumination, the people of New Orleans finally decided that the best target for today's lynch would be Good Skele. With much dread looming over them about the possibility of being wrong, Good Skele was duly dispatched with a single gunshot to the head. Upon Good Skele's death, the people discovered that despite concerns otherwise, Good Skele was in fact the final Saint of New Orleans, Bernadette. They retreated to their homes, dreading what was to come.

Good Skele was Saint Bernadette. They were Town-aligned.
Welcome to Saints & Sinners, Good Skele.

Your role is Saint Bernadette. You are Town-aligned.

You may choose one player each night. If you die during the night, that player’s role will be revealed publicly.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Town.

I'm not going to bother to resolve Night 6 since there's no town roles remaining that could prevent a mafia win. Give me some time and I will fully resolve the end of the game.

• Congrats
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Game End - Mafia Win
The evening after Good Skele's execution, Unusual_Dood quietly snuck out and killed both Timdood3 and BetaPanda. He then walked back to his little shop with all the dead bodies and completed some sort of dark ritual using the blood of those killed. After this ritual was complete, a portal opened in the ground beneath his shop and hundreds of imp demons hopped out, accompanied by their master, the Devil. The group of them quickly split off to gather souls and wreak havoc on New Orleans. Meanwhile, the Devil stayed back to address his humble servant, Unusual_Dood. "Well done, Unusual_Dood" the Devil said. "Thank you master" Unusual_dood replied "But I do believe you owe me a favor for all that I've done in your absense." "That's quite correct." the Devil replied "Now that you've shown I can trust you, I'll grant you a small portion of my powers. Go forth and keep up my fiendish work, and the world is your oyster."

Fin.

Timdood3 was Poor Sinner Tom. They were Town-aligned.

Welcome to Saints & Sinners, Timdood3.

Your role is Poor Sinner Tom. You are Town-aligned.

Each night, you may try to make a deal with the devil. To do this, you must indicate during the preceding day phase that you wish to make a deal with the devil and which power you would like: Roleblock, Track, or Mail. For the purposes of watching or tracking, attempting or successfully making a deal with the Devil will not appear as a visit. If the Devil agrees to your deal, you will gain a single use of this power at the beginning of the following night phase. You may not use a power during the same night phase that you attempt to make a deal with the Devil. And of course, tread carefully, poor sinner, as making a deal with the Devil may carry some unexpected consequences.
For clarification, the actions are as follows:
-Roleblock: Visit one player and prevent their night action
-Track: Visit one player and learn who that player visited.
-Mail: Visit one player and send them an anonymous message.

Beta Panda was Poor Sinner Franklin. They were Town-aligned.
Welcome to Saints & Sinners, BetaPanda.

Your role is Poor Sinner Franklin. You are Town-Aligned.

Each night, you may try to make a deal with the devil. To do this, you must indicate during the preceding day phase that you wish to make a deal with the devil and which power you would like: Roleblock, Track, or Mail. For the purposes of watching or tracking, attempting or successfully making a deal with the Devil will not appear as a visit. If the Devil agrees to your deal, you will gain a single use of this power at the beginning of the following night phase. You may not use a power during the same night phase that you attempt to make a deal with the Devil. And of course, tread carefully, poor sinner, as making a deal with the Devil may carry some unexpected consequences.
For clarification, the actions are as follows:
-Roleblock: Visit one player and prevent their night action
-Track: Visit one player and learn who that player visited.
-Mail: Visit one player and send them an anonymous message.

Unusual_Dood was Dr. Jean Facilier. They were Mafia-aligned.
Welcome to Saints & Sinners, Unusual_Dood.

Your role is Dr. Jean Facilier. You are Mafia-aligned.

During each day phase, choose one player. You will get a private night chat with that player at night. This will appear as a visit during the night phase.

Win Condition: Gain factional control of the daily lynch vote.

Action spreadsheet and achievements coming shortly. Thread unlocked for people to talk :D

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Action spreadsheet at this link.

Achievements:
The Good Doctor: HKCaper, for attempting to protect mafia's target every single night up until the night he was killed.
Fanfic Denied: Fog, for requesting a Mail ability for fanfic purposes only to be denied.
Mission Commit Suicide to Save my Team: Infected_Alien8_, for successfully misdirecting town away from one of his teammates after realizing he was likely going to get lynched.
I Know What I'm Talking About, I Promise!: Alisha, for correctly trying to get Inffy lynched for most of the game despite narrowly avoiding getting lynched day zero.
Nice Try, But You're Too Late!: Aqua, for successfully uncovering TWG's lie only to get killed the same night.

Reflection:
So I had been working on this setup for a couple of weeks before I opened signups, and I even made a few tweaks while signups were open. I had very much built this setup with the idea in mind of tempting vanilla townies to make deals with the Devil in order to get night actions, as I'm sure plenty of people can relate that night phase tends to feel very uneventful when you're a VT. The mafia innkeeper role was intended to help goad townies in that direction, though I'll acknowledge I didn't really do as much as I could have to incentivize the mafia to want and/or accept deals. I'll admit fewer deals with the Devil were made than I expected, but those that were made actually worked out pretty closely to what I was predicting. Another huge part of this setup was PR detection - Aqua's role and the Poor Sinner's track ability were built with the idea to narrow down the pool of who was a PR vs. who was a VT. The Devil's speech compulsion penalty was intended to do the opposite in a more covert way (e.g. force poor sinners to claim in a way that only mafia could detect) - the Devil was only provided with the role names of the players who wanted to make deals, not the name of the player themselves. Overall, I felt that this idea was identified pretty quickly and people were able to work with it, along with the standard social deduction that makes mafia fun as it is. Even though there were some issues with AFK players, I had a blast hosting this game and I hope y'all had a great time playing! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.