Community Not all hope is lost

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Hello ladies and gentlemen of the community.

As we all know the overhaul was never a huge success. In the past few years we've done worse than ever. For a long time now I've had the dream of returning to our former glory.

So first of all I want to talk about my time as staff member recently. For a short while I was leading the deception project, HOWEVER, quickly it became apparent how demotivated the staff team was. Sadly nobody really feels like doing any work anymore. Nothing that we wanted was going according to the plan and all projects were failing. In one of the important meetings we had as admins we came to the conclusion that it might be best to shut down EscapeRestart soon.

In the end I resigned because I was so heartbroken that it was likely going to be the end of the community. Lately there was hope with the temporary SMP being such an enormous success and it looked like ER was making a great comeback. Then the worst thing imaginable happened. The best and most important staff member RESIGNED, DANNI. Without Danni it's clear that we cannot go on as a community and we're likely to fail within the coming week.

But fear not members, I have always been ready for this. Together with Freaky and Later_Gator (aka Joxey) we will make sure the legacy of this community will continue. With permission of the admins OF COURSE we are going to bring back Blocktopia as something to follow up on ER's demise. Right now we don't have a lot but with your help we can make our community great again. In the coming weeks we will sort out everything in our discord and get rolling. Here's the link: https://discord.gg/AFfqRJ8

Our plan is to have a great discord community and set up some fun server that can be played on with friends and strangers alike. There is not a lot so we hope you can be patient and help us out whenever we need.

We hope to see you around in Blocktopia!

With kind regards,
The Blocktopia staff team.

Last edited:

Catcocomics

Reaction score
too early
It's never too early.
However, if you're even a frame too late, one teeny tiny little fraction of not even a millionth of a second too late,

Though, if you think I'm talking about new discord community server thing, don't be ridiculous; I don't have a tardis. I was completely referring to these stellar forum graphics and vibrant colors.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I am the nuke though
you are when you're late, and then there's nothing left in the world to enjoy. How sad.

Also, sorry that I was too slow in putting the second half of the post.

That's not actually me btw, he's just some alternate version of me from another dimension Sega threw in for a couple of games. Pitty he doesn't get more active roles in the more modern games.
Ok, you caught me. I'm actually talking about myself here when I go on about the whole active roles thing. Honestly, people wondered why I didn't stick around for Forces? I'll tell you why; look what they had me do in Generations!

Scrable

Reaction score
you are when you're late, and then there's nothing left in the world to enjoy. How sad.

Also, sorry that I was too slow in putting the second half of the post.

That's not actually me btw, he's just some alternate version of me from another dimension Sega threw in for a couple of games. Pitty he doesn't get more active roles in the more modern games.
Ok, you caught me. I'm actually talking about myself here when I go on about the whole active roles thing. Honestly, people wondered why I didn't stick around for Forces? I'll tell you why; look what they had me do in Generations!
u heck doing this while knowing that my memes are out of range

Catcocomics

Reaction score
u heck doing this while knowing that my memes are out of range
Alternatively, I could have burned you alive for ninja-posting my edit.
After all, I am:

I mean, I know it's a summary, but couldn't they have at least mentioned my fire?
And honestly, why do they acknowledge my character development here, but then basically retcon it in every cutscene I'm in for this game?!

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for all the hard work you're all putting into this community. Seriously, we all know how much time life takes over, yet you all still find a way to keep moving this forward. So thank you.
LOOK ITS A FORUM MOD, THEY ARE SEEN EXTREMELY RARELY, NEVER CAUGHT ON TAPE BEFORE!

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
LOOK ITS A FORUM MOD, THEY ARE SEEN EXTREMELY RARELY, NEVER CAUGHT ON TAPE BEFORE!
There was GoldenValley haunting my staff roster for 6 - 9 months.
Finally one of admins - Hex - confirmed that he left community.
There is only one forum mod - Ansoro, but hes essentially like Mafia host but for Survivor.