[GAME OVER - TOWN WIN] The Comedy Club

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount

Nottykitten - Alisha, Ltin (2/7)
Alisha - Stranger from Planet 9 (1/7)
Refuse - Nottykitten, hipmeow, TheWeakGuy48_, sessybessy, Omni, Mooglie (6/6)

--

The speaker noise echoes through the room. The voice begins talking before it settles. It speaks slower than before.

"I see you've made... a choice. A poor one. A very, very poor one. But... it is your choice."

There is a long sigh.

"There's no use in getting angry with you. You'll see soon enough that sending somebody to the stage is your only chance of survival. For some of you it will already be too late. For some... you may still have a chance."

There is a long pause.

The monitor switches off.

It switches back on again and displays:

The voice suddenly picks up in pace.

"Night is approaching. And with it, the building is beginning to power down. The lights won't remain on for much longer. There is not much time.

Choose where you're going to spend the night. And you better hope, for your sake, it is a much better choice than this one.

As I mentioned before more rooms are out of bounds now. So don't try going in them. Your soul won't allow it anyway. If you've still got one.

Take a flashlight from the box at the back and hurry. There is no time to discuss anything more. Usually the power would last a little longer, for the performance. They'd do what they can to keep it going, just a little longer. But now that I've had to cancel it, they aren't wasting any resources. Which... blah. It doesn't matter to you."

Another pause.

"And the pamphlets. Once you've settled down, open a page. You really need to start making better choices if you're going to stand a chance at surviving long enough to perform."

The microphone-dying noise leaves the room in quiet. After a moment of silence, the doors on the sides of the room slide up, revealing corridors behind them. The screen flickers again, this time revealing a new timer. It says: TIME UNTIL POWER FAILURE: 1:00. It is counting down from a minute. It flickers back and forth from the map and timer every second.

End of Day 0: A Necessary Introduction
--

INTERMISSION

Last edited:

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
After everybody has arrived at the Lobby, the doors slide shut. There are a few moments of a lot of violent coughing. The high pitched noise ceases. The speaker sound echoes through the room.

"Good morning. Well done for getting here in a timely fashion. None of you passed out in the corridors. I'm impressed.

And... congratulations. Every single one of you here. Because you made it to morning."

There is a pause.

"The same cannot be said for one of you."

There is another pause. You can hear what sounds like the tapping of a keyboard. You look around at the others for a moment, before the voice resumes speaking, snatching your attention back. It speaks slowly.

"Unnamed."

The voice sighs.

"I've accessed their file. There isn't a name there. So I suppose we'll have to give them one ourselves."

Another moment of typing.

"Omni."

The voice speaks at regular pace now.

That's what the computer has come up with. A silly little name generator. But... we have nothing else, unless one of you knew them a little better. Otherwise - I shall call them Omni."

Another moment of typing.

"It seems they had quite the history. Traumatising. A shame. According to the data we have on Omni, they were unemployed, but their personality was described as 'courageous; determined; a survivor'. A little ironic but let's not rub it in."

Another pause.

"Anyway. That's that. He died. Last night. You won't see him again. So if you need to mourn, do so now. Once again, there isn't a lot of time. The next performance is scheduled. And this one will go through. It will. I will not accept another refusal. It cannot happen. It simply cannot.

But... I suppose I have little reason to stress. Because you've seen it now.

The proof.

Omni is dead for a reason. And you might be next. I don't like repeating myself. So I'll say this one more time. The only way to get rid of them before they get rid of you... is the stage. This time, make the right choice. For your own survival."

The sound that you recognise from yesterday, the clunking of metal and the 'bzzt', introduces the monitor that descends above the raised platform once again. It flickers on.

"The out of bounds areas are on the monitor now. The timer is set. Let's make this a better day than yesterday, shall we? The performance will not wait. Make a decision. Use the stage to your advantage, before it is too late for you, just as it was for Omni.

I'll be back soon."

The voice cuts away as the microphone switches off. The monitor flickers to reveal the timer:

[Deadline is 01/08, 7pm BST]

--

Omni was Unnamed, the Survivalist:

"If there is anything you have learnt in life so far, it is how to survive. Nobody has the right to take away another’s life. Nobody. It doesn’t matter who you are to them, or who they are to you. You had to learn that the hard way. But it will never happen again. Not if you have anything to say about it. You'll use your surroundings to your advantage. You’re resourceful and cunning and most of all, you’re a survivor. And that’s how they’ll remember you.

Alignment:
Town

Role: Survivalist

Abilities: ??? (Unlocked after obtaining an item: Craft wire barricades to prevent intruders to the room you are in during the night. [Requires 1 x Wire])

Win condition: Eliminate all threats to Town"

--

Day 1

It takes 6 votes to send somebody out on stage, and 6 votes to refuse.

Playerlist
1. Alisha
2. Timdood3
3. Ltin
4. Stranger from Planet 9
5. Omni
6. Mooglie
7. hipmeow
8. Nottykitten
9. TheWeakGuy48_
10. HKCaper
11. webpaige
12. sessybessy

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Well, good morning everyone.

Assuming we all read a page of the pamphlet last night, I suppose we could start by paraphrasing anything we learned?

To start, I read page 15.
I learned that a previous group found a way to make the audience not laugh. This caused "it" to happen, no clue what "it" is.
I also read page 15 but I'm gonna slightly elaborate on it. When I read page 15 it had a note inside it. The note is in first person by someone that I'm going to refer to as Dave for the purpose of paraphrasing even though there is no name specified.

Dave found information left by previous comedians that with 100% certainty (according to dave) were in the same predicament as he was. However dave mentions that aside from the previous comedians there was something that is yet unknown to the dave's group of comedians. Multiple unknowns had chosen a new destiny which included an ability to make listening comedians not laugh if they (the unknowns) were up on stage. By them doing exactly this something mysterious happened.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
yeah lets KICK THIS OFF

last night me and hip were in the kitchen as planned
except the lighting box was closed so paige came as well (ltin went elsewhere)
and the library was closed so OMNI came as well (stranger went elsewhere)

this morning i was told i guess flavour about waking up and what i saw and apparently one of the other people looked evil and emotionless aka GUILTY

so here i am casting my suspicion on hip and paige very intensely

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Meanwhile I do not know my role name yet but I did learn about my ability upon entering the basement. I can purify people of items. This will remove any items they have and prevent them from getting any items on that night. I used it on Alisha last night. I had no idea what kind of items we were talking about and I assumed like voodoo curse type items but maybe they're more householdy than I thought.

I found a piece of wire in the basement last night which I'm assuming is 100% useless now because Omni is dead. Speaking of the basement Ltin came and intruded me and Weak causing us to be very upset.

Also I feel compelled to get into the kitchen tonight so you know where I'll be.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
yeah lets KICK THIS OFF

last night me and hip were in the kitchen as planned
except the lighting box was closed so paige came as well (ltin went elsewhere)
and the library was closed so OMNI came as well (stranger went elsewhere)

this morning i was told i guess flavour about waking up and what i saw and apparently one of the other people looked evil and emotionless aka GUILTY

so here i am casting my suspicion on hip and paige very intensely
or im completely wrong and misread the information and it actually says 2 other people are getting up like normal and 1 person is emotionless and has a bad vibe but thats the dead person aka omni so i guess 0 suspicion on paige or hip other than the fact omni died in our room

• Agree
Reactions: webpaige

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I was in the downstairs dressing room with HK and Tim.
Based on what Mooglie is saying, I think lynching one of Mooglie, Paige and hipmeow would be our best option, and putting the other two in a room together tonight would be smart.

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I read page 17, which had two seemingly separate stories on it.
The first seems to be a journal entry or something. The person basically decided that they were going to go up on stage with the express intent of insulting the audience and not telling a joke out of spite, knowing full well they would die.

The second, in light of page 15, is I think more interesting. When people started worshipping a thing (identified as a pronoun), they gained mental abilities. They also got a limited ability to walk around at night. Then it said that something called the Darkness (which I assume is the thing they were worshipping) wanted lots of blood. The way that was mentioned implied that other people also wanted blood, but the Darkness was greedy and wouldn't share.

Speaking of the basement Ltin came and intruded me and Weak causing us to be very upset.
You were far more upset about that than weak was.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I read page 13 and there was a note about how the judges always laugh at every joke which led me and my roommate (Alisha) to theorise that maybe the challenge is to not make the judges laugh? The writer of the note also referred to the judges as a ‘monsters’ at one point too and then graphically described how they would kill the judges

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
anyway as for our 4 persons worth of pamphlet reading
i read page 1
paige read page 2
omni read page 19
and hip read page 22

page 1 paraphrased from me in night chat (btw youre allowed to direct quote your own posts just not other peoples in the night chat!):

'well page 1 SUGGESTS that theres a physical embodiment (maybe??) of the dark (i guess what happens during intermission/night) and the light (i guess what happens during the day!) and that the light can defeat the dark

it also refers to someone else telling whoever wrote this page this information (idk how specific im allowed to be with paraphrasing) and i think its talking about the voice but its not specific'

im gonna paraphrase page 19 on behalf of omni since he ded:

the PONDERING of i guess where we are in the wider world (like where this building/whatever we're being held in is) and whether someone was alone or safe with another person + an engineer keeping all the batteries to themselves and not explaining why

ok look its hard to paraphrase someone else paraphrasing the pamphlet

together we theorised that this light being's 2 glowing eyes could be 2 torches and that you have to go around the map collecting items in order to defeat the darkness/escape or whatever (e.g. torches in the lighting box (even though we already have them i guess) and batteries in the basement) - this seems confirmed on omni's role description when flipping

but ya

hipmeow

Reaction score
heres my page 22 paraphrasing

'well mine bascically talks about how we need to escape before we die i guess
and that whoever wrote this will forgive a tratior amongst us as long as
someone makes them stop before they all ded'

and i basically came up with that there maybe a be a traitor role and that theres possibly an alternate win condition which involves escaping but honestly these both seem like stretches to me.

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
or im completely wrong and misread the information and it actually says 2 other people are getting up like normal and 1 person is emotionless and has a bad vibe but thats the dead person aka omni so i guess 0 suspicion on paige or hip other than the fact omni died in our room
that's how I read it
still think you and hip are suspicious

I'm guessing it was either a mafia kill or a random kill because we didn't lynch
omni wasn't bloody or bruised or anything based on the text given, so he was either poisoned or got the soul removed from him or something like that
but can mafia target outside of the room(s) they are in, or only target rooms with not 2 people in it
or is someone randomly killed when there is no lynch if they meet the criteria

furthermore my page :
"someone used library book paper to write a note that made someone cry and offer themselves as tribute to the stage instead of the note writer and then got vored never to be seen again"
so it sounds to me like someone went to the library and got scrap paper from a book there and used it to drive someone to their deaths
which can be a mafia role with indirect killing powers

together we theorised that this light being's 2 glowing eyes could be 2 torches and that you have to go around the map collecting items in order to defeat the darkness/escape or whatever (e.g. torches in the lighting box (even though we already have them i guess) and batteries in the basement) - this seems confirmed on omni's role description when flipping
I was so CONFUSED about what nonsense you were saying until I remembered weird people call flashlights 'torches'

I also unlocked an ability last night and I have no idea if it is useful at all

hipmeow

Reaction score
so it sounds to me like someone went to the library and got scrap paper from a book there and used it to drive someone to their deaths
which can be a mafia role with indirect killing powers
anyway i thought id just spit out something i noticed related to this. yesterday stranger was the first to claim library which could possibly mean they are this role (which sounds more mafia than town but who knows) plus just for transparency's sake i guess i am the prime suspect out of me, oog, and paige due to omni being dead and he thought i was mafia but idk if he actually thought that or was memeing