Not open for further replies.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
—— Voting Recap ——
Deadline: Tuesday September 18th, 10:00PM UTC
Spreadsheet

Infected_Alien8_ - 3 (Aqua, hipmeow, Nottykitten) (Sacrifice in 8)
Omni - 1 (Infected_Alien8_) (Sacrifice in 10)

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Well, it has finally begun: The Debates!

So, to start off, I just want to note that I'm so happy I ended up making you think about this, on Day Zero of all days. xD

... But, alas, you are merely overthinking the little things. x)

Regarding my post about Speech Compulsion and Loud traits, I was actually pointing out that these two traits are ones worth mentioning on Day Zero, as they are the first traits you can notice between Day Zero and Day One, as Speech Compulsion is based around day chatting, and Loud is always displayed as someone making noise during the night, displaying actions in play without showing roles or powers, only names. I wanted to give warnings regarding each of these traits before either were to possibly come into play, allowing us to watch either of these traits.

As for my post around saying hello, that was actually just a fun little thing I did because there's litterally nothing else to do on Day Zero. xD

The only important bits of my conversation has been the one(s) around me talking about the traits, really... And that's not even too important, really, as it gets us no where; Unless you regard a collective agreement or debate amongst who could be who on Day Zero as important.
Just curious can you make a post naming these two traits + 3 more without bolding any of them?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

So, to start off, I just want to note that I'm so happy I ended up making you think about this, on Day Zero of all days. xD

Regarding my post about Speech Compulsion and Loud traits, I was actually pointing out that these two traits are ones worth mentioning on Day Zero, as they are the first traits you can notice between Day Zero and Day One, as Speech Compulsion is based around day chatting, and Loud is always displayed as someone making noise during the night, displaying actions in play without showing roles or powers, only names. I wanted to give warnings regarding each of these traits before either were to possibly come into play, allowing us to watch either of these traits.

As for my post around saying hello, that was actually just a fun little thing I did because there's litterally nothing else to do on Day Zero. xD

The only important bits of my conversation has been the one(s) around me talking about the traits, really... And that's not even too important, really, as it gets us no where; Unless you regard a collective agreement or debate amongst who could be who on Day Zero as important.
well why did you think it was a good idea to give us warnings regarding them? why is us knowing about them day 0 important, why should we watch out for them?

that's the line of reasoning that seems to be missing for me, which is why I'm having a hard time buying that it was genuinely something you thought of that felt important enough to motivate you to post. instead, it seems like the motivation came from wanting to post something, anything, and because of that you ended up posting things that on the surface level might appear useful but deep down it isn't, because they didn't come from a genuine interest

I'm not sure I'm making this very clear so just in case, here's a more detailed explanation for what I'm trying to say

like, if there's two possible routes your mind could take when making those posts, route 1 would be:

*something naturally piques your interest and motivates you to talk about it --> post about it*

and route 2 would be:

*you want to say something so you search for something that might be useful to the others outside of your faction --> you find something and post it*

with route 1 I'd expect the thing you talk about to truly be something useful because in general (though granted not all the time) people don't tend to naturally find things interesting when they're not, but with route 2 I can easily see why you'd make the mistake of thinking it was useful when it wasn't, because you didn't need it to be genuinely interesting to think of it, you thought of it manually, so if you failed to thoroughly check that it was useful or not, it could result in the posts you made

and I think it's more likely that route 2 comes from the law faction because as cult surely you wouldn't be in the mindset of 'I need to say something productive aaa' because I think it'd be more likely you'd be in the mindset of 'if something comes up I'll point it out, I'm not too worried about looking productive since I'm genuinely cult so hopefully my cult-ness will shine through, and I don't need to force reads out because I can wait for them to come naturally and those natural ones will be the ones that are more likely to be helpful because they're things I truly believe are relevant, so forcing things is pointless'

but with being law-sided, I can totally see why you'd be panicking about looking productive, or being productive, because you know that you're hiding your true intentions so you're self conscious of not letting that show so to compensate for that you desperately want to look like you're helpful

and since I think it's more likely your posts come from route 2 than route 1, and I think it's more likely route 2 comes from law then cult, I'm suspicious of you

hopefully that makes sense to everyone?

also as a side-note, the "... But, alas, you are merely overthinking the little things. x)" pings my radar a bit somehow

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
well why did you think it was a good idea to give us warnings regarding them? why is us knowing about them day 0 important, why should we watch out for them?

that's the line of reasoning that seems to be missing for me, which is why I'm having a hard time buying that it was genuinely something you thought of that felt important enough to motivate you to post. instead, it seems like the motivation came from wanting to post something, anything, and because of that you ended up posting things that on the surface level might appear useful but deep down it isn't, because they didn't come from a genuine interest

I'm not sure I'm making this very clear so just in case, here's a more detailed explanation for what I'm trying to say

like, if there's two possible routes your mind could take when making those posts, route 1 would be:

*something naturally piques your interest and motivates you to talk about it --> post about it*

and route 2 would be:

*you want to say something so you search for something that might be useful to the others outside of your faction --> you find something and post it*

with route 1 I'd expect the thing you talk about to truly be something useful because in general (though granted not all the time) people don't tend to naturally find things interesting when they're not, but with route 2 I can easily see why you'd make the mistake of thinking it was useful when it wasn't, because you didn't need it to be genuinely interesting to think of it, you thought of it manually, so if you failed to thoroughly check that it was useful or not, it could result in the posts you made

and I think it's more likely that route 2 comes from the law faction because as cult surely you wouldn't be in the mindset of 'I need to say something productive aaa' because I think it'd be more likely you'd be in the mindset of 'if something comes up I'll point it out, I'm not too worried about looking productive since I'm genuinely cult so hopefully my cult-ness will shine through, and I don't need to force reads out because I can wait for them to come naturally and those natural ones will be the ones that are more likely to be helpful because they're things I truly believe are relevant, so forcing things is pointless'

but with being law-sided, I can totally see why you'd be panicking about looking productive, or being productive, because you know that you're hiding your true intentions so you're self conscious of not letting that show so to compensate for that you desperately want to look like you're helpful

and since I think it's more likely your posts come from route 2 than route 1, and I think it's more likely route 2 comes from law then cult, I'm suspicious of you

also as a side-note, the "... But, alas, you are merely overthinking the little things. x)" pings my radar a bit somehow
actually I should have made route 2 "*you want to say something so you search for something that might be useful to the others outside of your faction --> you find something and post it*" since the crossed out bit already paints it as a scummy line of thought even though that doesn't make sense to do there, but my reasons for why this route of thinking, even without the crossed out bit, being suspicious still stands

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
what has mafia universe done to inf
why is he making long posts and not multiple shortish ones

but i agree with testing any speech compulsion even though i still dont know why that is exactly necessary? also if duffie is speech compelled does her refusing to post without mentioning and/or bolding traits count as acknowledging a speech compulsion and so auto failing whereas the other option is to post without abiding to speech compulsion is also an autofail what a conundrum

but i guess if you are speech compelled and warn people to be wary of people being speech compelled then that does seem DECEITFUL and testing worthy

also i don't really understand what the negative consequence of not abiding to speech compulsion could be other than a modkill and vice versa the positive consequence being don't get modkilled

but imo i think the bolding is just to format posts nicer but mentioning traits could be a thing but then like what else is there to discuss

• Agree
Reactions: Duffie and Dess

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
what has mafia universe done to inf
why is he making long posts and not multiple shortish ones
tbh I was talking to our lovely host Alisha pre-game about how I'm worried I'll spam the thread too much for people to keep up and she said that she welcomes my kind of activity level but that the one piece of advice she'd give is to maybe spend more time organising posts if I'm concerned about it (presumably so that I don't spam as much) so that's what I'm doing!!

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
tbh I was talking to our lovely host Alisha pre-game about how I'm worried I'll spam the thread too much for people to keep up and she said that she welcomes my kind of activity level but that the one piece of advice she'd give is to maybe spend more time organising posts if I'm concerned about it (presumably so that I don't spam as much) so that's what I'm doing!!
nice excuses you're making long posts since you're mafia scum!!!

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score

and route 2 would be:

I see where you come from, and remember going the route 2 way the *only* time (because I obviously isn't now) I have been mafia. However, I think we also should be aware of that this could just be hype for the game, as she hasn't played for a while? I also went back and checked some of the earlier games, and it might be noteworthy that all her intro posts (that I checked) were considerable shorter and more 'relaxed', but she had different alignments.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Not to mention the possibility of someone with a Speech Compulsion, which may be harmless enough, but could very well be the cause of our downfall in this cult of ours. We should keep our ears open for any weird phrasing or wording as we progress through today.
From what I see from this is that we're just as likely to expose a town member trying to improve their ability or gain one (pure guesses of some "positive consequences"), as to expose a mafia member or third party attempting to do the same.

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I see where you come from, and remember going the route 2 way the *only* time (because I obviously isn't now) I have been mafia. However, I think we also should be aware of that this could just be hype for the game, as she hasn't played for a while? I also went back and checked some of the earlier games, and it might be noteworthy that all her intro posts (that I checked) were considerable shorter and more 'relaxed', but she had different alignments.
it could be that I guess, but right now my intuition/gut/whatever it's called tells me there's more to it than that

thanks for checking on her old games though, that's interesting, not sure what to make of it though

Status
Not open for further replies.