The Economy of Madness - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I'm going to clarify my stance on messaging mechanics since it hasn't changed since TPB when I last defined it;

System messages are kept to an absolute minimum, unless they concern information or updating of game specific mechanics. Comparing notes like asking about how host responses are styled/given/not given is not allowed.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
oog and raxo's roles weren't designed to move the scale, it was a byproduct of their action. the fact you didnt glean this from your own action is very confusing. I would see whichever action you used, if you have multitaker and used them both i would see them added together, i expect
I mean in the sense that their action was only about moving the scale, instead of having an action for doing something else that also moved the scale - I thought your role would see if someone's power was just about moving the scale and where they'd move it to, rather than seeing how somebody's action effected the scale even if the action had other purposes

I guess I just confused myself and wasn't making a huge amount of sense since the way their actions affected the scale was through the same mechanism through which others do as a byproduct of their action so it'd be a bit weird/streamlined for your role to specifically learn about powers that only affect the scale and do nothing else

• Agree
Reactions: PokeSvorlds

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
—— Bimonthly Economic Update ——
Deadline: 22 April 2019 UTC 22:00.

Dess - 1 (Nottykitten) [B-9]
PokeSvorlds - 1 (Omni) [B-9]

With 18 players, it takes 10 votes to bankrupt and 9 votes to no-bankrupt.

If no option reaches the required number of votes when a deadline hits, the day will end as a no-bankruptcy.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
gathering info to restate his claim i guess
two people tried to delay their claim with some weird excuse

mafia mulb (although I bought her excuse since it was such bizarre reasoning I thought she'd not think she'd get away with it so must be telling the truth)

and dess (which I didn't really buy since he said he had to go to work so couldn't explain the other part of his role but made a decent sized post telling us he didn't have time which just makes no sense to me)

I wonder if we've got 2 mafia trying to pull the same trick on our hands

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score

mafia mulb (although I bought her excuse since it was such bizarre reasoning I thought she'd not think she'd get away with it so must be telling the truth)

and dess (which I didn't really buy since he said he had to go to work so couldn't explain the other part of his role but made a decent sized post telling us he didn't have time which just makes no sense to me)

And for this I literally didn't have time I was doing it on my phone while walking in to work and most of the time I post on my PC so don't assume that me making a post, using speech to text at that, is an indication about me trying to defer making a role claim

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
And for this I literally didn't have time I was doing it on my phone while walking in to work and most of the time I post on my PC so don't assume that me making a post, using speech to text at that, is an indication about me trying to defer making a role claim
And to further this typically when people make posts or claims at that it spurs a discussion point, something I purely did not have the time to get in to.

ANYWAYS...

I don't know what this whole business is about notty claiming guard. Notty claimed watcher day zero. So lets make some assumptions then based off of her claiming guard. Her claiming guard is a CC to me but if we look at how with day zero's lynch resulting in notme dying she did nothing to prevent that. With her claiming guard then in her eyes I would be 100% mafia and I would be lying about my claim would I not? So instead of saying anything about this she instead continues to stay silent and let a lynch on a now non town member occur. Who at that point in the day the only thing going for his lynch was purely weird behavior. If somebody was truly town and they had a counter claim to someone else you think that they would bring that up early right? Especially if the entire point of the role is to die in the place of another player? But staying silent doesn't seem like something that would make sense especially if the person you are ccing would theoretically have a higher chance of being mafia. This in addition to her ridiculous push for a day 0 mass claim only makes me think that she was looking for people whose claims cast doubt on them and would in turn cc them to push a lynch when people are already doubting them.

Notty for the most part has been read as a town player with minor mistrust whereas some players have been mistrusting me for the entire game because of my claim. Wouldn't it make sense as a mafia member to immediately cc me?

And yes I know that some of the mistrust on me comes from how I didn't explain my gimmick and so here it is.

I am able to block coin reductions of players by substituting my own coins in place, resulting in my death if they take enough coins. However if say an action was to take 200 coins and if I only had 100 those other 100 coins would still be taken from the originally targeted player which is why I claimed a pseudo bodyguard. I am able to be a guard for somebody to an extent.

The above does not apply for situations in which the coin total is immediately reverted to zero. That still all goes to me, but any action that could have the possibility of overflow coins would still go to the originally targeted player.

Now for my piece on poke,

There entire mannerisms have felt off to me all game. The outright trust of notme, which to be fair he was town, even if he just felt weird to most of us was strange. This in addition to his vote to lynch Inffy, our uncc'd cop need I remind you struck me as very bizarre. So from what I am seeing poke is soft claiming a cop role in direct counter to inffy. However, I am more inclined to trust Inffy at this point because poke's posts just don't feel town to me.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score

Also if I was mafia why on earth would I link myself to mulb, a now known mafia member by using a similar excuse? Any link no matter how small is a link nontheless and it could only spell trouble.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm not assuming it, it's just an excuse I find difficult to buy. I don't get why you couldn't have just said 'I'm bodyguard but if an attack is made onto someone that exceeds my own coin amount it then carries on taking my target's coins'. You made a post much larger than that just telling us you couldn't make a post. I guess maybe you couldn't find a way to be concise about it and wanted to be around to answer questions, fair enough, I just thought it was a red flag

ANYWAYS...

I don't know what this whole business is about notty claiming guard. Notty claimed watcher day zero. So lets make some assumptions then based off of her claiming guard. Her claiming guard is a CC to me but if we look at how with day zero's lynch resulting in notme dying she did nothing to prevent that. With her claiming guard then in her eyes I would be 100% mafia and I would be lying about my claim would I not? So instead of saying anything about this she instead continues to stay silent and let a lynch on a now non town member occur. Who at that point in the day the only thing going for his lynch was purely weird behavior. If somebody was truly town and they had a counter claim to someone else you think that they would bring that up early right? Especially if the entire point of the role is to die in the place of another player? But staying silent doesn't seem like something that would make sense especially if the person you are ccing would theoretically have a higher chance of being mafia. This in addition to her ridiculous push for a day 0 mass claim only makes me think that she was looking for people whose claims cast doubt on them and would in turn cc them to push a lynch when people are already doubting them.
It's not exactly a CC and you're not 100% mafia to her since there could be two of you for all we know. Which begs the question, if you think you're 100% mafia to her, then surely you must think she's 100% mafia to you, so why aren't you voting for her?

Notty for the most part has been read as a town player with minor mistrust whereas some players have been mistrusting me for the entire game because of my claim. Wouldn't it make sense as a mafia member to immediately cc me?
Not really since it'd be suicide but then again I could see notty doing that to you just to get one more lynch in, but omni's confirmed that Notty has guard so it's kinda 2v1 here and I town read the 2 more than I townread you. But again it's possible you both exist but I don't really find the way you're going about this very townie, it's making a case about notty being mafia without any vote on her or any feeling of 'Aha the setup's fog has cleared up somewhat and I've found a mafia!' imo and it's pretty scummy to me

Now for my piece on poke,

There entire mannerisms have felt off to me all game. The outright trust of notme, which to be fair he was town, even if he just felt weird to most of us was strange. This in addition to his vote to lynch Inffy, our uncc'd cop need I remind you struck me as very bizarre. So from what I am seeing poke is soft claiming a cop role in direct counter to inffy. However, I am more inclined to trust Inffy at this point because poke's posts just don't feel town to me.
Mine and poke's roles could both coexist and I'm starting to believe that's the truth but waiting on poke's report

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
It's not exactly a CC and you're not 100% mafia to her since there could be two of you for all we know. Which begs the question, if you think you're 100% mafia to her, then surely you must think she's 100% mafia to you, so why aren't you voting for her?
no because as you mentioned with poke, I think both may exist. A true body guard and a pseudo one.

Also where did Omni confirm her because I genuinely missed that post

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
still though in that post you spend a big paragraph making arguments about her being scum, saying she wouldn't behave in the way she would as town

so now saying you think she might be town seems like backpedalling
(since I got the impression you were pretty confident in it but now you're saying you're not voting her since you think both roles could exist as if you're not certain but that doesn't really match with the post where you spend quite a lot of words accusing her)

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
still though in that post you spend a big paragraph making arguments about her being scum, saying she wouldn't behave in the way she would as town

so now saying you think she might be town seems like backpedalling
I'm saying it would make sense for that to be a scum behavior. However I do expect that her role might exist in addition to mine, something that I failed to mention in that post. I didn't want to vote her because I'm not convinced that she is mafia I'm just trying to bring to light that you might not want to trust the claim 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.