Mafia: Saints & Sinners - GAME OVER MAFIA WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Since otherwise do you not think the mechanic would be pointless? Either a deal with the devil was so OP it was a free win for a town or it would be too ambiguous so no sinners would ever make it.
you get a night action with only vague consequences, i can see people taking the deal and being converted

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
How do you know?

I feel it would be unlikely, if role conversion was a thing, that 2+ players had the choice to switch alignment, same with a lot of the potential deal outcomes.

Do you not think there might be more at play and it might not be your choice? After all the devil always wins.
This is why I think making deals benefits the mafia.
I see it as, the sinner makes a deal, gets a temporary benefit, but the mafia gets a permanent benefit.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I see it as, the sinner makes a deal, gets a temporary benefit, but the mafia gets a permanent benefit.
but if that were the case then why would anybody ever make a deal, like I said to alisha with a day 0 of basic conversation it's not a far shout that 99% of games would have atleast one person come to that conclusion. It literally suggests it's bad in the 1 sentence of thematic lore.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
but if that were the case then why would anybody ever make a deal, like I said to alisha with a day 0 of basic conversation it's not a far shout that 99% of games would have atleast one person come to that conclusion. It literally suggests it's bad in the 1 sentence of thematic lore.
I think you should have more faith in the host's ability to create a balanced setup.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Alisha Timdood3 what would be your thoughts on some form of hypnotist role or something that would force you into making a deal?
I'd like it unlikely.
I don't think making deals is inherently bad.
I mean, obviously consequences are consequences, but I don't think it's as drastic as "town loses the game over it" that'd be silly.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I mean, obviously consequences are consequences, but I don't think it's as drastic as "town loses the game over it" that'd be silly.
Sure but we don't know the consequences and unless we physically cannot win without making deals with the devil I don't see a reasonable scenario where they'd be necessary unless it was mylo or something else drastic

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
The Devil and his friends in the local voodoo community plan on using the festivities to gather the souls of poor, unsuspecting sinners amongst the crowds for their own nefarious purposes. Will the Devil be able to achieve his goal of claiming all the souls in New Orleans?
plus Timdood3 like I say, the lore literally makes it clear that the devil's team has some form of objective within claiming the souls of specifically sinners.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'd like it unlikely.
I don't think making deals is inherently bad.
the flavour does imply that the devil has the help of the local voodoo community so I wouldn't put it past the devil to have a voodoo 'mind control' ability of some kind, like a one-shot ability for the devil to force a deal on someone or something

Reactions: Aqua

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Alisha expanding upon what I asked before, so you privately make a deal during the day to get your pr, is that correct? If so is it instantaneous or do you have to wait until the following night/day for the devil to accept the deal?

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Sure they're not necessary. Prs and the like are never "necessary"
They're an additional game element to make the game more interesting and fun.
OK but that has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Why would anybody use them?

I'm all for risky strats and moves that could potentially throw the game - I love fucking with people in mafia. But most people don't, most people care about winning or at the very least care about not actively losing the game for their team. Thus like I say, I can't think of a reasonable scenario where a player would make a deal unless there was nothing left to lose.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
OK but that has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Why would anybody use them?

I'm all for risky strats and moves that could potentially throw the game - I love fucking with people in mafia. But most people don't, most people care about winning or at the very least care about not actively losing the game for their team. Thus like I say, I can't think of a reasonable scenario where a player would make a deal unless there was nothing left to lose.
let's be real a lot of people don't play mafia with making optimal plays in mind

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
In my opinion I think that The Devil is probably Mafia aligned and not third party since the whole theme of the game seems to be ‘The Devil and his advocates’ a potential theory I’ve thought it could be that The Devil doesn’t know who their team is but can give a night order or advice to their team or even send one of them after a specific player to do The Devil’s dirty work for them.

also maybe ‘making a deal with the devil’ could grant you invulnerability for a night rather than alignment shifting since I feel as though if town were losing people would jump ship to get a win

Literally just an early game theory
I’m not sure how third parties work tho

Status
Not open for further replies.