Minecraft EscapeRestart: 25 Days of Festivity

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score

wow this is hard to read can I have a link to just the calendar?

EscapeRestart presents: A whole month of events!​

• Art Competition (Discord) (Announced on the 1st and decided on the 25th) *
• Karaoke/Music Night
(Discord) (1st)
• Winter AoD (Minecraft) (2nd)
• Prop Hunt (Garry's Mod) (3rd - 8th)
• RoF Deathrun (Minecraft) (8th) *
• 7 Days to Die
(9th - 16th)
• Epicmafia (14th)
• Bed Wars (Minecraft) (15th)
• Create Speedbuild (Minecraft) (16th) *
• Christmas SMP
(Minecraft) (17th - 24th)
• Movie Night (Poll on the 17th, movie night on the 24th)
• Golf with Your Friends (20th) *
• Cards Against Humanity
(21st)
• Hunger Games (Minecraft) (22nd) *
• Capture the Flag
(Minecraft) (23rd)
• Present Hunt (Minecraft) (25th) *

But wait, there are prizes!​

There are 6 events, each marked with a star on the calendar, that will award players for winning as well as simply participating. On the 26th of December, the points will be tallied up and the players with most points get:

We've included a variety of events so that people won't win based on just one skill, so come join us in this small competition!

More details about each event will be released as they come up, one week at a time. If you have any questions, feel free to message me or post a reply below.

Happy holidays!

---​

Art Competition (1-25) - A themed competition on Discord that will run from December 1st - 25th. Not just limited to illustrations, you can also submit photography, writing, music, Minecraft builds, etc. The competition will not be judged based on technical skill, but concept and effort!

Karaoke/Music Night (1) - Join us on Discord at 9:30 PM GMT for holiday karaoke and music through our music bot, Rythm!

Winter AoD (2) - Army of Darkness is now festive! Hunters have gone on a well-deserved winter vacation. In their place, Snow Golems will try to spread the holiday spirit! Check in the server at 12 PM GMT for some frosty surprises!

Prop Hunt (3-8) - Nice and simple - a prophunt server starting at 9 PM GMT. If you're unfamiliar with the gamemode, this link explains the basics. To connect, simply search for EscapeRestart in the server listings, or alternatively type connect lobby.escaperestart.com into console. See you there!

RoF Deathrun (8) - At 9 PM GMT we’ll be racing around Deathrun maps to find who is truly the fastest of them all. There’ll be our current rotation, boats, elytras... we might even have some Christmas stuff too!

7 Days to Die (9-16) - Or rather, 8 Days to Die! (False advertising, I know.) The event will run from December 9th to 16th! (Saturday to Saturday) The IP will be released later and it'll be open at 8:15 PM GMT! (After the meeting)

EpicMafia (14) - Play EpicMafia with the community at 8PM GMT! We'll play a mixture of setups, including classic EpicMafia setups, the Disguiser setup, closed setups, and Christmas themed setups! The structure of the event is relaxed so what we do will largely depend on what you guys want to do. So come and join in on the fun! Meet us on the Escape Restart EpicMafia Discord channel, where you'll be able to join each game thanks to Nottykitten's wonderful bot! See you there!

Bed Wars (15) - Join us at lobby.escaperestart.com at 8PM GMT. Minecraft gamemode There will be four teams: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow. In bed wars, each team must protect their bed, while also trying to build out and destroy the other teams beds. Players have infinite respawns, but once their bed is destroyed you can no longer respawn. There are additional resources in the centre too. If you already have a team in mind, feel free to reply to the thread. Just be aware, we may have to shuffle around the teams on the day

Create Speedbuild (16) - Get together for an evening of speed building starting at 6PM GMT! Random themes will be selected with rounds lasting 15 minutes. Various rewards are up for grabs including Topians and cosmetic items!

Christmas SMP (17-24) - A Christmas SMP at lobby.escaperestart.com starting at 2 PM GMT with a custom plugin for festive fighting. Join us for a small, tasty, and deadly SMP, where players are encouraged to enjoy throwing snowballs, eating gingerbread men and fruitcake, and washing it all down with some tasty eggnog! When you've had enough eggnog, have a look for some presents or get feisty and steal them from your friends!

Movie Night Poll (17) - Vote for the movie to watch on the 24th of December!

Golf with Your Friends (20) - Compete in three classic rounds of Golf with Your Friends for points! But we'll also play some custom rounds after that for fun, because that's fun. (Message me privately if you want to participate for points but cannot make it at this time. I will host a second round, but with no additional rounds afterwards.)
Room name: EscapeRestart | Password: escr | Region: EU | Time: 8 PM GMT

Cards Against Humanity (21) - Join us in some rounds of Cards Against Humanity at 9 PM GMT. There will be Discord text and voice channels set up for the event!

Hunger Games (22) - Compete in a Christmas themed Hunger Games event against other tributes at 9 PM GMT! May the odds be ever in your favour. More information here!

Capture the Flag (23) - (Minecraft) Survival CTF event! Split into teams Red and Blue, with 10 minutes to prepare. You can break and place blocks, creating defenses to stop the other team from capturing your flag! The event will be going on throughout the evening, so even if you can't make the opening, come along anyway! Opening after the Community Meeting at 8:15 GMT! Connect at lobby.escaperestart.com and join through the AoD sign!

Movie Night (24) - Watch The Polar Express with the community at 8 PM GMT! The link will be edited in (it's over, thanks for joining us!) and announced on Discord! Popcorn not included. (Sorry)

Present Hunt (25) - Search for 5 presents in our Minecraft lobby at lobby.escaperestart.com and take F5 screenshots of you standing next to each. Send them to Arelic via Discord DMs (Arelic#8906) or forum PMs once you do to receive some points! The hunt begins at 12 AM GMT and ends at 11:59 PM GMT! (Running the whole day)

Art Competition Decision (25) - The art competition closes at 7 PM GMT and results will be announced at 9 PM GMT. Points will be distributed to every participant. Thank you all for all the amazing submissions so far, you're all honestly incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Winter AoD (2) - Army of Darkness is now festive! Hunters have gone on a well-deserved winter vacation. In their place, Snow Golems will try to spread the holiday spirit! Check in the server at 12 PM GMT for some frosty surprises!
why wait? *goes and makes 25 winter-themed AoD maps of varying scale and quality, all for mob of course*

Reactions: HKCaper and Notme

Scrable

Reaction score
I would say this is a new era... Event era I believe... I wonder for how long it will keep activity up.
Actually, I wonder how many will actually show up for those events, prophunt will probably die after the first day and then revive itself on friday again.

Also what is the meaning of those edgy devil stars?

G

Guest35486

You guys should make use of the Forum Calendar and add the event items to it.
Unfortunately, the calendar only works by promoting a thread, so it means that we'll have to post 16 individual threads to put them all on the calendar. The forum calendar was mainly a test run, and it didn't work as well as we'd hoped. We may look into alternatives for a calendar on the forums in the future.

I would say this is a new era... Event era I believe... I wonder for how long it will keep activity up.
This is a special holiday event. Of course, we'll still host events in the future, just not this packed.

Also what is the meaning of those edgy devil stars?
There are 6 events, each marked with a star on the calendar, that will award players for winning as well as simply participating.
I tried my best to draw normal stars :[

• Haha
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Scrable

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the calendar only works by promoting a thread, so it means that we'll have to post 16 individual threads to put them all on the calendar. The forum calendar was mainly a test run, and it didn't work as well as we'd hoped. We may look into alternatives for a calendar on the forums in the future.
The current forum calendar probably didn't work, because it was hard to access... I didn't even know it existed, because of how hidden it is.
Best way would be to include it into the sidebar or/and have a tiny calendar between the topbar and forum

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
The current forum calendar probably didn't work, because it was hard to access... I didn't even know it existed, because of how hidden it is.
Best way would be to include it into the sidebar or/and have a tiny calendar between the topbar and forum
I installed the current calendar to test it, then never got around to uninstalling it. The thread-only thing was the bit that was naff for me. I'm probably going to end up replacing it with a Google Calendar.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Christmas temp SMP :D

I bet someone gets elytra in one day:
>Find iron ore to craft iron bucket and iron armor/tools
>Find lava and water to create Nether Portal - sleep in bed close to it
>Kill blazes and endermen to make eye of ender - Protection IV and fire resistance potion should make this easier.
>Find End portal and set your spawn here - stack of ender eyes should be enough to do that
>Activate portal to The End and kill Ender Dragon
>Explore The End - bucket with water and pumpkin helmet could be useful for fending off enderman
>Raid end city - bow and Feather Falling IV boots could be useful here.
>Congratulations! You have Elytra! - Hopefully you have some sand and gunpowder to make fireworks for powered flight.
>Get Mending and Unbreaking III on Elytra to prolong its life.

G

Guest35486

Prop Hunt (3-8) - Nice and simple - a prophunt server starting at 9 PM GMT. If you're unfamiliar with the gamemode, this link explains the basics. To connect, simply search for EscapeRestart in the server listings, or alternatively type connect lobby.escaperestart.com into console. See you there!

RoF Deathrun (8) - At 9 PM GMT we’ll be racing around Deathrun maps to find who is truly the fastest of them all. There’ll be our current rotation, boats, elytras... we might even have some Christmas stuff too!

7 Days to Die (9-16) - Or rather, 8 Days to Die! (False advertising, I know.) The event will run from December 9th to 16th! (Saturday to Saturday) The IP will be released later and it'll be open at 8:15 PM GMT! (After the meeting)

---​

The Winter AoD event is also up!
- New Christmasy lobby! Special thanks to Unu and Weak!
- Hunters? What are those! Do you mean Snow Golems?
- Mobs are super frosty™
- /music will give a list of festive tunes, available to all players!

Reactions: HKCaper

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Thank you for you wonderfully positive contribution raxo, informative as always
I'm still salty after no one joined previous GMOD event - there were people only on first day when event launched.
When I wanted to play it again no one was here.
Tried to play it every day in evening GMT+1, but no one was here....
Looks like same is going to happen for this GMOD event too.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm still salty after no one joined previous GMOD event - there were people only on first day when event launched.
When I wanted to play it again no one was here.
Tried to play it every day in evening GMT+1, but no one was here....
Looks like same is going to happen for this GMOD event too.
Why not play on a different, non ER server, if you're wanting to play those gamemodes? Put ER in your name and make friends and tell them where you came from and spread the word of how cool we all are!

The thing with events like these are that there aren't many of us left who actually want to play on these types of things, but they're only really any fun with several people and you can't play alone, so after the first day, when people organize themselves to go on at the opening time, it then shifts into a period of freefall, where there isn't a specific time where everyone's going to turn up, and so join times are more scattered, and people like you see the server is empty and don't join and there's no snowball effect.

Also, personally I thought the Deathrun maps were quite bad. Nobody's fault, I just personally found those particular maps to get boring fast, which I didn't find in some other servers I've played in the past. Which is why I personally didn't have much of a desire to play more. Maybe I'm not alone in thinking that. And I'm not a big fan of prop hunt anyway. Mainly because I'm terrible at it and it's frustrating and tedious being a seeker who can't find any props.

In order for an event to last a long time, it either needs a significant amount of people who want to play it, or it needs to be fun when you play it alone or with just one or two others, I think. But sometimes the one-nighter events are the best social events anyway so I don't mind if they don't last long.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Why not play on a different, non ER server, if you're wanting to play those gamemodes? Put ER in your name and make friends and tell them where you came from and spread the word of how cool we all are!

The thing with events like these are that there aren't many of us left who actually want to play on these types of things, but they're only really any fun with several people and you can't play alone, so after the first day, when people organize themselves to go on at the opening time, it then shifts into a period of freefall, where there isn't a specific time where everyone's going to turn up, and so join times are more scattered, and people like you see the server is empty and don't join and there's no snowball effect.

Also, personally I thought the Deathrun maps were quite bad. Nobody's fault, I just personally found those particular maps to get boring fast, which I didn't find in some other servers I've played in the past. Which is why I personally didn't have much of a desire to play more. Maybe I'm not alone in thinking that. And I'm not a big fan of prop hunt anyway. Mainly because I'm terrible at it and it's frustrating and tedious being a seeker who can't find any props.

In order for an event to last a long time, it either needs a significant amount of people who want to play it, or it needs to be fun when you play it alone or with just one or two others, I think. But sometimes the one-nighter events are the best social events anyway so I don't mind if they don't last long.
>Inf gives genuine response for his reasons of why the events raxo is whinging about weren't "successful" and what he can do to compromise
>raxo rates it optimistic

Notme I'm sensing this is a you problem buddy

• Dislike
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
>Inf gives genuine response for his reasons of why the events raxo is whinging about weren't "successful" and what he can do to compromise
>raxo rates it optimistic

Notme I'm sensing this is a you problem buddy
I meant to rate it "useful" >.>

G

Guest35486

EpicMafia (14) - Play EpicMafia with the community at 8PM GMT! We'll play a mixture of setups, including classic EpicMafia setups, the Disguiser setup, closed setups, and Christmas themed setups! The structure of the event is relaxed so what we do will largely depend on what you guys want to do. So come and join in on the fun! Meet us on the Escape Restart EpicMafia Discord channel, where you'll be able to join each game thanks to Nottykitten's wonderful bot! See you there!

Bed Wars (15) - Join us at lobby.escaperestart.com at 8PM GMT. Minecraft gamemode. There will be four teams: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow. In bed wars, each team must protect their bed, while also trying to build out and destroy the other teams beds. Players have infinite respawns, but once their bed is destroyed you can no longer respawn. There are additional resources in the centre too. If you already have a team in mind, feel free to reply to the thread. Just be aware, we may have to shuffle around the teams on the day

Create Speedbuild (16) - Get together for an evening of speed building starting at 6PM GMT! Random themes will be selected with rounds lasting 15 minutes. Various rewards are up for grabs including Topians and cosmetic items!

---​

Results from the RoF Deathrun:​

Overall Points
The number of points towards the community-wide competition is listed in brackets.
1. Runemen4 - 29 points (8)
2. ComputerGuy_ - 24 points (6)
3. Arjen - 19 points (4)
4. HKCaper - 18 points (2)
5. Mooglie - 18 points (2)
6. nottycat - 15 points (2)
7. Hipmeow - 10 points (2)
8. Roboi - 10 points (2)
9. Inffy - 8 points (1)
10. Kraftax - 8 points (1)
11. Notme - 7 points (1)
12. Unusual_dude - 6 points (1)
13. Thoughtcarton - 6 points (1)
14. Foggy2406 - 5 points (1)
15. Julia - 3 points (1)
16. Arelic - 3 points (1)
17. lizthehedgehog - 2 points (1)
18. Psycho - 2 points (1)
19. Catcocomics - 1 points (1)
20. AquaChan_UGUU - 1 points (1)

DR_Butamou
1. Runemen4 - 1:47.54
2. ComputerGuy_ - 1:48.60
3. Mooglie - 1:52.60
4. Arjen - 1:53.87
5. nottycat - 1:56.18
6. HKCaper - 1:59.87
7. Roboi - 2:09.65
8. Psycho - 2:11.28
9. lizthehedgehog - 2:15.61
10. Unusual_dude - 2:19.05
11. Thoughtcarton - 2:30.18
12. Inffy - 2:46.21
13. Foggy2406 - 3:23.06
14. Arelic - 4:34.35
15. Catcocomics - 5:15.42
16. Notme - 6:54.86

DR_Melange
1. Hipmeow - 3:28.94
2. Kraftax - 4:53.56
3. HKCaper - 5:50.16
4. Runemen4 - 5:51.47
5. Mooglie - 5:55.47
6. Thoughtcarton - 8:22.00
7. Arelic - 11:14.63
8. ComputerGuy_ - 15:45.47
9. Notme - 16:39.87

DR_Psy
1. nottycat - 0:41.46
2. Mooglie - 0:46.45
3. Roboi - 0:53.72
4. Inffy - 1:04.65
5. Thoughtcarton - 1:13.07
6. Julia - 1:27.81
7. Runemen4 - 1:41.75
8. Unusual_dude - 2:18.83
9. Psycho - 2:39.21
10. ComputerGuy_ - 3:17.53
11. lizthehedgehog - 3:25.12
12. Foggy2406 - 3:54.71

DR_SimCity
1. HKCaper - 4:10.41
2. ComputerGuy_ - 4:32.79
3. Arjen - 4:33.70
4. Runemen4 - 4:49.39
5. Unusual_dude - 4:49.72
6. Roboi - 5:08.31
7. Inffy - 5:18.66
8. Foggy2406 - 5:21.93
9. nottycat - 5:23.68
10. Mooglie - 5:25.12
11. AquaChan_UGUU - 5:33.92
12. Notme - 5:35.68
13. Julia - 6:23.80
14. Thoughtcarton - 7:11.50
15. Arelic - 7:13.81

DR_Elytron
1. Runemen4 - 0:34.81
2. Arjen - 0:34.90
3. ComputerGuy_ - 0:41.57
4. Notme - 0:44.42
5. Roboi - 0:44.60
6. HKCaper - 1:13.70
7. Unusual_dude - 1:27.32
8. Foggy2406 - 1:32.00
9. Julia - 1:40.53
10. Inffy - 1:47.68
11. Thoughtcarton - 1:50.31
12. nottycat - 2:45.19
13. Mooglie - 3:49.49
Special thanks to SirComputer for hosting it!

---​

Also: 7 Days to Die happening now! IP: 85.114.128.114:26900

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Bed Wars (15) - Join us at lobby.escaperestart.com at 8PM GMT. Minecraft gamemode. There will be four teams: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow. In bed wars, each team must protect their bed, while also trying to build out and destroy the other teams beds. Players have infinite respawns, but once their bed is destroyed you can no longer respawn. There are additional resources in the centre too. If you already have a team in mind, feel free to reply to the thread. Just be aware, we may have to shuffle around the teams on the day
Looks like September wasn't a complete waste after all! (I practically spent the whole month doing Hypixel Bedwars).

I'm going to say this now: I have developed a crazy potent strategy that vastly increases my team's chances of winning, but I'm uncertain of how wise it would be to unveil it's details right this moment.
Said strategy has gotten me a good number of wins in otherwise improbably situations, though it has its limits, and when someone finds its weakness, there is little else I can do if the match is still young.

Feel free to put me on your team or something (maybe PM me so that I am aware), I will do my best to not let you down.