Minecraft FTB - Age of Engineering

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score

Hi!

Here are the details and things you need to know if you'd like to play this Community Driven Event hosted by me, Ogarci!

I'm currently hosting an event server for a modded minecraft experience. This server is centered around the Age of Engineering modpack by ErnstLustig!

Curse Link: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/age-of-engineering

FTB Forum Link: https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-10-2-age-of-engineering.223595/

"(Age of Engineering) is a tech-centered modpack with a technology tree, focus in progression and hundreds of changed (harder) recipes. This is achieved by gating progression by several blocks and items leading to the next age. The pack is divided in 15 ages, reaching the next age is awarded with an achievement and a trophy you can place. What you can do and have to do in each age to progress and reach the next age is covered in a guide (from FTB Utilities, just click the book in the top left corner).

The goal of the pack is to give a longer lasting experience than other packs, also giving the challenge to automate almost everything. It also features several lesser known mechanics from well-known mods or you have to tackle some well-known problems in a different manner as you lack either some blocks/items you would normally have or they are just too expensive at that stage of the game, the problems mostly how to automate this task or how to generate more power with the ressources I have.

This pack is heavily inspired from FTB Infinity Expert Mode, but is still very different in many ways. The goal was also to not make the recipes harder to just make them harder, but also make sense and balance recipes when two or more mods offer a different solution to a problem.

This modpack is aimed at more experienced players to look for a new challenge, but can also work for semi-experienced players who like tech mods and want to learn more about them and don't mind the challenge."

In order to play you must install the modpack, which is Forge-based. Follow the links above to download the modpack. If you are unfamiliar with how to install it, the easiest way is likely through the Twitch app launcher. Otherwise, simply google "how to install a ftb modpack" and watch a video or whatever. If you're having trouble post here and I'll try to help.

By joining my server, you agree to follow all of EscapeRestart's global community rules as well as the following:

1) No stealing.
2) No pvp unless agreed upon by both parties. Unintentional deaths caused by friends are okay but if you're doing it intentionally, you'll be banned.
3) No massive explosions or griefing. FTB includes the ability to form teams and claim chunks in-game, but regardless, anyone intentionally modifying someone else's things with malicious intent will be banned.

The server will be up 24/7, if something happens contact me and I'll try to get it back up. The server will be up until everyone is done playing, at minimum all next week.

Server IP: 192.223.24.130

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I'm going to want to know what progression mods there are.
If's it's all purely just tech and science mods (as in no Thaumcraft, no Arsmagicka, ect...), then my interest will be minimal.
You can google Age of Engineering and surely somewhere there is a list of mods that are in it, or you can check on the launcher/modpack itself.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to want to know what progression mods there are.
If's it's all purely just tech and science mods (as in no Thaumcraft, no Arsmagicka, ect...), then my interest will be minimal.
It has Forestry and Bees. As far as I can tell there is no magic in it. Actually additions are quite fun and easy though.

I bet no one will come here because no one is going to make account on Twitch/install it just for this event :(

I can't find instructions on how to install it without Twitch.
I have been using the twitch app, and it took around 5 minutes to download and install everything, and about 3 brain cells. Assuming you are not on Linux, I would really reccomend using the twitch app, but if you are, send me a PM and I can try to help you.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
sorrynotsorryfordoublepost

So I would like to tell a bit about my experience with the mod back so far, both in general and more specifics.

The modpack itself is not your standard direwolf 20 pack (which might be more beginner friendly) but rather a modpack with clear goals and how to get there. It makes certain stuff more challenging, but the mods still work the same way. I have a bit of expereince with FTB from earlier, so this was fine for me. It might be a bit weird/overwhelming to go through so many momds so quickly, but it does show you a bit about what mods do, so you dont overlook stuff, but again, having to learn so many mods can be challening unless you dont mind figuring stuff out/searching it up.

I currently live with notty, and during the first age Notty made a smeltery, and we then moved onwards to Industrial Craft 2. We somehow skipped all the Tinkers tools (we really need to start using those instead of iron pickaxes), but have spent quite a long time with IC2, way longer than we had to. This however has given us a great IC2 setup, that we can use to help us getting stuff for other mods later. So while we could probably progress through the ages a lot quicker, its less painful if you take your time with the mods, though if you spend 12 hours on a mod setup which a mod in the next setup makes basically useless, not so much.

I really enjoy this so far, with my medium experience with mods this might just be perfect for me, as I get a bit of guidance on what might be the next step. The server could use a couple more players as it does get a bit lonely at times, but still, I have been having lots of fun!

• Love
Reactions: Mooglie

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I bet no one will come here because no one is going to make account on Twitch/install it just for this event :(
I mean I made a new twitch account just for this event it takes 6 seconds like Danni said.

The modpack itself is not your standard direwolf 20 pack (which might be more beginner friendly) but rather a modpack with clear goals and how to get there. It makes certain stuff more challenging, but the mods still work the same way. I have a bit of expereince with FTB from earlier, so this was fine for me. It might be a bit weird/overwhelming to go through so many momds so quickly, but it does show you a bit about what mods do, so you dont overlook stuff, but again, having to learn so many mods can be challening unless you dont mind figuring stuff out/searching it up.
I do find it a bit annoying that everything is locked behind stuff from earlier ages. Things I would normally be able to make as long as I have enough iron/ores now I need to use all kinds of machines I didn't need to use it other modpacks(such as the blast furnace to make steel atm never had to do that before) to make some things. But yeah its still quite fun.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I do find it a bit annoying that everything is locked behind stuff from earlier ages. Things I would normally be able to make as long as I have enough iron/ores now I need to use all kinds of machines I didn't need to use it other modpacks(such as the blast furnace to make steel atm never had to do that before) to make some things. But yeah its still quite fun.
Yeah, it does make us have to get familiar with new mod packs though which makes it a new experience, but it has its ups and downs, still like it for now though, petty unique.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Lmao I think I nuked my curse account (no idea why I had one - maybe it was for minecraft forums? lol), when I merged it with temp mail twitch account.

Edit: removed twitch, game crashed and now I can't start modded game even though modded MC install was made separately and was intact >.>

Last edited: