The Economy of Madness - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
Do you learn the names of the abilities your targets have? Like, if you were to investigate yourself, what result would you receive? How much does your ability cost to use and how many coins do you have?
just effect on EPS. my coin # (was) evenly divisble by my ability cost, and i have 3 uses total now
Poke vs inffy
probably not. i mean i think their role is fakey but theyre not getting lynched today, especially since dess does look like a very good target

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Firstly i'll answer inffy here in that I strongly believe my role exists. thus, it's not useless and my investigations mean something. this is really the main reason i was pretty sure of my claim that one direction is townie and one is mafia.
don't you think it's possible your role is just to verify which roles have the abilities to move the scale to verify/catch out power claims though? your role seems who can move the scale like oog right?

also the reason raxo's role sounded townie to me.
why were you so sure raxo's claim was the truth though? what made you believe it in particular?

also since i think higher on the scale is generally better for mafia i dont really like inffy trying to get everyone to move it that way. [one additional point is that it being lower on the scale gets me one extra action use which adds to thinking that that direction is better for town]
I can only investigate people when the scale is high, which is why my view of the game was that it isn't as black and white as 'one side of the scale is only good for mafia, one only good for town' and why I thought raxo's role even if it was real could've been mafia sided since the mafia do have a benefit to lowering the scale (stopping the cop from investigating) and maybe more than that

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
(there was an unblockable trait iirc which would agree with mis)
eh I still don't find it likely even with an unstoppable (that's what you meant right) trait since presumably that unstoppable, if it's a kill, would be limited since otherwise there's little point in having so many protection stuff going on imo even if there's a second killing faction somewhere, which means the mafia kills are probably not unstoppable the majority of the time, and having raxo, someone else who I forgot (UNU?), myself, being able to self protect as well as two bodyguards + a jailer just seems a bit too unfair on mafia getting the kills they want but hey who knows I guess

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
don't you think it's possible your role is just to verify which roles have the abilities to move the scale to verify/catch out power claims though? your role seems who can move the scale like oog right?
doesn't everyone move the scale so like oog but also like basically everyone else. again with the two suppressors out i don't think so. it was somewhat more possible yesterday but the air my role gives me, it has a very cop-like name and very few uses, doesn't give me that impression. Granted it's much less useful than an actual cop so that's the main place overlap looks possible.
why were you so sure raxo's claim was the truth though?
it sounded true? it seemed real? that's all i really got. notty pointed out that it could be a scum role that did something along the lines of the opposite of what they claimed (you asked about this sometime yesterday) which felt to me somewhat pointed to kill off my argument but was a good point nonetheless and i had no argument against it.

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
no I'm not talking about that part, I can give myself coins
ah so you basically do stop yourself from dying as well? why wouldnt you use it instead of asking for tp then
I understood what you meant. Do you still need to pay for both uses of the action?
(And please remind me of what makes you able to do it twice, is it being in the lower half of the scale?)
*an extra use of the action, on another night (im squeamish to give exact details but ex: i have 102 coins and it takes 34 coins to use. I cannot use it 3 times under those circumstances, but if the scale is lower and the cost is less i can use it 3 times)

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
ah so you basically do stop yourself from dying as well? why wouldnt you use it instead of asking for tp then

*an extra use of the action, on another night (im squeamish to give exact details but ex: i have 102 coins and it takes 34 coins to use. I cannot use it 3 times under those circumstances, but if the scale is lower and the cost is less i can use it 3 times)
?
Is it an X-Shot action?
Or does it reimburse you the cost?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
doesn't everyone move the scale so like oog but also like basically everyone else. again with the two suppressors out i don't think so. it was somewhat more possible yesterday but the air my role gives me, it has a very cop-like name and very few uses, doesn't give me that impression. Granted it's much less useful than an actual cop so that's the main place overlap looks possible.
Okay I'm a bit confused about your role - do you get told how people's actions effect the scale then, not just get told if people have an action specifically designed to only move the scale in a certain direction (e.g. oog, raxo) and what direction that would be in? And if so how would that work with my role where one of my powers moves the scale up and the other moves it down, what result would you expect to see?

• Agree
Reactions: PokeSvorlds

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
Okay I'm a bit confused about your role - do you get told how people's actions effect the scale then, not just get told if people have an action specifically designed to only move the scale in a certain direction (e.g. oog, raxo) and what direction that would be in? And if so how would that work with my role where one of my powers moves the scale up and the other moves it down, what result would you expect to see?
oog and raxo's roles weren't designed to move the scale, it was a byproduct of their action. the fact you didnt glean this from your own action is very confusing. I would see whichever action you used, if you have multitaker and used them both i would see them added together, i expect

Status
Not open for further replies.