[Game Over] Just Your Average Mafia Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Who do you want to lynch?
If I had to choose now I'd say TimDood3 would be my first choice due to his weird idea of people claming "Not Joe", which could be a backdoor way for mafia to figure out town PRs and/or SK. Granted, I'm not very confident in this early read at all, but we don't have a ton of time to choose someone to lynch either.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If I had to choose now I'd say TimDood3 would be my first choice due to his weird idea of people claming "Not Joe", which could be a backdoor way for mafia to figure out town PRs and/or SK. Granted, I'm not very confident in this early read at all, but we don't have a ton of time to choose someone to lynch either.
What do you think about TWG?

Mafia Host
Reaction score
What do you think about TWG?
I could see TWG possibly being scum, but his suggestion to lynch all Joe claims doesn't conflict with what I'd expect of him as townie - I'd expect him to (somewhat recklessly) assume that SK would automatically claim Joe. Sure, that wasn't the most brilliant suggestion this early in the game, but I've seen him do more reckless things before.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I could see TWG possibly being scum, but his suggestion to lynch all Joe claims doesn't conflict with what I'd expect of him as townie - I'd expect him to (somewhat recklessly) assume that SK would automatically claim Joe. Sure, that wasn't the most brilliant suggestion this early in the game, but I've seen him do more reckless things before.
Ok

I'm going to bed now, gn

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Also I agree with stranger that having everyone claim 'not joe' is dodgy, would divide the claimspace into people who have posted, haven't posted, etc in addition to basically going out and having the people that haven't talked become possible Joes - essentially the reverse of just having Joe claim without having anti-town being forced to counterclaim d1

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Wait I have an idea

Let's just go with a classic Follow The Cop, cop claims and doctor stays silent and protects cop every night

Cop don't claim unless most of the people here think it's a good idea (and if you don't think it's a good idea even if it gets the votes please out anyway because it's for your own good)

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Then we don't need to bother with the joe debate because we have a guaranteed cop safeclaim anyway, or if scum counterclaim then we lynch one and if it's a mislynch then get the other, same thing as joe but with an added doctor insurance

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Yeah laywer would be present as a way to mess with cop results no matter if cop claims or not so that's an irrelevant factor

cop just shouldn't out their intended inspection target to minimize the chances lawyer is correct

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yeah laywer would be present as a way to mess with cop results no matter if cop claims or not so that's an irrelevant factor

cop just shouldn't out their intended inspection target to minimize the chances lawyer is correct
If cop is careful about not outing their intended inspection target, then I'm on board with this plan.

Reactions: Alisha

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
VOTECOUNT Alisha quit pentaposting that is Inf's job.
Comp - [1] - {Infected_alien8_};
Infected_alien8_ - [1] - {Alisha};

With 9 players it takes 5 to lynch and 5 to no-lynch.
The deadline is 12:00 Central, 17:00 GMT, on Monday, July 15th.

Reactions: Alisha

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Wait I have an idea

Let's just go with a classic Follow The Cop, cop claims and doctor stays silent and protects cop every night

Cop don't claim unless most of the people here think it's a good idea (and if you don't think it's a good idea even if it gets the votes please out anyway because it's for your own good)
Good idea, except for do we know that the doctor can protect the same person each and every night?

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Lul, what I meant was that we lynch both the Joe-claims if two people claims Joe (as we can't know who's the real Joe based off who flips what).

Wouldn't us mislynching today mean that we've most likely lost by tomorrow?
6 town v 2 maf v 1 SK today
(If we mislynch and if two kills happens)
3 town v 2 maf v 1 SK tomorrow

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score

I'm not entirely opposed, but I'm also not sure if I see what we gain by this? Mostly the possibility of cop surviving till tomorrow and someone to lead us today

Status
Not open for further replies.