Not open for further replies.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
PM FORMAT:
You are [name], [role].

[Role description]

You win when [win condition].
Names are randomly assigned, and not relevant to the game in any capacity.

Obviously, the rules from the signups thread still apply.

Here is the setup:
3x Villager
1x Doc - Saves one person each night.
1x Role Cop - Gets the role of one person each night.
1x Joe - Powerless town person.
1x Mafioso - Standard mafia.
1x Lawyer - Makes one person appear as Joe each night to the cop.
1x Serial Killer - Kills one person each night, and appears as Joe upon death, and if investigated.

Player List
1. Infected_alien8_
2, HKCaper
3. Timdood3
4. TheWeakGuy48_
5. Unusual_Dood
6. Stranger from Planet 9
7. Comp
8. sessybessy
9. Alisha

Role PM's are being sent. This thread will remain locked until then. Please confirm in your PM that you have received it. Day 0 will being once all PM's have been sent, and a deadline will be sent when all PMs have been confirmed.

Last edited:

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
It is now Day 0. With 9 players it takes 5 votes for a lynch, and 5 votes for a no lynch. For Day 0 only, if nobody receives enough votes, the day will result in a no lynch.

A deadline will be set once every player has confirmed their role PM.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hello, just gonna start off my game by talking about Joe.

Joe is an interesting role and mechanic. The role itself is a named townie, however in the setups it works entirely different. The SK will be revealed as Joe upon death and upon investigation, this means that two people is likely to claim to be Joe. There's also the Mafia lawyer, who can make someone appear as town. This effectively makes a joe-result on someone confusing, as we can't know if they're the real Joe (town), SK or lawyered.

I therefor suggest we get Joe to claim and lynch all the Joe-claims.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score

Joe is an interesting role and mechanic. The role itself is a named townie, however in the setups it works entirely different. The SK will be revealed as Joe upon death and upon investigation, this means that two people is likely to claim to be Joe. There's also the Mafia lawyer, who can make someone appear as town. This effectively makes a joe-result on someone confusing, as we can't know if they're the real Joe (town), SK or lawyered.

We will only get 1 claim, and I don’t really see that doing us anything good later since if role cop gets Joe we will not know if that is caused by lawyer or not.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
VOTECOUNT
Woah my signature is huge how do I fix that
By not being a Mafia Host, Server Admin, or TTT or Deathrun staff member.
With 9 players it takes 5 to lynch, and 5 to no lynch.

Not everybody has confirmed but meh.
A Deadline has been set for 12:00 Central, 17:00 GMT, on Monday, July 15th.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

Hm I can see the benefit in Joe claiming today, but I don't think we should lynch them

If Joe does claim today, I doubt anybody will fake cc so early on in the game since they'd just make themselves a suspect for SK early on for just one mislynch which obviously isn't a good idea, and right now there's no clear lynch target so it's not like anybody will be fake claiming to save their lives either

So that means we should have an uncc proven town from the start which could be a useful thing to have since having a voice you can 100% trust and one less person to worry about or waste an investigation on would be nice - and I don't think it'll mean they get nightkilled by outing either since I doubt the mafia will be wanting to kill Joe tonight since there's a chance the doctor goes on them and killing cop/doctor/sk would be a lot more useful to them

So yeah rn I'm on board with Joe outing (as long as real Joe makes sure to CC any fake Joe claims since we probs won't believe you if you wait until after today and that could cost the game later on if we mislynch you)

Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Inf, what are your thoughts on people claiming Not Joe?
As in a few people claim Not Joe and have a few people not say anything? At first glance it seems like just a less powerful version of Joe claiming since with Joe claiming we have a clear townie who doc could be on if they want to and we know to trust them, but with just a few people who could be Joe I don't think we'd get much benefit from that unless I'm missing something

Why, what are your thoughts on it?

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
There are several reasons to have Joe claim.

The SK is revealed as Joe on both cop-reports and when flipping, this could make the game real confusing because we wouldn't know if the dead Joe is the SK or the real Joe.

If Cop investigates Joe, we are bound to lynch them tomorrow. With Joe claiming we give the cop one less player to potentially investigate and we also know that if cop investigates someone and gets Joe as a result we have a 1/2 chance of them being SK.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also since there are two kills this game we will be dropping like flies. Best hope is that SK and Mafia will target each other, but I suggest we no-lynch today so we can lynch tomorrow instead (and have a better chance of correctly lynching) ( cop should also out their results ). I'm also open for suggestions if anyone had anything.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I think it's important that we lynch today despite how little time we have

If we assume a fairly likely worst-case scenario where the mafia and SK both get a kill for the next few nights, no-lynching today means we enter mylo tomorrow, so we only get one shot at lynching and if we're wrong it's game over. Since we didn't try to lynch today, we'll have very little to go off in terms of reads, so we'd be relying on the cop getting a maf report, which is fairly unlikely night 1

If we lynch today though, under that same scenario where mafia and SK both get a kill for the next few nights, we still get another lynch shot tomorrow, so we had two shots at lynching correctly, and with the content that a lynch causes, our reads tomorrow can hopefully be improved relative to if we didn't lynch today, making it more likely we survive past day 1 imo

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to Joe claiming early, but lynching a Joe claim now would be idiotic. We have very little room for error in this game, so we should try to lynch scum. If we have multiple Joe claims, then lynching one of those would be advisible, but I wouldn't lynch a Joe claim unless that happens.

Also Infected_alien8_ why vote comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.