Community Community News - 11 November 2017

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score

Community News 278 - 11th November 2017

Community

Want to host an event? Check out our new CDE guidelines!
https://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/community-event-guidelines.20879/

Donations
If you have some money spare, we would really appreciate a donation! We also have a Patreon page where you can donate however much you want monthly, and gain a Discord donor rank if it's over $5/m: check it out here! https://www.patreon.com/escaperestart

Vote Here!
Voting helps make our server more visible and is the easiest way to give our server free publicity. On top of that, you get rewards for doing it. Please help us out!
http://escaperestart.com/forum/pages/VoteHere/

Discord
Join our Discord here!
• Give feedback/suggestions in #discord-feedback!

Ratings
The Halloween ratings have been redisabled. Not so spoopy!

Create
This week's Crayola colour is: ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅((>

General:

No News.

Discord
We can see your pings again on Discord, but we can't respond without coming online. We're waiting for this to be dealt with.

SMP Feedback
Progress is finally accelerating! You should see some more teasers being posted in the coming weeks.

The event has ended, thanks for playing!

Progress on pause. Probably/maybe expect a thread soon.​

The event has ended, thanks for playing!​

Thanks for joining us after the meeting!​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Notme

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I'd be more consistent with being on the MC servers, but, without exception, I've only ever seen 0 players on in the times I have launched minecraft in the past 2-3 weeks.
I'll probably be on create for a bit sometime later this month to try and make some more AoD maps, though I'm starting to run out of space with the area I've been building in (which is why most of the more recent maps have been so small), though at present, I've already expended my Minecraft inspiration on a map (that flopped).

I would be occupying myself a bit more with the mob gamemode for AoD, sheerly because this distinct lack of players doesn't give me much other choice on there, but we'll have to really expand the available options for mob because most maps are starting to feel mostly the same between each other (and limitations on what gimics I can and can't get away with aren't doing any favors here, even if they do save me the touble of making doomed maps sometimes).

I don't know what's suddenly caused this massive player count drop, but if we don't deal with it soon enough, it's just going to perpetuate itself even more by eliminating what little freshness our servers still have.
And I will acknowledge that our current drastic player lows are a perpetuation (to some degree) of our past low player issue.

I'm now considering using Fraps to actually get my youtube going just so I can revitalize AoD (and maybe other ER servers), though I imagine much of our old player base may return when we get that SMP live.

Apart from that, it seems we're mostly held together just by small events, and the ongoing Mafia games we have here.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
We had an admin meeting today, again, I am not sure if we actually posted anything from the last one, and not quite sure what I can talk about from this one.

The matters you addressed, Catco, were discussed during the meeting, they aren't being ignored, however what to do is something else.

Don't know if we will write a post on this, or what happening, but we are aware and working on this the best we can.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I'm gonna work on making videos to post on youtube and hopefully gain us all an audience, and I imagine that if I maybe have some basic recording events (like just for doing AoD or RoF), that could help with both the videos and maybe bring a resurgence of older players.
The only problem with the event thing is just having the older players join in, but other than that, it could be a huge boost, given the situation.

For this, I may as well join the ER Discord group(s), since it may actually become a bit of a necessity for the above projects.
I will appear as Frostina in Discord, #4234.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Write a post about the Admin meeting. Let us know. I think that the Minecraft servers need some love considering the lack of players joining the servers. I know that you guys are doing your best, but I'm certain that things can be better than what this Community is in right now.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Write a post about the Admin meeting. Let us know. I think that the Minecraft servers need some love considering the lack of players joining the servers. I know that you guys are doing your best, but I'm certain that things can be better than what this Community is in right now.
I'll talk to the rest and see if we can get out a post. We got recaps from both meetings, so should not be too hard.