Minecraft AoD: The Original Server

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score

With the recent acquisition of the AoD1 plugin, we're hosting a temporary 1.8 event server, complete with 120 AoD1 maps, the old lobby, messages, and bugs! Check the spoiler below for a full list of maps. (Though, unfortunately, we do not have the old player data)

The server opens on 2nd September at 12 PM GMT
Convert to your timezone here

Join the server with Minecraft 1.8 at lobby.EscapeRestart.com:25567
Classic
Abandoned Arena
Academy
Aerodash
Ancient City
Anubis Station
Arachnophobia
Arboretum
Artwood
Ascendant
Avenguard Keep
Barrow
Boarding Action
BuildBox
Bushwhacked
Camelot
Campus
Canopy
Carthwick
Cherry
City of Arches
Clockwork
Close Quarters
Cobwebs
Colosseum
Colourido
Contaminated
Cubism
Darkness
Deadhouse Gates
DeadsBall
Desert
Desert Ops
Dirt Mansion
Disneyland
Divided
Dog Fight
Dourbridge
Dragonwrecks
EmeraldArena
Eterno
Exhaust
Explosive Arena
Fetenia Bay
Flashback
Floating Castle
Floating Forest
Forest
Forest Frenzy
Forty Below
Frozen Sky
Grand Library
Haven
Herenya
Hightower
Icerun
Isolated
L4D2 Deadcenter Hotel
LilyPad Crossing
Lonely Tree
Magalord City
Mayhem
Morse Summit
Mushroom Kingdom
Narrows
Nightmare
Nimeitheiel
Nuclear
Oasis
Octopus of Love
Organic
Pac-man
Platform Panic
Platforms
PoolHall
Pripyat
Radiated
Rapture
RedTern
Relic
Reverence
Rings
Sanctum
Sectors
Serpents
Shambhala
Ship
Silver Edge
Skull Fortress
Skyscraper City
Smarqueris
Snochille
Stronghold
Sumo
Swordbase
Teneris
The Island
The Trip
The Last of Us
The Mansion
Trenches
Uncharted
Underground Forest
Valiance Keep
Verdant Sanctum
Vertigo
Virtual Gateway
Western Nightmare
Westfire School
White Hotel
Windy Hills
Winter Palace
Y'Ghatan
Ziba Tower

Tag
Abyss
BootCamp
CandyLand
Fryststein
Pave

Catcocomics

Reaction score
seems like fun.
kind of funny we'd get this the day after I finally decide to be a cat for the first time in 4-5 years.

Oh wait, it's actually 1.8

that's highly problematic for me because specifically that version tends to wipe my client's server list for no explainable reason, and this issue has survived a factory reset.

• Sad
Reactions: Poe

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
I admire the persistence, but you guys do remember what happened to the previous nostalgia events, right?
You do know events aren't meant to last forever, right? Nostalgia events works fine if you space them out - the community has fun and once people are bored the event is over.

It goes with any event, the 7DTD event was the exact same way. This isn't meant to be a permanent solution, or a permanent server. It's meant as a fun activity to get players together for a while, and thats all it is.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
You do know events aren't meant to last forever, right? Nostalgia events works fine if you space them out - the community has fun and once people are bored the event is over.

It goes with any event, the 7DTD event was the exact same way. This isn't meant to be a permanent solution, or a permanent server. It's meant as a fun activity to get players together for a while, and thats all it is.
Events may be nice once in awhile, but so far this Community hasn't created any long term, solid servers for quite some time. It's becoming a cyclical process with events that last a minute then we're stuck with the same old shit. Any new updates to the current servers take months to be released, then another damn nostalgia event happens.

• Haha
Reactions: Poe

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Those maps though.

Cant fucking wait
Events may be nice once in awhile, but so far this Community hasn't created any long term, solid servers for quite some time. It's becoming a cyclical process with events that last a minute then we're stuck with the same old shit. Any new updates to the current servers take months to be released, then another damn nostalgia event happens.
also what the fuck is this? o.o

Event servers are ment to be a short event. I want to play on this server, plenty of others want to too. I do not see the issue with having events that people like.

If you want to bitch about nothing happening on our current servers go, to their respective server forum, or talk to the staff of those servers. If you want new servers and events, feel free to make a suggestion about it in a constructive thread. If you have issues with the way things are run, I am sure the CA's are happy to listen to you in a PM.

The AoD team has put a lot of work into this server, this constant negativity from you, has no place here, and is very disrespectful to the staff that has worked hard to make this server possible.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Cant fucking wait

also what the fuck is this? o.o

Event servers are ment to be a short event. I want to play on this server, plenty of others want to too. I do not see the issue with having events that people like.

If you want to bitch about nothing happening on our current servers go, to their respective server forum, or talk to the staff of those servers. If you want new servers and events, feel free to make a suggestion about it in a constructive thread. If you have issues with the way things are run, I am sure the CA's are happy to listen to you in a PM.

The AoD team has put a lot of work into this server, this constant negativity from you, has no place here, and is very disrespectful to the staff that has worked hard to make this server possible.
Sorry for being negative and voicing my opinion here, but my issue was solely based on the constant nostalgia that this Community is clinging onto, not toward AoD Staff.

Then again, it would be nice if their efforts were focused on further improving and updating the current AoD server and trying to make it ten times better than it is right now. The same can be said for the other minecraft servers where content and player retention are probably lacking still.

Also, I'm certain that the CA's are fed up with my bullshit, especially with what Hex did to me yesterday.

Honestly though, I want to see this Community become even more successful and my passion for that is probably stronger than some on here.
Right now though, I don't think that this Community is all rainbows and fucking unicorns.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry for being negative and voicing my opinion here, but my issue was solely based on the constant nostalgia that this Community is clinging onto, not toward AoD Staff.

Then again, it would be nice if their efforts were focused on further improving and updating the current AoD server and trying to make it ten times better than it is right now. The same can be said for the other minecraft servers where content and player retention are probably lacking still.

Also, I'm certain that the CA's are fed up with my bullshit, especially with what Hex did to me yesterday.

Honestly though, I want to see this Community become even more successful and my passion for that is probably stronger than some on here.
Right now though, I don't think that this Community is all rainbows and fucking unicorns.
I can personally attest that the AoD staff is active and works on AoD quite a lot, as I got access to their chats, so I wouldnt worry too much about that.

Neither of the other servers are currently in a bad spot, and while there is always room for improvement, improvements are currently being made on both of them.

If you want to improve our community, you need to stop with these negative posts that you keep making. Go make a suggestion thread if you get one, complaining in various of threads were it is not relvant derails the thread and is unnecessary.

Matty

Placid Prospector
Donor
Mafia Host
Discord Staff
Reaction score
On a semi related note I have an archive of old released and unreleased event and testing servers on my PC someplace. I'll try to find them when I get home to give to one of the new admins

EDIT: old ranks? So will I have controller still? =3

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
old ranks? So will I have controller still? =3
Nope, when we said same ranks we mean the same rank structure.
Unfortunately when I obtained the server files, I only got the AoD plugin and maps. We've had to recreate the rest of it, which means that we don't have old rank data, stats, ontime, money etc.

Still though, even if we did, we'd only have current AoD staff as staff on the server.

Also, 1 hour 30 minutes until the event!

Reactions: FreakyCupcake