AOD lag.

w.dubiyou.w

Reaction score
Can someone please explain the large amounts of lag on the AOD server? It is ONLY the AOD server people face lag on (including me) out of the 4. The lag isnt simple lag either. Its usually freezing when being in contact with a hunter, freezing when fighting, freezing when spawning and freezing when someone dies. Whats the problem with the lag?? I have no clue if this was posted before, but i havent seen a post similar like this anywhere. When i first joined blocktopia lag wasnt a problem, the more and more i played the more and more it was starting to become a dilemma. At this point its ridiculous and AOD is starting to become unplayable.

W

Wimali

I personally don't experience any lag when playing AoD, and haven't seen a lot of people complaining about it either. Perhaps it's just your computer? I'd suggest using Optifine, if you don't use it already (which I highly recommend, because except for making your game run smoother, it also offers great graphical options and a zoom function) or even Game Booster. I'm pretty sure the lag isn't AoD's fault, but maybe a staff member could confirm that.

buildbuild12

Reaction score
The lag isnt simple lag either. Its usually freezing when being in contact with a hunter, freezing when fighting, freezing when spawning and freezing when someone dies.
I personally don't experience any lag when playing AoD, and haven't seen a lot of people complaining about it either. Perhaps it's just your computer? I'd suggest using Optifine, if you don't use it already (which I highly recommend, because except for making your game run smoother, it also offers great graphical options and a zoom function) or even Game Booster. I'm pretty sure the lag isn't AoD's fault, but maybe a staff member could confirm that.

I believe he didn't mean FPS lag but latency. The freezing would be that it stops updating player actions, chat…the server just stops for a few seconds when a player dies. There have been times where it lags anytime, not just when a player dies, but after some time it returned to its normal behavior, which is how dubi explained it. Now, a lot of people have been complaining about this lag, so I believe this is server lag, not client side lag.

w.dubiyou.w

Reaction score

Optifine came out for 1.7.2????

w.dubiyou.w

Reaction score
Hey dubiyou, it seems like the lag might be client side in your case. If you go to your options and video setting maybe try turning your rendering distance down, graphics, particles, and smoother lighting down or off.

Ill turn my render down but I never had to lower it before. When i first joined (Probably around April) lag wasnt a problem at all and my render remained at 12. But i feel like every time Minecraft has some type of update the game gets slightly more laggier.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Ill turn my render down but I never had to lower it before. When i first joined (Probably around April) lag wasnt a problem at all and my render remained at 12. But i feel like every time Minecraft has some type of update the game gets slightly more laggier.
Yes this might or might not help. I would just play around with it a little bit and it might be a possible fix but by the looks of it the problem might be the server.

• Haha
Reactions: RyanDodd

w.dubiyou.w

Reaction score
Yes this might or might not help. I would just play around with it a little bit and it might be a possible fix but by the looks of it the problem might be the server.

didnt help. at all.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
This explains everything so much about me. I have had to virtually drop playing on AoD (which is sad ;c) because whenever I get in to battle or just anything, really, it freezes to the point where I will die and I'm on teamspeak with Toilet (most the time Toilet at least) who has told me I died, but I don't see that the hunters even been chosen.

It's really frustrating, and all my settings are as low as they can go, and I have optifine too.

Just my input x3

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
No clue - Need to identify which plugin is causing the issue. I'd suggest running AOD for a period with the bare-minimum plugins to see if the situation improves, or strip out one by one to try and locate the cause of the issue.

This is all easier said than done, it's a very involved and time consuming process for staff. I'm not aware of anything available that will just be able to point us to the issue immediately, but if it's not the AOD plugin itself, my next suspects would be the tombstone plugin (if still used) or economy one.

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
No clue - Need to identify which plugin is causing the issue. I'd suggest running AOD for a period with the bare-minimum plugins to see if the situation improves, or strip out one by one to try and locate the cause of the issue.

This is all easier said than done, it's a very involved and time consuming process for staff. I'm not aware of anything available that will just be able to point us to the issue immediately, but if it's not the AOD plugin itself, my next suspects would be the tombstone plugin (if still used) or economy one.
Good to know that listings is on the job! :)
EDIT: Its kinda funny, this lag... its funny to see us all squawking about everyone being laggy :p
EDIT2: Imo... just sayin'

• Agree
Reactions: Shanebat1