Prizyms' 2018 Mafia Game (Players' Choice)

Game type

• Total voters

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hi all,

It's been over two years since Russian Mafia, and almost four since Trouble in the West: Pirates vs Cowboys—how time flies! As promised, I'm going to host another game this year. I've been hosting Mafia for over half a decade now, and I feel I have a very good grasp on what makes games engrossing and memorable—however, my games would be nothing without the players. It is your enthusiasm as players which makes these games so rewarding for both other players to take part in, and indeed for me to host.

So, I've decided to let you, the players, choose how I run this year's game. You can vote for one of the following three options:
  1. A purely psychological open setup. This would be most similar to the Mafia Lite series I hosted before taking on large-scale games, but instead of adapting a competitive EpicMafia setup for forum play, I would create my own setup for around twenty players. All roles in this setup would be standard EpicMafia roles or appropriate invented roles, and the aim would be to provide a vanilla Mafia experience to those veteran players tired of the current 'meta' of large-scale closed setup games.

2. A heavily themed closed setup. This would be most similar to my previous two games, Trouble in the West: Pirates vs Cowboys and Russian Mafia. I can already hear it:
    "But Prizyms, weren't you complaining about closed-setup themed games earlier?"
    I believe I have a very good reputation when it comes to creating fair closed setups, notably without forcing players to rely on information gathered through inherently un-fun gameplay mechanics (or sheer confusion) in order to get through each day. If the majority of you would like another traditional large-scale closed setup, you can expect the same level of creativity and quality seen in my previous two games, with an appropriate theme to boot.

3. An experimental setup with unique mechanics. This would be a nontraditional game, with some pretty unique gameplay mechanics I've been toying with. I obviously won't go into too much detail about this, since it would ruin some of the surprises I've planned; however, if you vote for this setup, I will explain further about how this game will differ from the norm. This option would likely be hosted later than options 1 and 2 due to the increased amount of work required to configure the setup, and I would likely take on a co-host.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask below. I hope to come to a decision soon, so get voting!

Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
All of them sound fun, it's kinda a tough vote, wow

I decided to vote for 3, just because personally I prefer non-vanilla games since they're more fun to try to figure out what the heck is going on with the new mechanics and stuff, and although I loved your Russian Mafia game and would love another closed setup from you, the experimental one is is like a big red button that is CALLING TO ME to be pressed, and who knows maybe it will have some really innovative ideas and pave the way for the future!! And it just sounds like the most fun to me and since it's you I'm assuming it'll be balanced and it'd be cool to try something new

Plus you said we'd get more of an explanation of how it differs from the norm if we voted for the third option so it's not like it's a huge blind risk to vote it now so that's exactly what I'm gonna do

Reactions: Prizyms

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I voted for option two, since the last couple of games have been unique enough in my opinion, with introducing weird/new game mechanics.

I would be up for experiemental later, but now it would just be good with a "normal", solid, stable mafia game.

Reactions: Prizyms