EscapeRemastered Mafia

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
To avoid confusion, this is not a signup thread, it's an idea pitch.

We all love our wacky closed setups here, and there are plenty of ideas we've come up with through the years. Be they original or inspired, they provide us with unique experiences. But alas, once a closed setup has been experienced...That's it. One shot. Or is it....

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, this is what I'm here to present to you today: EscapeRemastered! My goal is to take the old closed setups we remember fondly and revamp them into new unique experiences! I aim to keep the original spirit of the games intact while trimming and incorporating interesting ideas that didn't make it into the game the first time around.

But before I start work on the project, I need thoughts from you guys. Would you be willing to play remastered closed setups? Are there any games in particular you'd like to see redone and rerun? Please let me know!

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
A game reusing Inffy's Comedy Club mechanics and style would be an interesting remix since we all would know a lot more going in for a second time and could have deeper strategy, provided a host accommodated for the additional information town has.

I'd love to be involved with an Economy of Madness remix either as a host or player, maybe I could get to play my own concept!!!

Timeline of Dichotomous Flowers by ChocoFox had a cool central concept, taking it to the next level as we all know how that weird little colored flower works would be pretty awesome.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I personally think this would be super cool! I for one would love to play and/or help design an Economy of Madness 2.0 or a Happy Vice Institute 2.0. I've also been tossing around a few ideas as to how I could re-use the item mechanics from They Are Among Us in the future, though I haven't designed anything concrete from that yet. For that matter, I wouldn't mind playing 2.0 versions of some setups that happened before I was around EscRestart regularly (e.g. Pearled Bridge, Tavern Arcana, etc.).

I think if we're gonna do this going forward, we should also try and keep the setups smaller just b/c of the reality that getting active people on here to play has been difficult at best lately. Like as fun as it was to have setups like economy with 20+ people, I don't think hosting a setup of that size on here is going to be realistic anytime in the near future.

Reactions: HKCaper

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
A game reusing Inffy's Comedy Club mechanics and style would be an interesting remix since we all would know a lot more going in for a second time and could have deeper strategy
IDK about everyone else but my "deeper strategy" for a Comedy club 2.0 would be running around the map like a maniac yelling "NOT THE BEES!!!"