CAPITALISM MAFIA

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
It could be beneficial for other people though.
Well tbh I'd rather people read it for themselves anyway, I just offered to paige since I know she's gonna be busy soon, but I might do a summary once I'm home
I can still see your opinion/thoughts on it if you summarized too
Well you'll see those when you read through right

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm reading through and have absolutely no idea what's going on honestly
I can certainly agree to that feeling, at least on day one, just so many long posts and so much shit going on. I found it a bit easier to follow day 2 though, and if you skip Erik's super long posts its pretty ok understandble

• Thank You
Reactions: webpaige

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also I feel like she said "I'm gonna read it anyway" so that she could make sure that I wouldn't feed her false info and had already decided that it was too confusing/long to just read, which is a townie thing to do. But that's just one interpretation (and that's why I said "interesting")

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
OKAY SO THIS IS GOING TO BE A BIT ALL OVER THE PLACE

So from Web and inffy, most of your questions are either just missunderstandings, or you giving me a hard time for some reason.

First off two statements:
We want mafia ded
We want SK ded

If either of these are wrong please do tell

She's saying that you made the point that the Mafia must be web or TWG since the Mafia killed unu, and he was suspicious of them. You didn't consider that unu was killed by SK and she's thinking that maybe that's because you're sk and so know you didn't kill unu so only said Mafia because of that.
(Thanks a lot for clarifying Inffy, I had no idea what she was on about)
Well, the point was just gathering information of who they were supicous, in case the mafia and SK might use this to decide who they want to kill.
I did not make a point out of differentiating mafia or SK, since I did not see the point. We would have no idea who killed either anyway.
I dont see why that would be so weird, webpaige and how you somehow can make a big thing about it, why on earth would I mean it otherwise?
Oh so are you saying that you think the Mafia thought comp might have been some kind of cop role who saw vat/jolt as Mafia, and that's why he died?
uh, not really no, I just meant that didnt jolt quit the game, and vatu is now previously jolt or something?
Well, if he was garunteed to be telling the truth about his country then sure it might mean something. But I think he probably lied about it. As Iggish pointed out, his reason for waiting to claim Canadian don't really make sense. It's possible he just didn't think about it that way as townie but I'm inclined to believe he's Mafia, waited to see the patterns of what people were claiming, then claimed Canaidan because 1) nobody would CC him 2) He could be Justin and have people like Hk, vat and erik think that he must be inno because of it and 3) standing in his own country would draw attention to himself, which he could use as a reason for why he's not Mafia- because he drew attention to himself

Maybe my read on rune is COMPLETELY wrong in which case, I'm really sorry rune, but yeah I don't trust that he's Canadian.
Alrighty.
Well I think you're town so yeah it is.
Yey.
You didn't give any reason why mafia would want comp dead in this post, you didn't give a reason why an SK would want either dead in this post. It doesn't mean you're an SK that killed comp, but I wanted to point out a potential slip in case more information comes out later.

And while we want both SK and mafia dead, they'll probably play differently- as far as I know, the SK and mafia probably don't know each other, and are less likely to defend each other than mafia would defend their teammates.
Answered above the first paragraph.
I was just finding info on who might be either SK or mafia, I did not try to analyze their gameplay or anything like that, just thought it might be useful. I honestly feel like responding to this is a complete waste of time, In one of the quotes you are using I am saying both SK and mafia, in the other im just saying mafia, I painted them as one because its less to type, and we dont have info who would have killed who anyway, so why make a difference of them there?
What does fault have to do anything? It wouldn't be your fault if you were assigned as an obvious serial killer either. I just can't think of a claim that would hurt town, whereas it'd make more sense for anti-town roles to try to avoid claiming.
You have played more than enough mafia to know that not all town roles should claim.
I'm not framing you, I'm just trying to add up facts, reasonable conclusions, and guesses. But since there's enough uncertainty in my reasoning, I'm not 100% certain you're "Ted Cruz the Zodiac Killer", I just think that you are, and I want to make my suspicions clear.
You are making accusations from on no real grounds, I didnt type "Sk and maf" because it doesnt matter for that post.
Why not? What have I been unclear about?
I dont get how you can come to such a drastic conclusion from literally nothing.
Again, I'm not saying you're the SK. I just found that your post conveniently left out information that, in addition to everything else, could mark you as a potential suspect.
I'm not trying to frame you, it's just a suspicion I've had for a while.
"conviently left out information" that you could say I forgot to add, information that again was not relevant for that post, im repeating myself here.
I assume everyone in the game is aware that we got a SK in the game, as that is our main assumption. I do under no circumstances think that simply not typing the word SK when summing up first night killings would make people forget about the role.
You could be claiming to distance yourself from what I've posted, but I do find you a bit less suspicious now.
Its merely the truth.

I did not proof read this, too long, sorry if its weird

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
I have been thinking about the convo going on between mostly Iggish and Rune, but which Inffy playes a part in as well. I have tried to get through the last few pages and and a few things certainly stood out to me. I wanna try to keep this post a little bit organised, since I have experienced myself this game the struggle that comes with reading long posts, and I fear this will be such a post.

NOTE: THIS POST IS ABOUT ALL 3

1. The general deal in the Iggy vs Rune convo.
So i found this quote wich summarizes quite well what Iggy has been doing mostly.

Ok, I'm going to try and make people understand why I think Rune is scummy. People have pretty "meh" opinions on Rune, saying that he "a bit suspicious" and that he's "said suspicious" things. Tbh, I just don't think people understood / understand what happened and why I'm so suspicious of him. Inffy said a while back that you're not as invested in something and you find it hard to understand when you're not involved in it and I think this is particularly true in this instance.
Iggish seems to be focussed on showing every wrong doing that Rune has done 'in his eyes' (i dont say I disagree with Iggish, he makes fair points).
While he is in the right to question Rune and what he does, in my eyes he is taking it too the extreme. The last few pages consist of quite a bit of huge and 'obnoxious' posts (its a pain to get through massive walls of texts where you quote whole posts instead of the points that matter), where he puts everything rune does up for inspection.

2. The example of Rune's claims #1.
Rune's claims are a great example for both why i find iggish kinda tricky, and of some of the questionable things rune has said.

For starters rune said this when he claimed early on:
I'll stick with my word and claim as
In my eyes this quote made sense, he promised that he would claim this day, and that is what he meant. However, iggish, as part of his questoning all Rune's doings, commented the following:

I was only referring to the sentence I quoted, not your claim. "I'll stick to my word" seems odd. This should be a given if you're telling the truth.
Here he, as I see it, wrongly interprets Rune's post, and uses it in one of his posts to make rune look suspicious. I HAVE TO BE CAREFULL WITH THIS KINDA PHRASING, SINCE I HAVE BEEN CALLED OUT BEFORE, I DONT MEAN YOU DELIBERATELY USE FALSE INFO. By going out of you way to analyse everything Rune says, 'mistakes' like this tend to slip in. It makes me think you might be out to convince Rune is scum no matter what he says.

3. The example of Rune's claims #2.
HOWEVER, sometimes you are right, this next time rune mentions his claim, he says somethig tricky
My claim is sticking as Justin Trudeau as a vanilla townie
Iggish was right to point out, that this as such is a very strange thing to say. Why would he not stick to his claim? Also i dont think iggish is wrong to distrust Rune, I too don't fully trust rune.

4. Rune appears to change faces.
I remember reading the following quote by Rune:
Agreed, for me Inffy read as strongly town, not as Autocrat. I would have thought an autocrat would be more quiet and more out of the way than what Inf is currently acting.

If anything, it would make sense to try to have Mafia switch to have Inffy lynched as he is the most vocal and having the excuse as Inf = autocrat could have had the potential of swaying towns mind in lynching Inf in Mafias head.

Currently, the three who were vocal about this theory of Inf being Autocrat were:

Danni - Quiet in the game and doesn't input a lot into the current matter

Vatumok - Also quiet but less 'memey' than Danni.

Erik - He town read to me personally so I don't understand if he was scum to out himself like this. Maybe he thought that because town think he isn't scum; that he would have a bigger say and potentially sway people's mind?

This seems very out of the blue and VERY dodgy indeed.
I thought it was quite strange, the way he seems to seek rapprochement towards inffy (lol soz i didnt know that word in english so i googled it, not sure if it is a common word). It feels like he is trying to distant himself from the things going on between him and Iggish, iggish being someone who inffy also seems to support.

5. Inffy's role in all this, and some other remarks on inffy

I WANT TO POINT OUT I FINISHED WRITING POINT 4 AROUND TWO HOURS AGO, BUT THEN WENT TO HAVE DINNER AND AM CONTINUING NOW. especially for inffy, cus i noticed he mentioned me like right before i went for dinner, and I still didnt read what he mentioned me in.

Overall Inffy seems to be on top of his game this round of mafia. He is playing to the point, and seems to be using several strategies (not all of those are good strategies). I'd argue that inffy's playstyle this game leans mostly to his town-style. I see a lot of 'his' style back in how Iggish has revealed himself this game. What I mean that, in my eyes, this game Iggish has started to make posts of the long and get-to-the-bottom style. This doesn't necesairly link iggish and inffy, however Inffy seems to support iggish a lot in his posts. He is very keen to support iggy in his pursuit Rune (tagging people what they think about rune a lot), and i noticed he has also been leaving quite a bit of positive ratings on some of the longer iggish posts (well most are long tbh). I feel like inffy is siding with iggish quite a bit. OFC this could just mean that they both are town and both conviced that the other is town, but there could be more to it (some obvious and some more far-fetched possible reasons, i dont have a specific reason in mind rn, just wanted to point out it feels like he is siding with iggy a bit)

WHILE INF MOSTLY SEEMS TOWN
he has done some 'questionable' things. NO, i dont mean his silence strategy, which was quite nifty, and seems like something inffy would do in any game (so town or scum). He has been more vicious in some of his attempt to get to the bottom of what players mean. As example this wasn't only when he tried to see how I would respond if he called me out for 'lying', but most importantly i find the way he treats danni rather odd. I think danni would agree, that there have been more than one occuring this game where danni would say something, to which inffy would respond rather viciously (i dont mean offense with the word vicious). (I KNOW INFFY IS GONNA WANT QUOTES, BUT IM STILL ONLY GONNA FIND THE ONES I HAD IN MIND IF HE ASKS FOR IT NICELY)

6. THE END
I'm going to end it off here for now, feel like these were the most imporant things i had to say. As always, feel free to comment if things are unclear, i'm sure there are gonna be questions/doubts etc. Please do try to reply in a well mannered fashion, i dont want to be part of yet another crazy back and fort, i've had too many of those for one game.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Well I'll write up a summary later when I'm home
to respond to your question, i'll at least hold off on voting rune for this to happen, i greatly appreciate if you actually make this. i know iggish has made a lot of long posts, but i read them earlier, and to be quite honest, i've forgotten most if already (soz iggish, it's just too damn much info to process).

• Thank You
  • Agree
Reactions: Rune and webpaige

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
For starters rune said this when he claimed early on:

In my eyes this quote made sense, he promised that he would claim this day, and that is what he meant. However, iggish, as part of his questoning all Rune's doings, commented the following:
When did he promise to claim this day? Pretty sure he never said that, which is why Iggish's interpretation makes sense, to me at least.

I thought it was quite strange, the way he seems to seek rapprochement towards inffy (lol soz i didnt know that word in english so i googled it, not sure if it is a common word).
lol I've never heard of that before, had to google it

I see a lot of 'his' style back in how Iggish has revealed himself this game. What I mean that, in my eyes, this game Iggish has started to make posts of the long and get-to-the-bottom style. This doesn't necesairly link iggish and inffy, however Inffy seems to support iggish a lot in his posts. He is very keen to support iggy in his pursuit Rune (tagging people what they think about rune a lot), and i noticed he has also been leaving quite a bit of positive ratings on some of the longer iggish posts (well most are long tbh). I feel like inffy is siding with iggish quite a bit. OFC this could just mean that they both are town and both conviced that the other is town, but there could be more to it (some obvious and some more far-fetched possible reasons, i dont have a specific reason in mind rn, just wanted to point out it feels like he is siding with iggy a bit)
Yeah I'm a big fan of Iggish's style this game, probably because it resembles my own in some ways since it just makes a lot of sense to me to play that way as town. I've also agreed with him on his opinions with Rune so we've been together in the "rune is so scummy why is nobody seeing this" boat.

WHILE INF MOSTLY SEEMS TOWN
he has done some 'questionable' things. NO, i dont mean his silence strategy, which was quite nifty, and seems like something inffy would do in any game (so town or scum). .
wow finally someone who appreciates and understands the silence strat <3

He has been more vicious in some of his attempt to get to the bottom of what players mean. As example this wasn't only when he tried to see how I would respond if he called me out for 'lying', but most importantly i find the way he treats danni rather odd. I think danni would agree, that there have been more than one occuring this game where danni would say something, to which inffy would respond rather viciously (i dont mean offense with the word vicious). (I KNOW INFFY IS GONNA WANT QUOTES, BUT IM STILL ONLY GONNA FIND THE ONES I HAD IN MIND IF HE ASKS FOR IT NICELY)
Nah I don't want quotes, I know exactly which posts you mean.

Reactions: HKCaper

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
OKAY SO THIS IS GOING TO BE A BIT ALL OVER THE PLACE

So from Web and inffy, most of your questions are either just missunderstandings, or you giving me a hard time for some reason.

First off two statements:
We want mafia ded
We want SK ded

If either of these are wrong please do tell
They are not wrong, but mafia and SK may behave differently from one another, which is why the distinction may be important
I did not make a point out of differentiating mafia or SK, since I did not see the point. We would have no idea who killed either anyway.
I dont see why that would be so weird, webpaige and how you somehow can make a big thing about it, why on earth would I mean it otherwise?
You did say mafia specifically, so I assumed you meant mafia, not SK. You also left out the other dead person, which made it seem like it could have been a slip on your part.
Answered above the first paragraph.
I was just finding info on who might be either SK or mafia, I did not try to analyze their gameplay or anything like that, just thought it might be useful. I honestly feel like responding to this is a complete waste of time, In one of the quotes you are using I am saying both SK and mafia, in the other im just saying mafia, I painted them as one because its less to type, and we dont have info who would have killed who anyway, so why make a difference of them there?
It made you seem as if you had some sort of knowledge that the rest of the town did not have, in that the mafia (and not the SK) killed Unu- which made me question how you had that knowledge (likely by being the SK due to how everything else added up). I did not realize you were including SK in mafia, as I generally see them described as entirely different parties
You have played more than enough mafia to know that not all town roles should claim.
Good thing we're talking about claiming politicians then
You are making accusations from on no real grounds, I didnt type "Sk and maf" because it doesnt matter for that post.
I'm not accusing you? I thought you were suspicious and posted why, I wanted to see how the other town players felt about it mostly
I dont get how you can come to such a drastic conclusion from literally nothing.
Ah yes I forgot that cop report we had on Aqua yesterday silly me
Since cop reports are the only reason we lynch people after all!
"conviently left out information" that you could say I forgot to add, information that again was not relevant for that post, im repeating myself here.
Which is why I added that it could be nothing at all, just coincidence
I assume everyone in the game is aware that we got a SK in the game, as that is our main assumption. I do under no circumstances think that simply not typing the word SK when summing up first night killings would make people forget about the role.
Could have been a slip too
Its merely the truth.
Maybe, we can't verify it at the moment though

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
I don't mind lynching Aqua off today and I'm not against claiming tomorrow if needs be.
When did he promise to claim this day? Pretty sure he never said that, which is why Iggish's interpretation makes sense, to me at least.
I read that as him saying he would claim this day, but I must admit in my head it was a heavier promise than what it actually is. still feel like iggish played it off than a bigger deal than it was (but i guess that is just, like, my opinion)

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
You also left out the other dead person,
it took a lot of time to read through everything and find the quotes.
Good thing we're talking about claiming politicians then
when did you say this? ._.
Could have been a slip too
I dont slip.

I'm dont see a point in discussing this much further. I have explained why I did not type sk before, and that it in my head wasnt very relevant, from your claims that seemed the only proper evidence from you, and I find them incredibly weak.

Iggish

Reaction score
He's been playing very differently this game and been a lot more conservative
You've been quite inactive compared to other games. You also have basically said nothing which stands out or is significant, which I find a bit odd as IMO, you usually do this whether intentionally or not. This is what I mean by conservative. You haven't stuck your neck out anywhere and have apparently been trying to not be noticed, which is not the style I associated with you last game.

Iggish

Reaction score
Iggish seems to be focussed on showing every wrong doing that Rune has done 'in his eyes' (i dont say I disagree with Iggish, he makes fair points).
While he is in the right to question Rune and what he does, in my eyes he is taking it too the extreme. The last few pages consist of quite a bit of huge and 'obnoxious' posts (its a pain to get through massive walls of texts where you quote whole posts instead of the points that matter), where he puts everything rune does up for inspection.
Well I said I was going to explain why I found Rune scummy. I also added quite a few disclaimers that I could be being cynical or a little bit bias in some cases because of my conviction that Rune is scum.
I don't think I'm taking it to the extreme. I'm asking him questions based on the many scummy things he has done. I'm also not putting everything Rune has done up for inspection either, there were quite a few points which I left out because they would be considered too cynical.
Here he, as I see it, wrongly interprets Rune's post, and uses it in one of his posts to make rune look suspicious. I HAVE TO BE CAREFULL WITH THIS KINDA PHRASING, SINCE I HAVE BEEN CALLED OUT BEFORE, I DONT MEAN YOU DELIBERATELY USE FALSE INFO. By going out of you way to analyse everything Rune says, 'mistakes' like this tend to slip in. It makes me think you might be out to convince Rune is scum no matter what he says.
Well it's certainly scummy to me. Maybe you don't understand my thinking. Why would he include the line if he wasn't conscious of making a good effort to appear town and to earn trust? It just seems like a weird inclusion.
What do you mean by the "mistakes" sentence? I was compiling all the reasons that I found Rune scummy and since I thought this was scummy I included it. I think it betrays Rune's mentality to try to keep up a good appearance and to try earn the town's trust.
Iggish was right to point out, that this as such is a very strange thing to say. Why would he not stick to his claim? Also i dont think iggish is wrong to distrust Rune, I too don't fully trust rune.
Tbh, I don't even mention pointing this out.

Anyway Hk, what are your thoughts on my main point? Where Rune accused me of leading the town and leading lynches out of the blue with no justification and repetitively didn't respond to the question and only gave a sub-satisfactory answer like 20 pages on from when I first asked him. People don't seem to be mentioning this point and it's the primary reason that I think he is scummy. In my eyes, there is basically no way or reason a townie would do this. Rune himself only replied to my smaller points, apparently ignoring the main one even though they were posted on different days.
(In fairness, that could be because I invited Rune to respond to the small ones but it's still weird that he wouldn't try to defend himself against my main point.)

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
it took a lot of time to read through everything and find the quotes.
Fair enough, there was no way of me knowing if it was on purpose or not
when did you say this? ._.
I didn't, it was decided upon like 20 pages ago
Can we all claim politician names btw? Is anyone against that?
It could be a good idea to state names, to get a general idea of who jivvi put in.
Might be best to start the name claiming tomorrow even thought that has the downside of mafia coordinating their claims.
If people did begin to claim names, would you join along or would you refuse?
I'm Michael Daniel Higgins
If everyone says they're willing to do it then I think we should all claim names.
yes I'd be willing to claim my name,
I mean the whole sharing our names thing was an idea I originally proposed so ya by all means Im willing.
Yes, I'm willing to claim my name
I thought you knew that was what claiming was about?
I dont slip.
Everyone can slip
I'm dont see a point in discussing this much further. I have explained why I did not type sk before, and that it in my head wasnt very relevant, from your claims that seemed the only proper evidence from you, and I find them incredibly weak.
Fair enough

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Well it's certainly scummy to me. Maybe you don't understand my thinking. Why would he include the line if he wasn't conscious of making a good effort to appear town and to earn trust? It just seems like a weird inclusion.
What do you mean by the "mistakes" sentence? I was compiling all the reasons that I found Rune scummy and since I thought this was scummy I included it. I think it betrays Rune's mentality to try to keep up a good appearance and to try earn the town's trust.
This is what Inffy and I discussed right after my big posts. Read those, and quote me again if you still find it unclear.

Tbh, I don't even mention pointing this out.
"I'll stick with my word" shouldn't even have to be mentioned if there is no possibility you're lying.
oops my bad, i thought you commented on it, because the quote above here, you posted that after Rune said something about claiming for the second time, but instead of responding to that, you were responding to the first time he claimed AGAIN. Well discard anything i said about you on that quote, my opinion that i found the 2nd time much more odd than the first time still stands though.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Anyway Hk, what are your thoughts on my main point? Where Rune accused me of leading the town and leading lynches out of the blue with no justification and repetitively didn't respond to the question and only gave a sub-satisfactory answer like 20 pages on from when I first asked him. People don't seem to be mentioning this point and it's the primary reason that I think he is scummy. In my eyes, there is basically no way or reason a townie would do this. Rune himself only replied to my smaller points, apparently ignoring the main one even though they were posted on different days.
I must say it is odd, because from the few posts that he made, at one point he was really convinced you were doing these things. And then the couple posts right after that are all 'apologies' and 'oh ye i made a mistake'. Does feel like he was trying something, that didnt work out, and then he tried abort the whole attempt.

To comment on "people don't seem to be mentioning this...". I find that while this might be true, and what he did is questionable at least, you keep making long posts about him, which arent helping your case. On one side, people are less inclined to read everything you said (because it is so damn much), and on the other hand it feels like you are focussing way to hard on Rune (that is for me at least).