Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
Hello everyone! As many people know, the new Creative Server has been announced, and some of you may also know that we did voting a while ago to choose the name for it, and BB won majorly.

Long story short, I woke up a few days ago to a giant, yellow envelope in my mail addressed to myself, with EscapeRestart.com listed right under it.
To my surprise, it wasn't an award for being the best CA ever (lol!), but a very real and very serious Cease and Desist letter from a company called AppOnBoard, ends up we were infringing on a copyright on their program called BuildBox! (Aren't laws neat)
The timing really seemed perfect, considering the name has been out in the public for a while now, and I'm hit with it a few days before the official release.

The good news is, I don't plan on delaying the release because of this! I still plan on opening at the original time and date posted on the previous thread.
Bad News, the current name we chose is 100% not available. I've been kinda stressed over it and have been scrambling to find a new name, but I cannot think of anything.

For now, my best option is slapping the Create name on it and appending a Renewed / Revamped tag, or even a fancy v3. There was also some people mentioning naming it to Blocktopia, as another callback and it fits quite well in context, let me know what you guys think. I really wanted the server to have a special name, but my staff team and I can't come up with anything that feels as catchy besides the two listed, and the previous chosen name we can't use.

I hope you all understand, and I also want to say that it is in no way the companies fault for this. We were just very unaware that a copyright was on the name, and we will make sure in the future that we look more into that.

Last edited:
Reactions: TehBrian

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Here are some terrible names I can come up with
  • Bloxology
  • Craft Block
  • BloxCraft
  • Craft Blox
  • BuildHaus
  • Bedblock Creations
  • Blockreate
  • Boxbuilt
  • Build Vault
  • Buildworks
  • Bloxcrate
  • Blockitech
  • Buildox
Or just Blocktopia ^u^

Reactions: sessybessy

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
ConstructCube

I'm gonna frame my copy of the letter, what better way to celebrate 10 years than with our first cease and desist

Yes but also fuck them for bullying a small, non-profit gaming community over a Minecraft server name
Surely it wouldn't stick in court, and hopefully getting a pro bono lawyer etc. I would love to frame the copy of the letter saying it got thrown out.