CAPITALISM MAFIA

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Could we also start talking about the possibility of my idea that Mafia have most likely declared them being either American or Australian due to Mafia most likely being some communist which would correlate to the games premise that innos are capitalist and that most likely communist such as chinese? This could explain the imbalance other than Jivvi including a ton for the sake of it?
I mean sure, it's possible. Judging by the fact that there are only 3 people who claim to be outside the US or Australia, that means it's extremely likely that there are Mafia in the US/Australia claims, whether they lied about it or not.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
3) I mean, if you looked back at the last mafia game; his style of play there when he was third party is similar to this current play style.

For instance, like I said trying to be the leader of the lynch/the most vocal one to try to get the lynch rolling. In the previous game, he did this to assist Mafia as his third party role was to interfere and make Mafia's life more easy. In this game, the third party wins automatically when Town wins so it makes sense he's doing similar plays to try to get people the least susp of him so he can win when Town wins.
If he's so supicious and in the US why haven't you voted him yet?

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Okay. I'm a bit confused as to how you saying that there isn't a lot of notable politicians for Canada has anything to do with Notty's theory for Iggish though? Or am I just completely misunderstanding what you're saying?

Oh do you mean Prime Minister rather than Private Message, when you say PM? I think that's where I'm getting confused

I disagree about your third point, I think he's playing pretty differently this time around, and if anything, his reactions to Notty's pressure makes me lean towards trusting him a little. I don't really see where he's tried to take the lead either, where did he do that? I've only seen erik do that so far.

Also, why did you say that Iggish is most suspicious, and then say that we shouldn't focus on him because you find US/Aus more suspicious? Even though he's in US (I think)?
Prime Minister, not Private Message.

Notty was also mentioning that its weird that Australia has so many people when there isn't a lot of known/famous politicians from there. For example, it makes sense that Canada might only have one because Justin T. is pretty well known and famous. At least that's what I think.

If he's so supicious and in the US why haven't you voted him yet?
I find him suspicious because of his play style, that's it. He hasn't really done anything else so he could possibly just be inno because that's what's his normal playing style is. I might want to ask who in the US you find the most suspicious? Iggy or someone else?

And I can see where Inf is going by saying his play style is a tad different than last game, which is the reason why I'm not voting him straight away. Inf didn't go ahead and vote for his people that he found suspicious since that's his suspicions and not something definite. I'm doing the same thing because I don't want to lynch him just because of something that he did last game. Though on the other hand, could Jivvi have made Iggy the Irish one because it makes the most sense than someone else?

Is there a way to see if people truly say they come from those two countries apart from Mass CC which I doubt could work because someone could literally google a politician and go with that.

Iggish

Reaction score
So Rune, let me get this straight. Your justification for accusing me of "pulling shit" is that there is a lack of knowledge of Australian politicians worldwide. This is ludicrous.
I've said it before. My ideas of significant and insignificant would obviously differ from some people. I'm not even sure why this is relevant and why I would even lie in the first place (notty STILL has to answer). I'll try to answer though. Ireland is a small, peaceful neutral country. Ireland is pretty damn insignificant on a worldwide political level. Your arguments for Ireland being significant all relate to the UK. Of course Ireland would be significant on a British Isles level, the IRA and Brexit especially. Additionally, you're British so you are being influenced by this.
Australia is more significant in my eyes on a global level. Bigger country, more people, most significant country in the region etc.

This isn't even relevant. Remember, this started out as a side note in a post accusing comp where I said that if a Canadian appeared, my theory would be flawed. A Canadian appeared, my theory was flawed. That should have been the end of it. I don't know why I would lie and what on Earth I would have to GAIN from lying.

I am not trying to be a lynch leader, I haven't even voted for anyone yet. I have only strongly accused CompG and then my theory turned out to be flawed although some suspicion still remains on that front.

Also, are you looking only at notty's points against me and not my responses? To use that word again, they have been ludicrous.
Notty voted for me for being once of the last to claim American over Ender who was last out of everyone, let alone the Americans. That was her sole reason. When I asked why she was inclined to pick me over ender, guess what? No reply.

She is now trying to use points against me which mean absolutely nothing to make people think I am scum. It seems to be working as you are not looking at my replies, only her flimsy points. I have explained why I think Australia is more influential then Canada (because that matters for some reason). Notty said I was lying and I asked what would I have to gain by lying about something which doesn't even matter and guess what? No response. I asked again and guess what? No response. Notty has obviously seen these posts as she has posted relatively requently between them. She has even rated a couple of them "funny" to try and wind me up.

Then the beauty of a post where Notty quote two words from me "small" and "significant". As if two words contradict each other with no context. Absolute Bullshit.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Could you quote the whole sentences please?
And guess what? No answer, even though she posted three times after my question.

Now, faced with this information Rune, why on earth am I more suspicious then Notty? If you cast aside all the crap which notty is saying on a subject which is not important, what have I done which is scummy and suspicious?, literally nothing. You accuse me of pulling shit when notty has done such scummy things:
1. Vote for me out of the blue even though there was a better target using those same lines of reasoning and not respond to my question.
2. Call me out for lying on a topic where I'd have no incentive to lie and not responding to my questions twice.
3. Quoting words from me with absolutely no context to make me appear scummy and not responding to my request to quote the entire sentences.

• Haha
Reactions: Nottykitten

Iggish

Reaction score
If you are going to use that reasoning, are there any specific reasons you picked me over ender who claimed last out of everyone, let alone the Americans?
Also notty, please answer my question:
Also, please answer my questions, including the original one about voting for me. Are you intentionally ignoring them?
Could you quote the whole sentences please?
Here are the quotes by the way. Notty ignored them all.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Ok I haven't actually read all of Inf's post because sorry its christmas and thatsalotofwords.

Regardless, Ill just reply to what you mentioned.
(ok quotes are being a giant pain rn so rip)

What I meant about Arelic was simply that (actually you know what, its more I'm not observant), but just noticing that someone has viewed the thread, usually replies, and has been rating posts. Actually I didnt even know you were in the game at that point lol (actually still cant name everyone). Of course I'm staying on the fence I'm terrible at mafia (especially after last game, that was actually awful).

"your point about Rune doesn't even make sense I don't think? If I'm understanding you correctly, you say that you're unlikely to be Mafia because if you were Mafia you'd wait to see what the majority claimed and fit in with the pattern, so why do you think Rune is likely Mafia when he, after waiting and seeing the pattern, still claimed an unusual country?". I just am bad at wording things. I actually don't think rune is Mafia at all, however I had claimed my country before Rune, at which point I was clueless as to whether there were other players from Ireland. Regardless, the best I can do at this point is point out who suspicious players may be, as we have little to go off of.

Why don't I think Mafia are just from one country? I mean this is only my second mafia game but itd probs be too easy if Mafia were just in one country? Ik people could lie, but there may be roles which can reveal this. (Are there actually set possible roles here?)

On Jolt, I probably worded this badly again. Claiming British is a good mafia move in my mind, as nobody is alive left in Britain who could hypothetically confirm that jolt was also british (but actually is this even possible in this game?). If it isn't then er oops ignore that

Oh, and I just voted hk as a joke because he's an AoD mod. I'll unvote him lol

Honestly inf, I don't really get your act of being muted. You tried to explain it, but it doesn't seem right to me. You may be telling the truth, but it hasn't helped with your trustworthyness. Perhaps 3rd party? Then again, I don't get why you'd try to make yourself seem less trusted anywhere.

There's people in the game so far who have barely contributed anything. Ender is one example, but so is Arelic. Ender said he'd look at the game "today" but has said essentially nothing. Arelic has posted about 3 posts the whole game (and all at the start)(that weren't jokes). I didn't play the last Mafia game, and the one before that was laughably inactive, so I don't know how either of these people generally play. Do they post lots generally, or say only a little? Arelic do you have anything to say about this?

Unvote HKCaker

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Runemen4 Maybe I'm just tired but I'm having a really difficult time following your thought processes

So, you think Iggish is trying to take a lead - where? Can you quote?

And you think that the setup consists of the 'Five Eye', meaning Ireland doesn't exist in this setup? Meaning Comp is lying? So why aren't you suspicious of him?

Also can you please explain your thought processes in this post because it's still just confusing me. For example, colour coded in terms of subject matter, your earlier post looks like this:

That's exactly what I pointed out when it came to Australia. If anything, maybe their PM would be noticeable but that's it. Right now, Iggy is the most suspicious because he pulled the same shit before when he was third party and nearly got away with it. I would not trust Iggy to lead the selection process in the slightest because he did that last time and really assisted the Mafia because of it.

It could also be the Five Eye member countries, which includes Australia, Canada, US AND the UK. But this doesn't take into account of Ireland. Ireland may be a small country, but politically has a huge background and general effect on the political climate, this includes it's past history with the IRA which still has consequences to this day and also modern history such as Brexit. So I don't accept Iggy's argument that Ireland is insignificant. If anything, other than China infiltrating Australia, Australia has nothing close to Ireland and is a hell of a more insignificant so why the hell does Australia have so many people? Could this explain why Australia has this many people?

Chinese agents are known to try to infiltrate BOTH the US and Aus and are 100% anti-capitalist. This could be Mafia who are Chinese agents trying to claim inno by picking Australia or the US. This could also explain why the person who is part of Ireland could be third party because of this.

We should begin my asking both US and Aus before we jump to Iggy because I find that a lot more suspicious.
It just seems a bit disjointed and weird and I just don't understand your points, so could you explain it as if I'm like, a 5 year old please lol, sorry, I think I'm just tired

Notty was also mentioning that its weird that Australia has so many people when there isn't a lot of known/famous politicians from there. For example, it makes sense that Canada might only have one because Justin T. is pretty well known and famous. At least that's what I think.
When did Notty say that?

Though on the other hand, could Jivvi have made Iggy the Irish one because it makes the most sense than someone else?
But Comp is the one who claimed irish?

Okay, thanks

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Oh I forgot - part affiliation. I'm not currently affiliated with a party, but I think for the purposes of the game I think I may be considered Labour. My job is meant to be non-partisan iirc

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Eh, could you explain this a bit more? From my perspective the post you were referring to was a valid post defending myself and pointing out the scummy things notty has done.
What is my "reaction style"?
Just the general kind of vibe. The dramatic words, the bolded phrases. The image of a guy standing up in front of a crowd and preaching. Like this guy:

All very dramatic and reactive. I don't remember you being that way as town on previous games but it's something you did last game, where you were anti-town. But maybe you just weren't attacked as town before.

Also, why have you only started pointing suspicion at Notty now that you're being attacked? And why aren't you voting Notty?

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten
G

Guest35486

hi I see that I've been tagged. Not trying to lay low or anything, just sorting out the rest of the Christmas events. Will reply soon™

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Just the general kind of vibe. The dramatic words, the bolded phrases. The image of a guy standing up in front of a crowd and preaching. Like this guy:

All very dramatic and reactive. I don't remember you being that way as town on previous games but it's something you did last game, where you were anti-town. But maybe you just weren't attacked as town before.

Also, why have you only started pointing suspicion at Notty now that you're being attacked? And why aren't you voting Notty?
Just worded it better than I currently can since I'm on a phone and it's difficult to track what everyone is saying. I'll have a reply for you btw Inf when I get back.

That reply that Iggy gave really boosted my suspicion levels for Iggy by a couple of points

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
What I meant about Arelic was simply that (actually you know what, its more I'm not observant), but just noticing that someone has viewed the thread, usually replies, and has been rating posts. Actually I didnt even know you were in the game at that point lol (actually still cant name everyone). Of course I'm staying on the fence I'm terrible at mafia (especially after last game, that was actually awful).
So why did you tell us that nobody seemed suspicious, and then say that she was slightly suspicious?

"your point about Rune doesn't even make sense I don't think? If I'm understanding you correctly, you say that you're unlikely to be Mafia because if you were Mafia you'd wait to see what the majority claimed and fit in with the pattern, so why do you think Rune is likely Mafia when he, after waiting and seeing the pattern, still claimed an unusual country?". I just am bad at wording things. I actually don't think rune is Mafia at all, however I had claimed my country before Rune, at which point I was clueless as to whether there were other players from Ireland. Regardless, the best I can do at this point is point out who suspicious players may be, as we have little to go off of.
But why did you choose to point at Rune, as a potential suspicious player? What was your rationale behind that?

On Jolt, I probably worded this badly again. Claiming British is a good mafia move in my mind, as nobody is alive left in Britain who could hypothetically confirm that jolt was also british (but actually is this even possible in this game?). If it isn't then er oops ignore that
Well nobody has been able to confirm anyone else from their own country so I find it a bit weird how you thought that, but okay

Honestly inf, I don't really get your act of being muted. You tried to explain it, but it doesn't seem right to me. You may be telling the truth, but it hasn't helped with your trustworthyness. Perhaps 3rd party? Then again, I don't get why you'd try to make yourself seem less trusted anywhere.
I did it to generate discussion. I agree it was risky and potentially suspicious but I wouldn't stand to gain anything from doing it as scum, as I pointed out before, other than being able to say "I wouldn't stand to gain anything from doing it as scum" and make myself seem town I guess.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
She is now trying to use points against me which mean absolutely nothing to make people think I am scum. It seems to be working as you are not looking at my replies, only her flimsy points.
If they mean nothing how can they possibly make you look scum? They actually do mean something and you know it. You made up some flawed reason to accuse Comp with and when I told you its flawed you changed your reasoning because you're just making stuff up.

Now, faced with this information Rune, why on earth am I more suspicious then Notty? If you cast aside all the crap which notty is saying on a subject which is not important, what have I done which is scummy and suspicious?, literally nothing. You accuse me of pulling shit when notty has done such scummy things:
If I'm so suspicious then why haven't you voted me.

Iggish

Reaction score
Just the general kind of vibe. The dramatic words, the bolded phrases. The image of a guy standing up in front of a crowd and preaching.
I'm sorry if it comes off like that. The function of the bolded phrases and dramatic words was to emphasize my points and to actually get people's attention about what notty is doing.
I can't remember tbh. The only time that I remember really being attacked as a town was when I was like 12 and hunter tunnel visioned me and got me lynched ;n;
I didn't want to be called out for attacking the attacker. That would just notty more reasons to heap suspicion on me. I'll vote notty very shortly, I'm just responding to votes.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
But why did you choose to point at Rune, as a potential suspicious player? What was your rationale behind that?
I was just contrasting him and myself, as I just said I don't think he's suspicious. For arelic, just observing you weren't saying anything. Obviously she isn't suspicious for this reason any more as you're speaking (though my point above still stands).

Iggish

Reaction score
Just worded it better than I currently can since I'm on a phone and it's difficult to track what everyone is saying. I'll have a reply for you btw Inf when I get back.

That reply that Iggy gave really boosted my suspicion levels for Iggy by a couple of points
Why? Why did it boost your suspicions? I validly defended myself.

Also please comment your thoughts on notty.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I was just contrasting him and myself, as I just said I don't think he's suspicious. For arelic, just observing you weren't saying anything. Obviously she isn't suspicious for this reason any more as you're speaking (though my point above still stands).
But why contrast rune? Surely you had a reason to contrast yourself with rune specifically?

And if you found Arelic's observation a bit suspicious, why didn't you say that before, and instead said that nobody was suspicious? That's what's confusing me.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ender said he'd look at the game "today" but has said essentially nothing.
yeah sorry about that i've been paying attention but i haven't had time to type out a meaningful reply

@inf no i don't know anything else i don't see how "that's pretty much it" implies that i am hiding something

i got told that i received a clap, that's it

if you know something more, by all means, go ahead and tell us

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
But why contrast rune? Surely you had a reason to contrast yourself with rune specifically?

And if you found Arelic's observation a bit suspicious, why didn't you say that before, and instead said that nobody was suspicious? That's what's confusing me.
Err idk I probably changed my mind a bit after Oak's post pointing it out.
Why was I contrasting rune? From a game perspective, he is extremely similar to me in terms of role, but replied a little later. Actually I think it was just thinking people in countries could confirm it. If this was the case, me claiming before other people would have been really bad if I was lying. Rune on the other hand could wait and use a different country which nobody can counter claim. But because this clearly just isn't a thing then ignore it

• Thank You
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Iggish

Reaction score
If they mean nothing how can they possibly make you look scum? They actually do mean something and you know it. You made up some flawed reason to accuse Comp with and when I told you its flawed you changed your reasoning because you're just making stuff up.
Lol what? They make me look scum because you're twisting the scenario to make me look scum. That's how.
No, no, no.
"Flawed reason to accuse comp". The reason was perfectly valid. Especially considering it is day one and we had little to go off originally. At that stage the countries claimed were America, England, Australia and Ireland. Ireland sticks out like a sore thumb there. Considering that there had only been one Irish claim, it stood out like a sore thumb and my theory that comp could be Gerry Adams and therefore a serial killer is perfectly legitimate.
Saying something else isn't true doens't make your point true. And no, I did not change my reasoning. Describing Canada as little obviously wasn't very accurate but I was thinking in comparison to the UK, USA and AUS where in my opinion it is little (I've already explained why).
If I'm so suspicious then why haven't you voted me.
I was waiting to vote for you so you wouldn't use it as more ammunition against me. I was also waiting for responses to my questions. I'm still waiting, please respond.

Vote Nottykitten