important finger question

how many fingers do you use while typing? (on a standard laptop/desktop keyboard, not a phone)

• Total voters

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
wat

you use your left thumb to press shift???

that seems so weird

Like you move your entire hand over just to use your thumb when you can use 4 other fingers that are closer

What are you???
the palm off my left hand hovers over the ctrl/shift, so I just slide my thumb underneath my hand toward the shift and I press it.

• Creative
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
let me enlighten you all on this matter (yes i'm very late to the party)

So I think I type quite fast (I've been told I do aswell), but there are probably a lot who type faster than I do. Over time I have sort of started to type semi-blind, I blame the internet and school reports for that.

Now, I had never really thought of which finger I use to type so I decided to check it out. On my left hand I use all my finger, besides my pinky (very rarely). The thumb mostly for pressing shift to type them caps. Now on my right hand I figured out I only use my index (on my left hand the index is most used also). I also press spacebar with my right index finger for some reason (occasionally my left thumb, but not when I'm trying to type fast).

I hope you all feel enlightened (and probably kinda sad that this thread did not die, but I had not clicked on this for forever so sucks to be you)