rejection

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So yesterday me and one of my friends had the idea of changing lunch tables. Because you know, no one in our group was generally happy with the setup we had currently. We were spread out across two tables, intermixed with people we didn't like. So the friend I mentioned it to brought it up with one of my other friends, generally looked to as someone capable of bringing about change. As a group, those of us present (a few of us were out for the day) started mapping out who would be at the new table and where.

Round table.
Ten seats.
Nine people to fill them.
We needed all seats filled or bitch would follow.
Rejection number one: My grillfriend is not yet included.
Rejection number two: After multiple redraftings, my friend just erases me and my girlfriend from the paper.
He replaces us with annoying couple.
I was sitting right there.
I leave the table and flail around on the floor.
Everything worked out in the end but still ouch.

TL;DR - My friends aren't very good at making nonharmful jokes and I have no on-command coping mechanism.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I'm not oft rejected in personal relationships, but I was once rejected by my Honors Organic Chemistry class which completely changed my life

Upon realizing that I wasn't good enough to get into the class, right after discovering the first subject to genuinely interest me in any way - it just made me so passionate to succeed. I knew that I was nearly obligated to show my worth and achieve it this year. To translate that, I went for a 4.0 GPA, but since school is such a large function of my life it changed the way I approached it and everything else. I'm now extremely competitive, its probably impossible to describe to what extent with words, and I always need to push myself beyond what I was capable of just before. Setting up my standards this high though means I have to be on my toes because if I fail its devastating and if I slack off I don't have much room for error. Hopefully it gets me somewhere

paceboys

Reaction score
I'm not oft rejected in personal relationships, but I was once rejected by my Honors Organic Chemistry class which completely changed my life

Upon realizing that I wasn't good enough to get into the class, right after discovering the first subject to genuinely interest me in any way - it just made me so passionate to succeed. I knew that I was nearly obligated to show my worth and achieve it this year. To translate that, I went for a 4.0 GPA, but since school is such a large function of my life it changed the way I approached it and everything else. I'm now extremely competitive, its probably impossible to describe to what extent with words, and I always need to push myself beyond what I was capable of just before. Setting up my standards this high though means I have to be on my toes because if I fail its devastating and if I slack off I don't have much room for error. Hopefully it gets me somewhere
pray u wont b rejected again

ayy lmao

Catcocomics

Reaction score
For some people, it may be completely circumstantial; keep bugging and pestering them, the more they want you gone, but you come back in a few months, they may have changed their minds.
Some people, on the other hand, will just flat out reject you for life.
How you deal with these people is up to you, but I recommend that you avoid annoying them or inflicting harm on them.

Reaction score
It happens, but in the end you just learn to accept it. There'll be rejection and there'll be acceptance all throughout your life. In the end, while it's understandable, it's good to keep in mind that one particular rejection by a girl/boy you're crushing on, from an AP course or whatever else may be, it's important not to let it become what your emotions are built around. If someone you looked up to doesn't want you around, just take a step back and play some games, read or listen to some music. It can't be helped to be rejected sometimes, so why fret over it? You tried and you failed. You succeed and you fail, that's all.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
For some people, it may be completely circumstantial; keep bugging and pestering them, the more they want you gone, but you come back in a few months, they may have changed their minds.
Some people, on the other hand, will just flat out reject you for life.
How you deal with these people is up to you, but I recommend that you avoid annoying them or inflicting harm on them.
It happens, but in the end you just learn to accept it. There'll be rejection and there'll be acceptance all throughout your life. In the end, while it's understandable, it's good to keep in mind that one particular rejection by a girl/boy you're crushing on, from an AP course or whatever else may be, it's important not to let it become what your emotions are built around. If someone you looked up to doesn't want you around, just take a step back and play some games, read or listen to some music. It can't be helped to be rejected sometimes, so why fret over it? You tried and you failed. You succeed and you fail, that's all.
I thought this was a rejection story thread, not a support group, sheesh.