CAPITALISM MAFIA

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Enderfive One thing (among many, see inffy's points) I don't understand about your claim is how you'll know who Donald Trump is. I mean, I think at this stage we have kind of unanimously, silently agreed upon that he is indeed mafia, correct me if I'm wrong. I mean, iirc no-one even suggested that he could be town when ender said this. I have reasons for believing so as well.

Are you saying that if you get enough "claps", he'll just drop dead or will be revealed to you or what. You were given body armour so maybe you'll be given a gun? But then you wouldn't know who to aim it at? Would you just shoot someone suspicious?

This sounds really wacky to me and I'd urge anyone else who hasn't said it yet, not to. It doesn't make sense, as Inffy said, you somehow knew to get everyone to start clapping (if you're even telling the truth), which is suspicious.
He said it's just a working theory and he's not actually sure what will happen, but he needs trump dead and cl*pping is giving him abilities so maybe he'll be able to use them to kill trump, who he think is likely the Autocrat (which I'm not sure why he thinks that???)

okay so

i am jeb as i already said, yes, i am 3rd party, and no, my win condition isn't exactly tied to the claps, at least not directly

basically trump needs to die in order for me to win

now this clapping thing came as a surprise to me at first because jivvi didn't exactly mention it to me in the beginning, i just received one singular clap at the beginning of the day

as the day progressed, however, other people said it in the thread after i asked around about it, and would you look at that, after some time i received another message from jivvi, saying something along the lines of "the sustained applause has given you increased power to ward off trump's attacks" and explaining that i now had a bulletproof vest

so my working theory is that the more you clap, the more abilities i gain

why is this good for you? well, when you think of the autocrat, who is the most likely western politician to have been awarded that particular role? that's right, i too think it could be trump

so

you help me get stronger by clapping and i avert your loss by killing trump if i get an ability that helps me do that

• Informative
Reactions: Iggish

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I mean to be fair your posts are extremely disjointed in my opinion. You randomly start new topics/thoughts in the same paragraph and it isn't very coherent to my brain, and I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say a lot of the time. I'm not sure if this is indicative of your alignment but I've never noticed you like this before. Maybe you're struggling to remain coherent and linear in your thought process because you have a secret objective clouding your thoughts??
I'm struggling to remain coherent because it feels like I have been repeating myself so many times that it gets to the point that you can't reword what I have already said. I've reworded my answers twice now and yet you were still confused so you can understand my frustration especially when I'm on a bloody phone most of the time and that I can't reply properly.

But where does he take the lead, like you said he did?
You yourself mention the fact that his style is similar to the game that he did last time. I was arguing that his style was similar to what he did last game, which again you mention yourself:

huh well ok looks like iggish has jumped back to his reaction style from last game after all, nvm
Anyways, moving on.
But Iggish wasn't being extremely vocal about who we should lynch, was he? I mean after you've said that, he and Notty have been debating quite a bit, but when you said this he hadn't even voted anyone or said anyone was probably Mafia or anything, so why did you talk about this as if he's doing it this game as well?
He could potentially do that, I was just describing what he was doing last game. What my real point was how his style is repeated in this game; which again you noticed yourself. I mean, it's still Day 1 and he could start to begin what he was doing before. He could very well just be town though and that it's his usual play style to be reactive.
In fact, reading this again, this doesn't make sense does it? You're saying that, he's acting the same as last game, when he as mafia, on purpose, so that he can not be seen as suspicious and can win when town wins. Why would acting like he acted when he was Mafia make him less suspicious?
Firstly, I said that he was doing that when he was third-party and not Mafia. However in that game he DID assist Mafia. In that game, because he was the more vocal one; people were more inclined to trust him because of this. In this game, it could potentially work but because we know he did that when he was third party then it's not effective anymore. He's either town due to this being his normal role or Mafia/third party due to there being pas
Also, you still have yet to answer my question, unless you already answered and I just forgot (the first quote is my question, the second quote is what the question stems from):
Looking back, I also find your reason for not voting Iggish a bit weird.

Because how the hell do I know if he's town sided or not. He could very well just be playing his normal playstyle because I think last game was his first game in Mafia. You can understand my reasoning when I say that him being reactive when he was mafia could translate into this game

You say the reason you didn't vote him was because you could see where I was coming from when I said he was acting "a tad" different last game, but you only seem to agree with this (since you only say this) after I said it. Before that, you seemed pretty sure that Iggish was acting very similar to last game and even used that as the reason for saying he was the most suspicious.
Because that reply was before he properly switched to his reactive playstyle, which I'll put here again:

huh well ok looks like iggish has jumped back to his reaction style from last game after all, nvm
So why didn't you vote for him back then, before I said that Iggish was acting differently? And if you already thought that he was acting a bit differently yourself, then why didn't you say so before?

Also, the way you defend your lack of voting by comparing yourself to me, basically saying "Inf didn't do that, and neither did I" also seems weird to me. Like maybe your reason for not voting is because you're trying to fit in, and that leaked out a bit in your response here.

Also is it just me or has rune suddenly decided to be nice to Iggish now that the heat is off him
I'll say this for the final time, this was because of his reactive playstyle and that if you were in my position to witness it then you can draw parallels to his last game. Secondly, I was not comparing myself to you; and I don't understand your argument that this means I'm anti-town because I'm not voting for him. I don't know if it's his usual play style or not and so far repeating myself for 100 times isn't me trying to fit in; but to reply to your questions which are frankly made up on the spot to try to make me look scum.

Also, you were saying that I was being agressive to Iggy when it came to lynching and now I'm suddenly nice to Iggy? It's a hunch that I had and the fact that it's early game means that not all of the cards have been revealed; and that mostly in Day 1; it's pretty much random who you pick. I'm not going to vote for Iggy unless I got definite proof that he trips up and is bait because my hunches rely on the last game; not on this one.

Like, where did this apology even come from? It seems so out of the blue to me. Kinda reminds me of a point Ender made previously:

Although rune did say that he forgot the game existed at the start, and it makes sense that he'd become active only when someone started to appear suspicious to him, so I could totally see why this pattern that Ender described might emerge from a townie, but his apology to Iggish just seems to come out of nowhere, like a step back now that Notty has also stepped back.
Because it was obvious that I was confusing him for no reason, and that the apology was to apologise that my replies were being unnecessarily confusing. This is no way means that I'm scum like you are suggesting it is.

Also, one last question for you Rune, about something I noticed when I went back to analyze your posts:

Why, "if that's the case" (I'm assuming you're referring to Jolt being Theresa May or Jeremy Corbyn), does that suggest to you that "there is likely one mafia in each of the countries with many people in them"? I just can't follow this line of thought.
This is what you call out of the blue. In fact, I was trying to point out that most likely; Jolt is town because those three politicians are well known; especially May/Corbyn. Let me repeat this for the final time, there is most likely MAFIA IN THE US OR AUS and not likely the UK, Canada OR Ireland.

Now I have answered your questions, it's my go to question you.

1) Why are you so adamant that I'm scum and that I should be the one who should get lynched. Especially when most people think that I'm not scum.

2) You can easily determine that I'm most likely not scum because of my country and that no-one has CC'd yet and that there's only one person who is part of Canada, and that there is only ONE well known politician from there; Justin Trudeau. So what makes me suspicious when I have so far answered ALL of your questions? Is it due to the fact that it's confusing, which I apologise because of the fact that I got a IRL condition which affects this sort of thing (writing)

3) Could you agree on the fact that your tactic on revealing yourself late could make yourself look like Mafia; and could you repeat your reasoning on why you did this and what sets you apart from being Mafia?

• Confusing
G

Guest35486

Yes, Ender claimed third party and that he can help us kill trump if people say "cl*p" which I think is a lie because Jivvi doesn't seem like he'd include a role in the setup where he has to constantly check to see if people say the word "cl*p" in every post
I wouldn't rule it out because he could use the thread search function, though Ender's claim does seem a bit too easy? Like if we clap enough, another player would die? I feel like it's part of his role if he's said so much about it, but I'm not sure about the relations between the ¢laps and Trump.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_
G

Guest35486

I wouldn't rule it out because he could use the thread search function, though Ender's claim does seem a bit too easy? Like if we clap enough, another player would die? I feel like it's part of his role if he's said so much about it, but I'm not sure about the relations between the ¢laps and Trump.
oops I tried to use the cent symbol instead but missed the first one anyway

• Haha
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Comp and Iggish

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm struggling to remain coherent because it feels like I have been repeating myself so many times that it gets to the point that you can't reword what I have already said. I've reworded my answers twice now and yet you were still confused so you can understand my frustration especially when I'm on a bloody phone most of the time and that I can't reply properly.
No, you're incoherent before I even spoke to you about it.

You yourself mention the fact that his style is similar to the game that he did last time. I was arguing that his style was similar to what he did last game, which again you mention yourself:

Anyways, moving on.
??? Yeah I said his reaction there was similar to last game and used the Witcher YouTube video thing, but that's a very different statement to yours, where you said he was trying to lead the discussion, which he wasn't. Why did you say that? Where did he do that?

He could potentially do that, I was just describing what he was doing last game. What my real point was how his style is repeated in this game; which again you noticed yourself. I mean, it's still Day 1 and he could start to begin what he was doing before. He could very well just be town though and that it's his usual play style to be reactive.
But he wasn't reacting that way until after you said all this, so our observations stem from different points in time and therefore different posts. What did Iggish do that made you think he was doing the same thing as last time, being vocal about who to lynch and taking the "lead", like you said?

Because that reply was before he properly switched to his reactive playstyle, which I'll put here again:
Yeah but why did you think he was behaving weird before this? And why did you say that the reason you didn't vote him yet was because you agreed with me that he was acting different, but I hadn't said that yet when you were saying he was your top suspect yet you still didn't vote for him - why not? Do you just want to be sure of who you vote before you vote them or something?

I'll say this for the final time, this was because of his reactive playstyle and that if you were in my position to witness it then you can draw parallels to his last game.
This isn't answering my question still. I'm not asking why you think he's suspicious, I'm asking why, if you thought he was suspicious, and I hadn't said my point yet - the point which allegedly is the reason you didn't vote - why didn't you vote him yet?

Secondly, I was not comparing myself to you
You literally said:

Inf didn't go ahead and vote for his people that he found suspicious since that's his suspicions and not something definite. I'm doing the same thing
How is that not comparing yourself to me?

I don't understand your argument that this means I'm anti-town because I'm not voting for him. I don't know if it's his usual play style or not and so far repeating myself for 100 times isn't me trying to fit in; but to reply to your questions which are frankly made up on the spot to try to make me look scum.
I never said that it means you're anti-town because you're not voting for him, I'm just wanting to know why, if he was the most suspicious in your eyes, why you didn't vote for him. And you still haven't answered my question about why you said Iggish is the most suspicious, and then said we shouldn't focus on Iggish and instead focus on people from US/Australia because you find that more suspicious, even though Iggish is from US/Australia and is allegedly the most suspicious to you.

I don't know if it's his usual play style or not and so far repeating myself for 100 times isn't me trying to fit in; but to reply to your questions which are frankly made up on the spot to try to make me look scum.
I didn't say anything about you repeating things to fit in, and my questions aren't "made up on the spot to try to make you look scum", I'm interrogating you because there are some things I don't understand and you and only you have the answers to my questions about those things.

Also, you were saying that I was being agressive to Iggy when it came to lynching and now I'm suddenly nice to Iggy? It's a hunch that I had and the fact that it's early game means that not all of the cards have been revealed; and that mostly in Day 1; it's pretty much random who you pick. I'm not going to vote for Iggy unless I got definite proof that he trips up and is bait because my hunches rely on the last game; not on this one.
Okay, thank you, this answers one of my previous questions about why you didn't vote for him then I guess.

Because it was obvious that I was confusing him for no reason, and that the apology was to apologise that my replies were being unnecessarily confusing. This is no way means that I'm scum like you are suggesting it is.
What did he say that made you think you were confusing him?

This is what you call out of the blue. In fact, I was trying to point out that most likely; Jolt is town because those three politicians are well known; especially May/Corbyn. Let me repeat this for the final time, there is most likely MAFIA IN THE US OR AUS and not likely the UK, Canada OR Ireland.
Well first of all, yes it's out of the blue, since like I said I found it when I was re-reading and wanted to ask you about it. But why is jolt likely town just because those three politicians are well known? Since when are well known politicians town? And surely you can understand why I couldn't understand your point here since you didn't even mention any of this, you just said "jolt is probably jeremey and therefore mafia is probably in US/Aus".

1) Why are you so adamant that I'm scum and that I should be the one who should get lynched. Especially when most people think that I'm not scum.
What makes you think I'm adamant that you're scum? I'm not. I'm not even voting for you or advocating for your lynch. And what makes you think that most people think you're not scum? When has anyone town-read you or defended you? And, hypothetically if that was the case and others had defended you and I was suspicious, why is that relevant anyway - why does it matter what others think, for me to be suspicious of you?

I) You can easily determine that I'm most likely not scum because of my country and that no-one has CC'd yet and that there's only one person who is part of Canada, and that there is only ONE well known politician from there; Justin Trudeau. So what makes me suspicious when I have so far answered ALL of your questions? Is it due to the fact that it's confusing, which I apologise because of the fact that I got a IRL condition which affects this sort of thing (writing)
Again, where is this assumption coming from that well known politicians are town? And why does, just the fact you're in Canada, alone, mean you're most likely not scum? These weird assumptions make me think that perhaps you *did* in fact purposefully choose Canada so that you'd look innocent, but where are these assumptions even coming from?

And my little suspicions on you are because of little theories I've had about various posts you've made. A lot of it probably does stem from me having a difficult time understanding your points yes, and I'm sorry if it's frustrating you that I keep asking you about them if it isn't your fault and it's because of a condition that you have, but I'm just trying to get everything straight in my mind and work everything out, so I'm asking questions which I have. That's the only solution. And if my suspicion from you is mainly stemming from confusion, that's the only way to clear that up.

3) Could you agree on the fact that your tactic on revealing yourself late could make yourself look like Mafia; and could you repeat your reasoning on why you did this and what sets you apart from being Mafia?
Yes, in fact I've already agreed on that. I did it because I usually tag people and ask questions as town, to get reads from people's posts and use that to find scum. But this game I didn't have anything to say at the start and when the discussion started to centre around my silence, I decided it would be a nice idea to evoke conversation and posts from people by remaining silent. Since there was no other obvious information yet, I foresaw that the discussion would just be slow and there wouldn't really be anything to talk about, because there was no conversation starter. Usually someone claims or does something really weird and that's what has everyone speaking and that's when the game gets going. So I decided to spark the conversation myself by creating a conversation starter for people to react to, to get reads, which worked.

I don't really know what sets me apart from being Mafia. Originally I made some points about why I wouldn't gain anything from doing what I did as Mafia, but as Iggish pointed out, and as I, iirc, acknowledged previously to paige, I could have just done all that as a mindgame to look town because what I did had no benefits for scum, so I don't really have a solid defence about why I'm not scum. Neither does anyone right now.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Rune and Iggish

Iggish

Reaction score
Ok, I was like 1/4 through my reply to rune's response but then Inffy made his post. I agree mostly with what he said in it (mainly pointing out the flaws in Rune's argument and of Rune weird making assumptions and stuff) so I don't think I need to make a post.

The main thing I can't understand is why Rune thought I was acting like last game. He then said it was to do with my playing styles but there was no proof and no evidence here either that I was playing similarly. Rune's argument was that it was because I was reactive but once again, there is no evidence for this and I hadn't cast a vote or anything of the like. This was also before Inf said that my tactics had reverted or something like that when I suddenly allegedly did become reactive.
This just makes no sense to me. I know Inffy said all this above but this is the topic that stands out most to me as being very off and I just can't understand it.

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
??? Yeah I said his reaction there was similar to last game and used the Witcher YouTube video thing, but that's a very different statement to yours, where you said he was trying to lead the discussion, which he wasn't. Why did you say that? Where did he do that?
I said that because we were talking about it in dead chat in the last game. Annoyingly, I was the first to be killed off so I couldn't reply to anything. In that game, he was mostly taking the lead in discussions. The game I'm talking about is the Rick and Morty Mafia game where you can see him do this. I said it because I thought that he could potentially do it again in this game. It's a theory, not me definite about something.
But he wasn't reacting that way until after you said all this, so our observations stem from different points in time and therefore different posts. What did Iggish do that made you think he was doing the same thing as last time, being vocal about who to lynch and taking the "lead", like you said?
You said yourself that he was acting similarly, but not enough to what he was doing last game. When we questioned about it, he became more reactive. The reason why I thought Iggish was being more vocal was due to his huge posts in which he made all of the figures. Obviously it looks bigger in mobile than on the PC. It's what I saw, but obviously I can be wrong because I was skimming through the whole thread anyways.
Yeah but why did you think he was behaving weird before this? And why did you say that the reason you didn't vote him yet was because you agreed with me that he was acting different, but I hadn't said that yet when you were saying he was your top suspect yet you still didn't vote for him - why not? Do you just want to be sure of who you vote before you vote them or something?
Of course I want to be sure of who I vote because it's still early game; and I'm not going to vote for something this early when it's a hunch. Just like you have been doing and Iggish and even others have been doing, it's mostly theory and not something which deserves a vote.
This isn't answering my question still. I'm not asking why you think he's suspicious, I'm asking why, if you thought he was suspicious, and I hadn't said my point yet - the point which allegedly is the reason you didn't vote - why didn't you vote him yet?
Because it's called a hunch, and it's not enough proof to vote him over. There's STILL the posibility that he could be town and the reason that he was acting like that was due to Notty grilling him. I am probably wrong about him in the first place anyways so of course when you KEEP asking about the same thing over and over when it comes to him, it's going to be more and more difficult to explain because I've already exausted my words talking about the same topic for about 5/10 pages.
How is that not comparing yourself to me?
Because I could ask the same thing for you, why aren't you voting for Aqua if you find him so suspicious? I thought it would be useful to share my reasoning about how Iggy COULD be suspicious due to his playstyle but obviously it's being taken the wrong way.

Take this thread, and take the Rick and Morty thread and put them side to side when it comes to Iggy's replies and you can see what I'm talking about.
I never said that it means you're anti-town because you're not voting for him, I'm just wanting to know why, if he was the most suspicious in your eyes, why you didn't vote for him. And you still haven't answered my question about why you said Iggish is the most suspicious, and then said we shouldn't focus on Iggish and instead focus on people from US/Australia because you find that more suspicious, even though Iggish is from US/Australia and is allegedly the most suspicious to you.
Because he's not the only one who claimed Australia or the US. I need to go back through the thread and make more theories but my time has been taken up by replying to you. I was trying to say that even though Iggish is suspicious, it could very well be ANYONE from the US or Australia but there are obviously others in the US/Aus who could be more suspicious than Iggish but haven't made it obvious yet.
I didn't say anything about you repeating things to fit in, and my questions aren't "made up on the spot to try to make you look scum", I'm interrogating you because there are some things I don't understand and you and only you have the answers to my questions about those things.
It's great to hear that but the amount of energy that you have expended on me; you could have probably 'interrogated' others too who come from the US or Australia. I think I've answered all of your questions but you keep making new ones which makes a constant cycle of answering questions (thats what it feels to me).
What did he say that made you think you were confusing him?
Since if you found it confusing, then potentially others could also find it confusing.
Well first of all, yes it's out of the blue, since like I said I found it when I was re-reading and wanted to ask you about it. But why is jolt likely town just because those three politicians are well known? Since when are well known politicians town? And surely you can understand why I couldn't understand your point here since you didn't even mention any of this, you just said "jolt is probably jeremey and therefore mafia is probably in US/Aus".
Because Theresa May/Jeremy Corbyn are NOT autocrats, and DON'T come from a country such as North Korea and China. They are WELL KNOWN DEMOCRATIC politicians and this matches up to my theory that Maf are probably communists. It's an easy knockout because there are more politicans in the UK and I doubt Jivvi would forget about someone like Theresa May who is the Prime Minister and yet include Farage who isn't even a politician anymore.
What makes you think I'm adamant that you're scum? I'm not. I'm not even voting for you or advocating for your lynch. And what makes you think that most people think you're not scum? When has anyone town-read you or defended you? And, hypothetically if that was the case and others had defended you and I was suspicious, why is that relevant anyway - why does it matter what others think, for me to be suspicious of you?
The reason why I said that most people think I'm not scum is because so far, every list that has been given out doesn't really include me being a baddy and that some replies such as ones from HK say that they don't find me suspicious. I'm also pointing this out because from my end, the reason why you keep asking questions towards me and no other person is because your suspicions stem from the fact that you are confused, so it's nice that you're not voting for me but I can ask why you are not voting for me if I was suspicious to you. Give me a solid answer, are you suspicious of me y/n and why are you NOT voting for me?
Again, where is this assumption coming from that well known politicians are town? And why does, just the fact you're in Canada, alone, mean you're most likely not scum? These weird assumptions make me think that perhaps you *did* in fact purposefully choose Canada so that you'd look innocent, but where are these assumptions even coming from?
Because my theory is that all of the politicians who come from the west and are for democracy are town and that the mafia are most likely against CAPITALISM which is the theme of the game and that they are most likely autocrats. The politicians which I mention are democratic politicians, not ones which come from North Korea.
The main thing I can't understand is why Rune thought I was acting like last game. He then said it was to do with my playing styles but there was no proof and no evidence here either that I was playing similarly. Rune's argument was that it was because I was reactive but once again, there is no evidence for this and I hadn't cast a vote or anything of the like. This was also before Inf said that my tactics had reverted or something like that when I suddenly allegedly did become reactive.
This just makes no sense to me. I know Inffy said all this above but this is the topic that stands out most to me as being very off and I just can't understand it.
Ok, take your play style currently and the one you did last game in Rick and Morty and draw comparisons. Some people would agree with me that potentially your play style is different. There is evidence of you being more reactive, people have even posted about you being reactive so I don't accept your argument there. There is evidence to it because you can see the change that you make. It wasn't allegedly too, it was definite that you did become more reactive, which could be due to stress. The proof that you talk about is actually the way you comment and the way you act which could cause someone to be suspicious of you. And now you have died down and quieted down when I pointed out that you are reactive and that others have noticed you.

If you actually do draw comparisions, just post it so I can have a better picture and see if it's me being confused about your playstyle or if there is an actual reason.

The reason why you find it so off is because it's about your playstyle, and that potentially; I could be right about you. You haven't asked anyone else except for mostly me and this is due to me adressing your playstyle. It's a hunch, something which shouldn't cause suspicion but yet it does which honestly confuses the hell out of me. This whole conversation is back and forth in a cycle which is rooted in the fact that there is contention about your playstyle. Currently, how do you think you're playing right now?

• Confusing

Iggish

Reaction score
I said that because we were talking about it in dead chat in the last game. Annoyingly, I was the first to be killed off so I couldn't reply to anything. In that game, he was mostly taking the lead in discussions. The game I'm talking about is the Rick and Morty Mafia game where you can see him do this. I said it because I thought that he could potentially do it again in this game. It's a theory, not me definite about something.
No, I'm pretty sure you said that I was being vocal this game. And I'm also pretty damn sure that you never mentioned words like theory or could in your original post.
You said yourself that he was acting similarly, but not enough to what he was doing last game. When we questioned about it, he became more reactive. The reason why I thought Iggish was being more vocal was due to his huge posts in which he made all of the figures. Obviously it looks bigger in mobile than on the PC. It's what I saw, but obviously I can be wrong because I was skimming through the whole thread anyways.
He said I was acting similarly after I acted reactively (I'll give up saying allegedly). Before that he said he was impressed with how I was handling notty's pressure iirc. But Rune, this was AFTER. IIRC I didn't have any big posts before.
Of course I want to be sure of who I vote because it's still early game; and I'm not going to vote for something this early when it's a hunch. Just like you have been doing and Iggish and even others have been doing, it's mostly theory and not something which deserves a vote.
Well I mean you said that I was acting vocal when I wasn't so we're not really dealing with theories here. You didn't have a theory I was being vocal, you said it.
Apart form that, fair enough.
Because it's called a hunch, and it's not enough proof to vote him over. There's STILL the posibility that he could be town and the reason that he was acting like that was due to Notty grilling him. I am probably wrong about him in the first place anyways so of course when you KEEP asking about the same thing over and over when it comes to him, it's going to be more and more difficult to explain because I've already exausted my words talking about the same topic for about 5/10 pages.
KJWAGDJAHDGKWKWKA
But I acted like that AFTER you said I was being very vocal and pushing for lynches. Why did you say it originally when there was no proof?
Because he's not the only one who claimed Australia or the US. I need to go back through the thread and make more theories but my time has been taken up by replying to you. I was trying to say that even though Iggish is suspicious, it could very well be ANYONE from the US or Australia but there are obviously others in the US/Aus who could be more suspicious than Iggish but haven't made it obvious yet.
You didn't make that clear at all in your original post. And I'm pretty sure your view hs changed here because IMO, that is not what you were trying to say.
Since if you found it confusing, then potentially others could also find it confusing.
Wat. Inffy was asking why you thought I found it confusing. Not him. I was only "confused" because your points made little to no sense for me. You started talking about Chinese hackers and that you "didn't buy" my story because in your opinion, Ireland is more politically significant then Australia and chopped and changed between different subjects (as Inf said).
Ok, take your play style currently and the one you did last game in Rick and Morty and draw comparisons. Some people would agree with me that potentially your play style is different. There is evidence of you being more reactive, people have even posted about you being reactive so I don't accept your argument there. There is evidence to it because you can see the change that you make. It wasn't allegedly too, it was definite that you did become more reactive, which could be due to stress. The proof that you talk about is actually the way you comment and the way you act which could cause someone to be suspicious of you. And now you have died down and quieted down when I pointed out that you are reactive and that others have noticed you.
But how I'm playing currently isn't relevant to this debate IMO. You said I was vocal BEFORE I "became reactive". Why did you say that? They posted about me being reactive when I was being reactive, not like you who posted that I was being reactive before I was remotely playing like before.
What? I don't understand this proof comment and act sentence at all. Could you explain it differently?
No, don't give yourself credit for me "dying down". I would've died down when Notty and I resolved(?) our argument. As a result of course I quietened down. It had nothing to do with you. I still think I wasn't being too reactive but whatever, that's probably just me being stubborn. yes, others did point it out but I just kept playing normally, I didn't "die down" until after the Notty conflict was over.
If you actually do draw comparisions, just post it so I can have a better picture and see if it's me being confused about your playstyle or if there is an actual reason.
Post what? Go back to the Rick and Morty game and search for quotes? Why would I do that?
What actual reason? You had no reason when you first said I was being vocal and wanting to lynch people.
The reason why you find it so off is because it's about your playstyle, and that potentially; I could be right about you. You haven't asked anyone else except for mostly me and this is due to me adressing your playstyle. It's a hunch, something which shouldn't cause suspicion but yet it does which honestly confuses the hell out of me. This whole conversation is back and forth in a cycle which is rooted in the fact that there is contention about your playstyle. Currently, how do you think you're playing right now?
No, that's not why I find it so off. Your points have made little sense, have been hard to follow and from the look of things, your timeline is completely jumbled. I haven't asked anyone else? What does that mean? I was in a full on argument with notty for a few pages as well as accusing Comp.
How does it confuse you? You're making me very suspicious because why did you call me vocal when I wasn't? In addition to this, your points have been hard to follow and you seem to be slightly tweaking your story in every post.
I mean, the argument has well evolved beyond that at this stage and is more focused on you but whatever. There was only contention on this topic because you made it contentious with no evidence and no proof, before my playstyle was in any way similar to last game's.

Erm, I'm not sure how to describe how I'm playing really, it's a hard question to answer. I mean, if I see something iffy, I call people out on it but I'm not openly pushing for lynches. *Sigh*, I suppose I was reactive with notty but I think I showed good open-mindfulness and a lack of tunnel visioning by giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Is that an adequate answer? It's quite a weird question so I didn't really know how to answer it.

But Rune, my main argument against you is that you accused me of being vocal, pushing for a lynch and reactive, before I allegedly started being reactive.

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

But you said that he was taking the lead and trying to lead discussions. You said he was doing it this game. My question to you is why did you say that? Where did he demonstrate that behaviour? If he didn't, then why did you even have any suspicion on him? You said that you were suspicious of him because he was acting similar to last game, but where? What huge posts with figures are you even talking about?

Okay, thank you.

Because I could ask the same thing for you, why aren't you voting for Aqua if you find him so suspicious? I thought it would be useful to share my reasoning about how Iggy COULD be suspicious due to his playstyle but obviously it's being taken the wrong way.
I am voting Aqua. But this doesn't answer my question. How is what you said not comparing you to me?

Okay. I just found it weird how you said he was most suspicious, but we should focus on other people because the criteria of them being in US/Aus is more suspicious than Iggish, even though Iggish *is* in US/Aus. The way you worded it does not seem like the way you explain here, but maybe that's just a mistake. But it does make me suspicious so if you could clear this up further that'd be great. Like why didn't you say this before? You said that Iggish was the most suspicious, but that you found people who are in US/Aus more suspicious so we should search there. Maybe this is all just confusion but it's still confusing me.

It's great to hear that but the amount of energy that you have expended on me; you could have probably 'interrogated' others too who come from the US or Australia. I think I've answered all of your questions but you keep making new ones which makes a constant cycle of answering questions (thats what it feels to me).
I have been interrogating others too. Aqua for example. I've asked most people at least one question. But the more suspicious things someone does for me, the more I'm going to ask them about those things.

So you assumed he was confused and apologised? Am I understanding you correctly?

Because Theresa May/Jeremy Corbyn are NOT autocrats, and DON'T come from a country such as North Korea and China. They are WELL KNOWN DEMOCRATIC politicians and this matches up to my theory that Maf are probably communists. It's an easy knockout because there are more politicans in the UK and I doubt Jivvi would forget about someone like Theresa May who is the Prime Minister and yet include Farage who isn't even a politician anymore.
Okay, thank you. So basically you have a theory that the mafia are communists, and you think jolt is May or Jeremy and so town?

The reason why I said that most people think I'm not scum is because so far, every list that has been given out doesn't really include me being a baddy and that some replies such as ones from HK say that they don't find me suspicious. I'm also pointing this out because from my end, the reason why you keep asking questions towards me and no other person is because your suspicions stem from the fact that you are confused, so it's nice that you're not voting for me but I can ask why you are not voting for me if I was suspicious to you. Give me a solid answer, are you suspicious of me y/n and why are you NOT voting for me?
Okay thanks. I am suspicious of you yes, moreso now that you don't appear to have an answer about why you called Iggish out for leading lynches and behaving similar to last game, but I'm not voting you because I'm voting Aqua right now because I find him more suspicious at this moment in time.

Because my theory is that all of the politicians who come from the west and are for democracy are town and that the mafia are most likely against CAPITALISM which is the theme of the game and that they are most likely autocrats. The politicians which I mention are democratic politicians, not ones which come from North Korea.
Okay thanks. Just remember that this is just your own theory so using that as a defence, saying people should find you town just because you seem democratic, isn't really a valid defence like you seemed to think it was earlier?

But the thing we're trying to say, and ask you about, which you keep on ignoring for whatever reason, is why did you think he was acting similar to last time? The behaviour which I'd say was reactive or whatever didn't even emerge until after you said that he was playing like last game where he was being a leader and trying to lead lynches and take control, but you never pointed to where he did that. Where did he do that? And if he didn't then why did you even say that if you didn't just want to bandwagon onto an inno lynch since you're Mafia?

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yes, Ender claimed third party and that he can help us kill trump if people say "cl*p" which I think is a lie because Jivvi doesn't seem like he'd include a role in the setup where he has to constantly check to see if people say the word "cl*p" in every post

Now can you answer my other questions?
ok can you come up with a better explanation for why i want people to clap, then?

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
since some people are having trouble understanding me, i'll go over it again:

-i received a clap at daybreak
-i was confuddled by this so i asked around
-other people said clap in response to me asking around
-i received a bp vest
-a theory formed in my mind that clapping makes me stronger
-i received a lie detector at around 20 claps which would suggest my theory is correct

i have no indication that trump will die if i get enough claps, you guys came up with that, not me

i have reason to believe that the more abilities i get, the more likely it is i can identify who trump is

i think it's logical that trump is the autocrat, so killing him would be beneficial for you as well

any other questions?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
since some people are having trouble understanding me, i'll go over it again:

-i received a clap at daybreak
-i was confuddled by this so i asked around
-other people said clap in response to me asking around
-i received a bp vest
-a theory formed in my mind that clapping makes me stronger
-i received a lie detector at around 20 claps which would suggest my theory is correct

i have no indication that trump will die if i get enough claps, you guys came up with that, not me

i have reason to believe that the more abilities i get, the more likely it is i can identify who trump is

i think it's logical that trump is the autocrat, so killing him would be beneficial for you as well

any other questions?
Why did you choose to ask people to cl*p? Seems a bit of a convenient jump of thought to somehow guess exactly what you're supposed to do.

Why do you think it's logical that trump is the autocrat?

ok can you come up with a better explanation for why i want people to clap, then?
Maybe you do get abilities every time people cl*p, but it's detrimental to town and you knew it all along. You mentioned receiving a cl*p as a subtle way of trying to get people to repeat it, but then decided to just explicitly ask people to say it and pretend that it's useful for us to do so. The idea of that came to you when Jivvi mentioned the autocrat. You said you had to kill trump rather than the autocrat because it would seem weird if you didn't mention the autocrat before now, despite the role usually being public information. I dunno. I just don't trust that you magically guessed how your role works and that Jivvi would include such a role in the game because it seems unrealistic.

• Haha
Reactions: Notme

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also here's a bit of a tl;dr from memory of the general kind of flow of what's happened, if people don't have time to catch up like webpaige

The game has had four main 'events' so far, I'd say

1) Iggish's reasoning for suspecting that Canada would be included seemed to change and contradict itself a couple times to Notty and me, but he seems to have cleared that up now, hence Notty, mine and Iggish's exchanges
2) I pretended to be silenced and Aqua thinks I did this as Mafia, and I think Aqua is Mafia because he has contradicted himself several times and seems to be lying, hence mine and Aqua's exchanges
3) Rune said that Iggish was leading lynches on people and acting like he was last game, when Notty was putting heat onto Iggish, but as far as anyone can see so far, Iggish didn't act that way when Rune said it, and Rune keeps ignoring/skirting round questions about it, hence mine, Iggish's and Rune's big exchanges
4) Ender claimed third party and that he received a cl*p during day start and that he didn't know anything about it, but asked people to cl*p for him and got abilities from doing so, and then claimed third party, Jeb, saying that he needs to kill trump to win, and he thinks trump is the autocrat so he wants town to help him get abilities to win because killing the autocrat would be beneficial to town

I think that's it as for the kinda main stuff that's happened but I might be forgetting something?

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Right now I'm thinking that Unu actually seems fairly suspicious.
He's clearly been reading the game, but has essentially contributed nothing. Could be Christmas and the holidays, but also could be Mafia trying to lay low.
Reading all the way back to page 11 or so, I found this:

I found this quite odd, as Unu hadn't posted anything but a single post for a few pages before this, and only just posted something else of no use, just asking a question. Yet, as soon as he is mention, there he is. Posted right after, then nothing.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Right now I'm thinking that Unu actually seems fairly suspicious.
He's clearly been reading the game, but has essentially contributed nothing. Could be Christmas and the holidays, but also could be Mafia trying to lay low.
Reading all the way back to page 11 or so, I found this:

I found this quite odd, as Unu hadn't posted anything but a single post for a few pages before this, and only just posted something else of no use, just asking a question. Yet, as soon as he is mention, there he is. Posted right after, then nothing.
I find it quite odd that you've still yet to answer my question <3