The Doomed Cruise - Game [OVER AND OUT ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score

A Blocktopia Mafia Adventure of epic proportions
America, 1923, prohibition is in full swing, and you simply cannot stand the current politics, the backstabbing, the poverty, and all that anymore. Europe, despite seemingly not being much in a better state, at least allows alcohol and has one lesser evil that made your life miserable: The Mafia. To flee from all this, you decide to scrape all your money together and get a cruise ship back to Europe, and try your luck again there.

You had heard so much of the famous cruises across the atlantic that you, when the day finally came, were almost too nervous to board the MS BEAGLE II for your long ride across the sea. But yet you were there, all your saved up money spent on the ticket, two bags packed, and ready to spend the next three weeks at sea on the long journey to London.

The MS BEAGLE II was a smaller ship within the fleet of HMS, consisting of a crew of 15 and up to 50 passengers - nowhere near the size and scale of ships like the late RMS Titanic. But seeing how that one ended up, you weren't too sad to get across the pond in a smaller vessel.

The atmosphere was a mixture of joy and waryness. Most other passengers were failed prospects of the American dream, chased away by the harsh realities of the 1900s - a wild mix of people from all walks of life. At first you started to wonder at their reasons and intents for doing the journey, but after a bit you gave up pondering about that, as it didn't lead anywhere.

For a little while, all your worries and doubts went away, as the days passed with reading, playing Shuffleboard, and having a drink here and there - seeing how the prohibition didn't target open water.

And then it all went to hell.

Things started to break apart during the end of the second week, at first it didn't even seem like a problem: Two of the crew came down with what seemed like a normal infection or cold. A day later, most of the crew, including the captain, fell sick, leaving the ship outside of the control of anyone. Mostly due to booze you and the other passengers didn't feel too terrible about that, hoping for a quick recovery of the crew...which never happened. Upon nightfall two days later, every single soul of the crew had died, befallen what by then seemed like only one possibility: Poison.

Confused and helpless, you and the other passengers got together to form a plan. As a first measure a thourough search of the ship was started...only to discover one thing:

In a large storage container a huge batch of reclaimed illegal gold was found, possibly on its way to being smuggled over to Europe. An amount of gold that apparently some people went all the way to kill for. An amount of gold...that taken everything into consideration...might be a reason for even further deaths.

Upon this discovery, all remaining passengers came together in the main dining hall. The atmosphere was grim.

Everybody knew: There are people amongst us that will not stop at anything to get the gold. Everyone knew there was only one thing left to do: Decide upon who to throw overboard, in order to be safe from any more deaths during the night time. And who knows, there might be even larger powers at play than anyone thought...
Be respectful and polite.

• You can NOT edit posts. Make a double post instead. (Editing posts should be disabled in any case)
  • After you have died you are given access to a secret forum thread that only dead people can see and post in. There you can talk with all other dead people about anything your heart desires.
  • If you have not signed up to play mafia, do not post in the game thread.
  • Do not rate posts (ex. Like, Dislike, Agree, Disagree) after you die in mafia. Rating posts instead of making posts while you are alive is discouraged as well, as the posts are the life of mafia.
  • You are not allowed to use the -In a conversation- status as a tool against someone.
  • NEVER post a screenshot with PM's. If you do, you will be kicked from the game with no chance of alternates replacing you.
Honesty and Cheating

• In all interactions with the moderator, you must be honest.
  • Do not contact any player in or outside of the game about the game unless specifically allowed to by the moderator. When allowed, only do so in the specific manner allowed. You are free to talk to people about the game in a way of alerting them to new posts, etc., as long as you dont talk about things happening.
  • Do not attempt to access another player's information by technological means (such as hacking).
  • Do nothing that would be considered cheating.
Gaming the System

• Do not quote your role PM, take a screen capture of it, etc. You may paraphrase the role PM.
  • Do not attempt to analyze the mechanics of a role PM in comparison to other players. For example, "the fourth word of my role PM is town." Or "my PM was sent at 11:23, when was yours?"
  • Do not attempt to use a system of robust cryptography, etc. Do not use small or invisible text to attempt to avoid detection.
  • Actions that involve "bets" or other outside-the-game contrivances to try to confirm a player are prohibited. Examples include, but are not limited to, avatar bets, replacement bets, etc.
  • At no time should there be pre-game alliances made.
Activity

• You are expected to be an active participant in your game. Do not flake.
  • If you know you are going to be absent a particular amount of time, post in game and PM the moderator that you will be V/LA. Please include the date you plan to be back and posting.
Lynching

• Each player gets a single vote to use during the day that they may change as many times as they wish to vote for any player.
  • When a majority of players are voting for an certain player, that player is "lynched" and removed from the game.
  • Players may vote for "No Lynch." If at least half of the players vote for a "No Lynch," the day ends without a lynch.
Behavior

• No racist, homophobic, sexist, etc. language may be used.
  • Harassment of an individual player is NOT permitted. It is the nature of the game that players will be antagonistic toward each other at times. However, it should always be kept in the spirit of a game.
  • Always play to your win condition. Never sabotage your team's chances simply because you're angry at them.
  • Do not discuss ongoing games in the game.
  • Do not discuss this game anywhere else with anyone else.
The Moderator

• The Moderator will post frequent vote counts.
  • The moderator reserves the right to alter any rule in the game including any of the rules found in this document.
  • If the moderator makes a mistake on a vote count, please address it in thread in bold.
  • PM the moderator with other concerns.
  • The moderator has the final say.
Voting

Please follow the correct voting mechanism, otherwise I will have to modkill you out of the game:

In an extra line at the END of your post, using bold, vote like this:

vote <fullplayername>

The same goes for voting No Lynch and Abstain. If you decide to change your vote or fully unvote, please make sure to also make that bold. Always unvote before voting for a new player, even if it is in the same post:

unvote
vote <name>

If you have been given a link to a secret forum, use this for communication during the times it is possible. Confering with people of your own group via PM is prohibited. All communication via PM is only to be made inbetween me and the players.

Quick note:

1. Please always use the PM I sent the role in to send me your night actions if you are a Power Role.
2. If you have a power role, you may skip using your ability by sending me a "none" in the role PM during the night.
3. If you fail to send me an action during the night, in case there is a deadline, the action will target a random person automatically.

Clarification:

No lynch votes don't need a majority but simple 50%. E.g. 20 players: Nolynch happens at 10 that vote to No Lynch. Only proper Lynch votes require a +1 majority.

Rulechange

Dead people are not allowed a last statement within the thread. But they can chat their hearts out in their secret "Dead People's Club".

GmK

Reaction score
The Player List and News
Alpha102
Sploorky
MarsKid (x/x) - K N1

endersteve5 (Mafia / Janitor) - L D1

nitasu987 - (Passenger / Bodyguard) - K N2
mariosatr - (Passenger / Protective Detail (Jailkeeper*) - K N2
infernofox - (Passenger / -) - K N2
myusername22 - (Passenger / -) - K N2
nottykitten - (Passenger / Deranged 1-Time Lucky) - L D2

Ooglie101 - (Passenger / - ) K N3

grimmjowforever - (Mafia / Roleblocker) - L D3

HypeBurst - (Passenger / Tracker) K N4
Balloon98- (Passenger / Cop) K N4
kraby1- (Passenger / - ) K N4

One One Two - Mafia Sibling - L D4
Dessern5 - Passenger One-Shot Vigilante and Sibling - Suicide D4
K1ngHoward - Passenger - K N5
Prizyms- Mafia Godfather - K N5

Shinyshark - Serial Killer (1-Shot Bulletproof, alternate night kills, investigative immunity) - L D5

storm886 - Passenger - K N6
Jivvi- Passenger - K N6

ansoro2112 - Passenger - L D6
digitalmez - Passenger - K N7
Defiant_Blob- Passenger - K N7

NEWS

---
September 13th // Game has started - Day 0 + Clarification

Rule Clarification
The moment a vote has a majority for a lynch, that vote will execute the lynch. Any post or even unvote after that moment will not be counted!

Example:
It needs 15 votes to lynch a player. There are 14 votes for Player A, and Player B posts that he also votes for Player A - at that moment of that post, the lynch is taken as confirmed. Even if a Player C now puts an unvote or a vote for a different player immediately after that, it will be ignored and the lynch of Player A will be executed.

MafiaPlayer

---

September 17th // End of Day 0 // Start of Day 1

MarsKid was killed.
---

September 20th // End of Day 1
endersteve5 was lynched

---

September 28th // End of Night 3

--- End of Day 4

--- Start of Day 6

THE FINALE

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
My name is Samuel Ender. I was born on 11th November, 1901. My mother comes from an Irish family and my father's ancestors can be traced back to first English colonists. I used to live in Philadelphia, then moved to New York City when I was 12 years old. My uncle was on the Titanic and I've been scared of ships ever since. As I grew up, I've learned to suppress (correct word?) this fear and now I just feel a bit uneasy on smaller ships. Big ships, however, are something I haven't gone near to since the Titanic.

• Creative
Reactions: GmK and Jivvi

Jeercrul

Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com

Kuroki Malvertt, the pampered daughter of an American businessman and a renowned Japanese singer, glanced arund nervously. "D-damn Mafia!" Kuroki cursed loudly, drawing the attention from the passengers around her.

"What?" Glaring at the people staring amusedly at her, she angrily gulped down a glass of champagne. Waiting was not her thing. She was definitely going to stomp out the Mafia with her 5-inch heels. She is going to make them pay for this.

I KNOW THE EYES LOOK LIKE THEY ARE OVER THE HAIR.

• Creative
Reactions: HypeBurst and GmK

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
I'm scottish 'eh, and if ye got a problem with it then I'll politely ask ye to leave me eh-lune. Me name? Me name's not important ye nosy shitstain. Don't go rootin' eround fer me information, cus I'll find out and den we've got a real scottish fight on er hands, 'eh. If ye really want to know who I am, I'll tell ye later. I don't trust anyone right now, dere's gold on the table and that drives the mateys crazy, 'eh.

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
Two men wave goodbye to their friend as the ship prepares to start its journey to Europe. Upon receiving a reply wave they turn around and walk away, one with a rather sad expression, the other confident looking with a cigarette in his mouth.

Arthur Birling, a man in his late twenties who comes from the city of New York and a man who is desperate to get away from the past that bothered him, strolls across the deck of the wonderful ship, MS BEAGLE II with a brown old suitcase with several stickers showing the Eiffel Tower and Paris.

He walks down into his cabin, surprised of the luxury of the ship. Upon opening the white painted wooden door, he discovers he will be sharing his new home for the upcoming days with a rather large man who seemed to be reluctant to show his face. Arthur noticed his bushy brown beard however, and settled in. After unpacking his suitcase out of clothes, personal items and a sketcher, he heads to the deck to gaze at the wonderful blue ocean. Smiling, he notices a group of dolphins in the distance.

He quickly runs to his cabin, and on his way nearly tripping up a woman, just to fetch his sketcher and his beloved graphite pencils his grandfather bought him before his death. He really loved his grandfather, as he was the only person he could really depend on and trust. His parents abandoned him when he was little and the memories left of them annoyed Arthur.

After his death, Arthur went into such deep depression that at one point he considered taking his own life. What helped him overcome his sadness and madness was art. He started to draw various animals, plant and sceneries. He soon ended up selling his artworks but the life in USA was not great, so he took a risk and sold most of his possessions to go live in Paris, where he hopes he can be like Vincent Van Gogh.

However when Arthur was back on the deck, the dolphins were no where to be seen, and disappointed in his luck, Arthur headed back to his cabin to rest. Tired, he soon fell asleep despite the buoyancy of the ship.

• Creative
Reactions: GmK

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
I have some time to kill, here comes my role play c;

Stephanie Dunkin's the name, 14 years of age. I'm going to a cruise to Europe, to start a new life. My parents were drug addicts, alcoholics, didn't take care of me. I've lived with my friend for a few years, and I've decided it's time to start a new life. So here I am.

I woke, startled, by the rocking of the cruise. I slowed my breathing, while I let all the information flood right back into my brain.
So. I'm on a boat that's in a stalemate. With people whom I can trust. But also with people who I can.
But how do I know who I can trust...

I sit up on my bed, lighting a candle. I'm one of the few females on here, and just realising that makes me even more scared of what they might do to me. I grab my pen and diary, and scribble some words. Most of it doesn't make sense, they're just.. Words. I write the last word. "Survive". That's all I need to do. I lay my diary and pen back down.

I breathe in, and blow the candle out. I lay back into my bed, covering myself with my blankets. At night it's absolutely freezing, with your blankets, and without them you'd for sure get frostbite. I try to drain my thoughts of everything to try and get some sleep, but it doesn't happen. I at there, eyes open and alert.

Well all I know, something is going to happen. Half of us at least wont survive. Maybe none of us will. I guess I will just have to take each day as it comes and never take my eye of anyone.

GmK

Reaction score
Day 0
You had all waken up that morning like from a dream. The quiet swaying of the ship had made the world seem so calm for a moment - but then it dawned on you: The world was neither calm, nor cool anymore. And with a sudden rush of activity you scrambled together and went to the big breakfast / dining hall, where all the others had already assembled. The mood was bleak. Nobody talked.
After a while, someone stood up and said "Well, how about we first of all get to know each other, before we decide to throw one of us over board?"
Welcome to the Doomed Cruise Game. I am your host, GmK, and we ought to have some fun over the next weeks.​
It might be a bit of a stretch sometimes, due to the massive amount of people, but if everyone tries to check daily / every other day for the thread and see if he/she can reply / ask questions / do some lynching, we should be fine. If things go to slow I might be forced to set deadlines for certain things - but let's not let it come to that.​
If you like, you can introduce your character (without any indication what your role may be, or said in a different way: Character descriptions are meta and should not be used in the voting / game decisive things. They're simply a way for me to write the story nicer and keep things fun) or get right into the Day 0 shenenigans. Roleplay is not required, but welcomed - I just doubt it can be kept up for the whole game.​
Do me a favor and make sure you understood the rules and clarifications and all that.​
So let's get this all started, enjoy yourselves, play fair, and most of all: Have fun, it is a game after all!

MafiaPlayer

///VOTECOUNT///

Official Vote Count - Day 0
Players needed to lynch: 16

Players not voting: digitalmez, Alpha102, cooliorules, myusername22, nottykitten, shinyshark, Sploorky, Dessern5, endersteve5, grimmjowforever, K1ngHoward, Ooglie, storm, Vatumok, infernofox, mariosatr, ansoro, kraby1, MrasKid, Prizyms, 77_is_the_best, balloon98, hihihilolHI, HypeBurst, Jivvi, nitasu987, Old_Man_Oak_63, Omar_Sales, One One Two, Defiant_Blob

HypeBurst

Just Fabulous
Reaction score
Im quite against lynching on the night 0 purely because we have absolutely no evidence whatsoever to incriminate anyone. I wont be casting my no lynch vote just yet though, I believe a set of questions (hell if I know what to ask) could be beneficial to achieving and retaining a good flow of discussion on the first day.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Jivvi

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Character:
I am Drake, an 18 year old going on a simple cruise. Then everything went wrong. The gold... that's the source of the problem. If only we could tip the whole thing overboard... But no, that would only achieve all our deaths. We must slowly take out these mafia one by one... There are bound to be some people on here who would go to that extent.
I change my clothes, it's the morning after the gold was found and no deaths. I don't think our luck will last much longer. We need to congregate together and decide on who to toss overboard. I begin to tremble. What if the other passengers think I am the mafia? I stop what I am doing instantly. I decide to take my time getting ready, as getting to the meeting early might indicate to the others that I am eager to toss someone overboard. And I don't want that. I just want this whole thing to be over and reach Europe unscathed.
I tuck a kitchen knife I stole from the kitchen into my pillow slip.
I don't intend on my journey being disrupted by a few money-hungry fools. I walk outside and take in a breath of the fresh ocean breeze and I slowly walk over to a few people have started gathering.

Outside Character:
So far, a no-lynch looks like the best option, but you never know. Someone could slip up so it is too early to tell. I will make another post after a few more people have talked. I do hope that everyone makes some effort to a post today as this is a crucial day that could help us out, if we lynch right.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So let a very interesting game begin! With not only so many new people aboard this vessel and with the chance of new roles, all previous strategies go out the window here I feel. However I for one have no wish to let the mafia succeed in there ill fated venture so let us get straight down to the point of said matter. So firstly the likelihood that we do throw someone overboard this day is very slim. I get the feeling that no one is really going to want to push such an action just yet with so little evidence to go on. So for today I think its going to be a very feel it out kind of day just to get some ideas of where we are all at.

So I see Jivvi has some questions for us. I'll give some answers then!

So as for who I currently get a feeling off of: as of yet no one has really set of any warning bells in my head, why we only just hopped aboard this fine vessel! There are a number of people of I have played with before and there are about the same number I haven't played with. I have the idea that this will be similar for quite a number of people, so this day will be crucial in getting an idea of the play style of these newer players. While also picking up on the play style of the more experienced ones, as do remember, no two games of mafia are the same ;)
However after all that is said and done its only natural for me to always be suspicious of Nottykitten just after that one season in which we locked heads together in xD

How suspicious do I believe I seem: its actually a good question, I'm often noted as suspicious for my style of play, I've been noted to become very aggressive when voting on others even if the evidence I have is very limited. However if anyone has noticed, I have yet to play a mafia role in forum mafia (although this isn't the case in IRC mafia but we consider that a separate entity here) I have played a 3rd party role as the fangirl (curse you road to ruin :3) however in that scenario I was the fan of the doctor by coincidence (I was not aware of this however). However as I said no two games are alike, but right now I think you will find that the chances of me being mafia or another dangerous role are just about as likely as everyone else who is a part of this game. Maybe I'm a little more suspicious because I'm a returning player to mafia, but then again there are quite a number of returning players in this game as well other than myself, so it'll be interesting to see how things turn out.

Why is GmK so sexy: because he loves us mafia players <3
U r beautiful man <3 <3

• Haha
Reactions: Jeercrul

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
My name is John Dawson. I've gone aboard this ship to escape my life and start a new one. It's been eleven years since my brother had passed away and I still haven't forgotten this. He was only 20 years old. The last time I saw him he went to go gambling with some friends. His friends told me he had won tickets for this big ship and had gone aboard it."The unsinkable" they called it. The ship's real name was The Titanic. I was happy for him, he got to travel upon maybe the best ship ever made.

Then on april 15th, 1912. Something horrible happened. I remember that day so well. Everyone talked about it and it was world news: The Titanic has gone down. Down to the bottom of the ocean. And probabily jack with it.

It's been a horrible eleven years without him and I just can't take it anymore. Therefor I have gone aboard this ship where two things can happen. I could get a new life in europe, or maybe the same fate happens to me as the one that my brother had to face. Both seem like great options and I'm going to wait and see what's going to happen.
Who would be your shot-in-the-dark right now?
Pfft. I think I want to wait with accusing someone after night one. Probabily because I don't expect to live to see the next day. My goal in this game is to survive night 1. And if my shot in the dark is a mafia member, I might be killed =C. So my shot in the dark is a No Lynch.

How suspicious do you think you yourself seem?
He. Hehehehhee. From 1 to 10, I am a good 12. Half of the time I say things that only make sense to me and I can't explain them clearly. Which makes me suspicious because I vote for weird reasons. Also I am known to lie and even when I speak the truth people will doubt me. Example:
However after all that is said and done its only natural for me to always be suspicious of Nottykitten just after that one season in which we locked heads together in xD

Why is GmK so sexy?
Because he is GmK.

• Winner
Reactions: Enderfive

Jeercrul

Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
I just noticed yo mama is under dead ones.

I shall just follow oak.

So as for who I get a feeling off of:
Too early to determine.

How suspicious do I believe I seem:
I have no absolute idea right now, but I am someone who gets very indecisive. I prefer being passive and aggressiveness is not my style. This may or may not seem suspiciousto someone, however I can say everyone can be suspicious in one person's eyes and not in another person's eyes. Really depends.

Why is Gmk so sexy?
German, I guess. (I was born in Germany so it has a special place in my heart :p)

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
While everyone is introducing themselves and already throwing idea around I might as well just throw an idea around myself. I propose we throw the gold overboard. Those who don't want this are probabily mafia. I don't care about this gold and we will die if it stays on board. Maybe the mafia will get mad because we did this but maybe since they have nothing to kill us for we will live.

Reactions: Defiant_Blob

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
While everyone is introducing themselves and already throwing idea around I might as well just throw an idea around myself. I propose we throw the gold overboard. Those who don't want this are probabily mafia. I don't care about this gold and we will die if it stays on board. Maybe the mafia will get mad because we did this but maybe since they have nothing to kill us for we will live.
I already suggested that. I don't think it would make the mafia happy at us at all!

Jeercrul

Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
We throw the gold they throw the knives at us :(

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I already suggested that. I don't think it would make the mafia happy at us at all!
I think if we did so they would kill us all just out of pure spite! Prehaps we should at least lock up the hold so that no one can access the gold without anyone else knowing.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't have any hunches, it's the VERY start.
Why?
Because, as I said, it's the very start.
Well seeing its my first post, not very
Why is GmK so sexy?
Because GmK.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
I think if we did so they would kill us all just out of pure spite! Prehaps we should at least lock up the hold so that no one can access the gold without anyone else knowing.
Good idea good sir! If everyone agrees, where should lock it up, maybe in a strong store room and toss the key overboard? That would mean if someone tried to smash the door open, we would all hear!

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Good idea good sir! If everyone agrees, where should lock it up, maybe in a strong store room and toss the key overboard? That would mean if someone tried to smash the door open, we would all hear!
There is no good locking it up, they will kill us no matter if its out in the open or locked up. If it's gone atleast we destroy the reason they want to kill. But then again... some of us might want to acces it to throw overboard. So we should indeed lock it up and throw the key overboard. This way nobody can access it till we reach a civilization. Unless they have stuff to pick locks or get the door down somehow...

One one two

Per aspera ad astra
Donor
Reaction score
Jivvi.

Why?
In my experiences playing mafia on other outlets, the mafioso are usually the ones who try to push the conversation forward without giving input themselves (much like Jivvi did in his first post). It makes them seem both active and neutral, and is overall an easy way to blend in. Still, that's not much to go off of right now; it could just be a simple difference in playing style than what I'm used to.

Very.

I'm going to go against what the majority seem to be saying right now and suggest we do get a lynch vote going. It's nice to see individual voting patterns early and is a good way to get a discussion going. Silence favours the mafia; if nobody's talking, everyone looks the same.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
I must disagree with you there, 112.

What I make out from what you said is as follows;
"Let's take a random shot at someone that may or may not be mafia. If it's mafia, awesome! If it's 3rd party, still awesome! But if it's town, well, crap."

I don't see why you'd take that risk, yes right at the start there is going to be quite a lot of passengers, who just want to get to Europe, so the probability of hitting one of them is so high, that I don't personally want to take that risk.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I must disagree with you there, 112.

What I make out from what you said is as follows;
"Let's take a random shot at someone that may or may not be mafia. If it's mafia, awesome! If it's 3rd party, still awesome! But if it's town, well, crap."

I don't see why you'd take that risk, yes right at the start there is going to be quite a lot of passengers, who just want to get to Europe, so the probability of hitting one of them is so high, that I don't personally want to take that risk.
Yes, and then you can wait till the chances of us hitting mafia higher. So lets wait till the mafia kills some townies so that we have a higher chance of voting a mafia out on later.
... bad idea =S
Tomorrow there will still be little evidence other than the fact that there are probabily 4 people dead and the cop might have found something. But for regular townies not much evidence is there.

However I am still a bit unsure wether to go with a no lynch or not. On the one side a no lynch "only helps the mafia" even on day 0. But I also will feel really bad for the person getting voted out on day 0. Nobody wan'ts to get voted out so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.