Survival SMP: Final Progress Update

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
[BCOLOR=transparent]Hello everyone![/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]SMP has been a very long project with several dozens of people working very hard on it. From the get-go, Danni and I agreed that we would never release this server if we didn’t feel it was ready. We were able to confidently declare the release date as 30 November as we were going at a good pace and felt good about it. Sadly everything doesn’t always go as planned and we’ve had several complications arise including terrible illnesses, exams and ridiculous workloads for the team.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Therefore we are announcing a small delay to the SMP release, we are committed to providing a working, content-rich and fun server for the whole community to play on. SMP is in its final stages and we just want another few weeks to make sure it's polished and ready to go for everyone that wants to play. One thing that is guaranteed is that the server will be released before Christmas, which will mark the 2nd anniversary of the Legacies of Primordia server. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Another thing I would like to mention is that the staff team has realised a critical fault with all the previous servers. Very often all the content developed for the server is available from the first day and then little to nothing is added afterwards, leading to a stagnant server that dies after a few weeks. To prevent this we have already planned out several updates to be released at a later date. Another prevalent issue is that lack of bug fixing that happens, to prevent this we have quite an amount of developers on board and a sizable amount of plugins we are using are custom made. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I understand that this decision will be met with valid criticism as this server has already spent an incredibly long time in development but please understand the reasoning behind this delay.[/BCOLOR]

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
edit: (sorry for typos)

I remember a couple of years back I was complaining to someone to finish SMP, I think it was Kami or LoP or something of the sort. Eventually, the server released and it of course died a painful death within a month or so. I regret underestimating how much friggin work goes into releasing a good server.

Now that I'm on the team for this one, there's so much I didn't know, so much to still learn about managing and building. There's just so much beauty being created everyday this time around. Apart from all the usual things we always add like a bit of lore, and temples and stuff, this time it's way more RPG style. I don't know how much I'm allowed to mention, but let's just say there's whole friggin cities to explore, some even semi-populated with npcs and quests etc. We're really trying to depart from the more 'vanilla' smp experience, to a richer story driven, and updated kind of gameplay.

I feel like over the years we have remained just a little 'too classic' and times have changed, it's no longer 2010 and heavily vanilla games are just not in anymore. At the same time, this comunity has never been about Keeping up with the Kartrashians, and more about Family Matters. So in a sense, we're trying to balance introducing newer and fresher ideas to make our community bigger, but also pleasing the beautiful little minds and faces that we're so used to working with throughout the past decade.

I think everyone's gonna be a little impressed this time around, is all I can say. I'm already in love with what we've accomplished :)