Survival Coming Soon: Simple SMP - A New Simplistic Take (+ More Surprises!)

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me

Welcome to Simple SMP

I'm proud to finally announce the next iteration of EscapeRestart's SMP Server, one that doesn't follow any of our past servers, keeps it simple, but unique & fun.

The goal of this server is simple (heh), I saw how much the users of EscapeRestart enjoyed the Temp SMP I ran a while back. People regularly played it despite it being fairly barebones, and in my eyes, it was a pretty good server and held up well for only being temporary. I saw a lot of players talking about how much they enjoyed the server, so I decided to take a stab at something a little more feature-filled, but still stuck to the point of Minecraft. I also have some exciting news to announce on top of this...

Collaboration with r/LilPeep Discord

Admittedly, EscapeRestarts player base isn't as big as it used to be. I have been aware of this for quite a while, but luckily we still have dedicated players (especially on our creative server) that keep us afloat. I have been working on a lot, and trying to build up a team and saving money for advertising - but on top of that, I decided to try for something a little different this time.

I'm an administrator of the discord and have gotten a pretty close relationship with the community and staff there. Recently, many there have shown great interest in playing Minecraft - specifically an SMP Server. I was just beginning Simple SMP at the time this was starting, so I went ahead and talked with the admins and I'm happy to say we will have another community come and join us too! They are all great and amazing people, and I enjoy their community so much - I hope this encourages future players and future relationships because its beneficial for both of us. They have around 4.5K Members on discord :)

You may see a few new faces pop up on our discord, forums, etc - feel free to say hi and welcome them!

Few Main Features

1.15 Ready, Buzzy Bees & All!
Player Market Plots
Beautiful Spawn w/ Shop, Leaderboards, & Secrets!
Jobs (NOT McMMO)
Player Driven Economy
End / Boss Events
Consistent Updates / New Events
PvP Toggles
+ Many More!

F.A.Q

Q:
Are there any quests or lore?
A: No. I don't plan on going big with anything here, we aren't as huge as we used to be staff wise and its easier to maintain and promise consistent updates & new features this way

Q: Factions?
A: No, there will be a system in place to establish towns - but there will be no Factions on this server.

Q: Who is r/LilPeep
A: A Community based around the artist Lil Peep, I've been part of it quite a while and they are all amazing people I love to be with.

Q: Is 1.15 Going to run better than the Temp 1.14 Server?
A: Absolutely! 1.15 is a huge improvement and I'm super comfortable releasing a public server on this build.

Q: How "Vanilla" Is This?
A: Hard Question to Answer. I want to keep Minecraft's main vanilla goal in mind, along with not deteriorating its core mechanics either. I also want to add unique features and keep it fun, so I'd say it's about half and half ?

Q: Where's the release date?
A: I will be making another thread about that soon. I want to get the core details out and get some hype and interest for the server, but don't fret! I have a good amount of staff for this server and with it not being overly complex, we are making amazing progress. I'd wager a month or so honestly - if you want my guess!

End Note

I hope you all enjoy this server. I know it's not as crazy as LoP, or as in-depth as Arcadia - but from seeing what came from the Temp SMP server I'm sure we can all have just as much fun without all of that stuff. I've had this idea in my mind for a while and despite being quite busy have been taking a lot of time to work on it because I am genuinely excited to get a nice SMP out for our community. If you have any suggestions, comments, or concerns - feel free to comment them below or DM me on Discord / The Forums, wherever you feel appropriate. ❤

Hex

Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
You already know what I am going to ask: Will there be raiding or map pvp?
Raiding somewhat. Anything that isn't claimed is free game and loot. IF there is a spot that you can get into, then that's what it is. (Minus using exploits of course)

PVP is a toggle on/off feature. IF players choose to toggle it off, they can't be hit - but they also cannot defend their base if it is unprotected & attacked. There is a cooldown so players cannot abuse the system and turn it on / off rapidly either. There will be a good amount of systems to make sure no abusing of it happens, and we will actively work on fixing anything that does come up.

I want it to appeal to both players without impeding both of them. Hopefully, this is a good middle-ground. It may need some live-testing, but I do hope it won't take long to get everything balanced in that department. Always willing to take advice from a PvP expert too! ?

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Raiding somewhat. Anything that isn't claimed is free game and loot. IF there is a spot that you can get into, then that's what it is. (Minus using exploits of course)

PVP is a toggle on/off feature. IF players choose to toggle it off, they can't be hit - but they also cannot defend their base if it is unprotected & attacked. There is a cooldown so players cannot abuse the system and turn it on / off rapidly either. There will be a good amount of systems to make sure no abusing of it happens, and we will actively work on fixing anything that does come up.

I want it to appeal to both players without impeding both of them. Hopefully, this is a good middle-ground. It may need some live-testing, but I do hope it won't take long to get everything balanced in that department. Always willing to take advice from a PvP expert too! ?
This seems fair I would say if possible you could enable pvp in the nether/end along with the planned plugin. Other than that it looks good!

• Useful
Reactions: Vrgin and Hex

Hex

Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
This seems fair I would say if possible you could enable pvp in the nether/end along with the planned plugin. Other than that it looks good!
I believe I could make it so that in the End / Nether PVP is always on... could be an interesting idea honestly, I quite like it.

Lazerman121

Reaction score
MCMMO or mutiny :p.
I can't wait for this :). If its not to late for suggestions I would love to see custome enchants :). better be some shattered savannas as well I need another above the clouds mountain top base.

Reactions: _ChoasLego_