Not open for further replies.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Give up on what

cuz I'm pretty sure no one's trying to be 'blocktopia' again anymore and we're just trying to have some fun together and making new stuff for each other to do and I don't think anyone should give up doing that!
Who said anything about Blocktopia?

D

Deleted member 4601

Haha, nice to know that you still care, even if it's just a tiny bit <3

• Winner
Reactions: Notme

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Remember when friendy was fighting the bullies of escr who were calling each other gay?

Now he's telling people to give up. Huh.
Bit depressing coming into a community forum to see one new post a week isn’t it? I was there through every community change since TheOne’s and you can see it with everyone resigning/leaving, people didn’t listen and took the community in the wrong direction, what’s wrong on giving up and focusing on reviving the community in a new form, fresh and away from the Blocktopia/ER nametag?

• Agree
Reactions: Mastersten

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Bit depressing coming into a community forum to see one new post a week isn’t it? I was there through every community change since TheOne’s and you can see it with everyone resigning/leaving, people didn’t listen and took the community in the wrong direction, what’s wrong on giving up and focusing on reviving the community in a new form, fresh and away from the Blocktopia/ER nametag?
Go do that then

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
It's probably just a matter of when the new SMP releases, and if it's good enough, we might retain more of the old and new players that suddenly hop on. I mean, just look at how many people showed up for about a day or two at the last SMP; it's what everyone's holding out for.
And like every SMP it’ll only retain players for the first few weeks and then it’ll die off again, the demographic for Minecraft has changed, everyone that used to play here are/have grown up and have busy lives.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
And like every SMP it’ll only retain players for the first few weeks and then it’ll die off again, the demographic for Minecraft has changed, everyone that used to play here are/have grown up and have busy lives.
I'm sorry you've given up already, but a lot of us haven't yet, and we aren't likely to let your pessimism change our minds. Yes, we have busy lives (I'm still trying to balance a making Realms minigame and a UE4 game with everything else ii my life), but many of us wouldn't be here if we couldn't find time to come together with others for something we enjoy.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone really care about reviving the community in some radical direction? By now, if we're not doing stuff like Minecraft, we're not really the same community at all. People did listen when there were calls to take the community in a "different direction", just people didn't care. People care about each other here, which is why despite the decline in Minecraft, people are still here on the forums and on Discord.

Alternatively, people just like mugging off Friendy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(wow this drama sparking must be post-admin syndrome kicking in)

Reactions: Notme

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
Such a ridiculous thing to post IMO, there really wasn't any reason for it at all.

Like SirC said, this community at its point isn't the best and greatest - but the people who are here still enjoy our community. Listened to what exactly? We listened to our members, we listened to the past admins who set the direction that ER was in - the staff team does listen an awful lot, to our community, the past staff members, and more.

Anyways, this thread is pretty much a "Hey lets try and start drama in ER" thread. There's no reason for it, its not actually a suggestion (you could've suggested how to "give up" I suppose), and by the replies I can tell there really won't be anything good to come out of it (thought some of the responses are well written, don't get me wrong).

If you have any real suggestions, feel free to post another thread in this forum.

(PS nice try wim, ur not CA)

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.