New Teamspeak! --- ts.escaperestart.com

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
NEW TEAMSPEAK IP
TS.ESCAPERESTART.COM

So recently me and Sploorky were tasked with overhauling the Teamspeak server to make it a bit more streamlined, and friendlier to use for new users. With the advent of EscapeRestart and freshening everything up, we are doing so again with Teamspeak. Much like the change of TheOne's Vent to TheOne's Teamspeak, to Blocktopia Teamspeak, we're at it once again and have done some editing and streamlining to make things look a lot cleaner are friendlier for the newer playerbase we're planning on bringing in!

One of these additions that we've decided to add is private channels. No more are the days of private rooms discussing topics and having filled rooms with random room invaders. We've decided to embrace private rooms and are now allowing users to ask admins for private channels. We're not trying to get everyone to hide in their own private channels and thus will be using Teamspeak more actively in conjunction with the admins to get people to come out of their hermit holes every once in a while. We understood that if people wanted to spend time with their friends in a private manner then we shouldn't force them out if they didn't want to, so the only thing to do is to embrace it.

~​

FAQ
Q:
What are private channels? How do I get one?
A: They're pretty much private rooms V2! Rather than forcing people out when they'd rather talk to friends, we'll embrace it, and if you have a group of 3 or more people than poke an admin and we'll hook your group up with a channel!

Q: What can I do with my channel?
A: Do whatever you want with it! You can limit it to 8 people, add a password, change the description, do whatever! Obviously the global Teamspeak rules still apply, and we wish for you to not include 18+ content in the description of rooms, have offensive room names, and the likes. If you try to argue to us about something that is obviously offensive then your channel will be removed.

Q: WHERE ARE MY BADGES?!?!111 I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM
A:
We'll be adding more event-oriented badges in the future. Previously the badges were just a relic of a previous time, and people didn't really have a method of acquiring said badges. We'll be adding badges for placing in certain server/community events, but for now enjoy the purity and cleanliness of the new Teamspeak.

~​

If you have any further questions/suggestions/anything, then feel free to comment below.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
Question: Is there a limit to what I'm allowed to request a channel for? e.g. "You may request channels for talking to friends playing the same game, but only if they're community members," "You may request channels for talking to any friends playing the same multiplayer game," "You may request channels for any reason except Mafia," etc.

what made you guys choose TS over Mumble??
We're all used to Teamspeak here. Mumble on the other hand is unknown territory for a lot of community members, so we're just going with what we know. Neither one is really objectively better than the other anyway.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Pick Yer Poison said:
Question: Is there a limit to what I'm allowed to request a channel for? e.g. "You may request channels for talking to friends playing the same game, but only if they're community members," "You may request channels for talking to any friends playing the same multiplayergame," "You may request channels for any reason except Mafia," etc.
Anything you'd like, provided you have the 3 people willing to be there when the room starts up.

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Quick question regarding lobby: Will the talk power restrictions remain during meeting days, and thus move pre and post meeting discussion to one of the chat rooms? Or do we plan to eventually rid of meetings, making my question redundant?

Sploorky

Reaction score
Quick question regarding lobby: Will the talk power restrictions remain during meeting days, and thus move pre and post meeting discussion to one of the chat rooms? Or do we plan to eventually rid of meetings, making my question redundant?
If we keep meetings(which isn't Iguana or I's choice, so no comment), we'll most likely gather in one of the chatrooms, and make sure when we delete the room, it moves everybody to an empty chatroom, not the talk restricted room.

• Thank You
Reactions: Wink