Minecraft Main Lobby Build Competition!

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score

Since the recent shuffle in our Minecraft server line-up, our main
hub has been somewhat outdated - and we want you to build a new one!

Hello everyone, and welcome to Create's first building competition - and it's a big one! We're looking for you to build an entirely new hub for the Minecraft division of our game servers. Since this is quite an undertaking for you to do alone, this competition will run for an entire month, and you'll be able to work in teams up to four!

Requirements

Since the winning build will become our new Minecraft hub, there are a couple requirements that you'll need to follow in order for your build to be considered:​
  • The lobby will need to be modular in some fashion, and allow for the addition/removal of servers without too much hassle.​
  • You must incorporate server advertising in the lobby (really sell us on how awesome each server is!)​
  • Lobbies must have an area to quickly access any server, like the server signs in the current hub​
  • An area for quick info is not necessary but extremely helpful​
General Rules and Information
  • The competition begins on Wednesday, March 11th and runs through Wednesday, April 8th. After this, the world will be closed and judging will commence. The winning lobby will be announced at the meeting on Friday.
  • You can work alone, or in teams of up to 4 people
  • Each person/group is limited to one build - this means that you can only be in one group, and can not work on another lobby by yourself while in a group.
  • The plot sizes you will be working with are 256x256, and the entire lobby will need to fit in a single plot.
  • WorldEdit is allowed, and will be available to everyone for the duration of the competition - don't abuse it, or your permissions will be taken away!
  • The Minecraft Server Admins will be the judges (they don't know it yet though.. surprise!), and will be evaluating the lobbies based on these categories: Design (creativity, originality, etc), Ease of Access to Servers (how easy it is for players to learn about and access servers), and Modular Design (how easily can servers be added/removed)
Prizes

What is a competition without a healthy dose of prizes? For this competition, we have a HUGE list of prizes for you to choose from, many of which are graciously being offered by X__x and all of which are redeemable on Steam. These include:

7 Days to Die
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome
Always Sometimes Monsters
AquaNox
AquaNox 2: Revelation
Black Mirror
Blackguards
Bridge Project
Crayon Physics Deluxe + Aquaria + Dungeons of Dredmor Steam Pack
Crusader Kings II + African, Norse, and Russian Unit Packs
Darksiders
Deadfall Adventures
Deadlight
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten
Democracy 3
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
Dustforce DX
Escape Goat 2
Euro Truck Simulator 2
FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition
GRID
GRID 2
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
Gone Home + Soundtrack
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Gunpoint
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy
Hammerwatch
Hitman: Absolution
Insurgency
Jack Lumber
KickBeat
Lilly Looking Through
Long Live the Queen
MX vs ATV Reflex
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine
Ms. Splosion Man
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode Two
Osmos
Pixel Piracy
Potatoman Seeks the Troof
Race the Sun
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
Shank
Shank 2
Sid Meier's Civ III: Complete
SpeedRunners + Youtuber Packs 1 & 2
SpellForce 2: Demon of the Past
SteamWorld Dig
Summoner
Super Hexagon
Supreme Commander Gold Edition
The King Of Fighters XIII
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
The Baconing
The Bridge
The Cat Lady
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Complete Pack
Titan Quest Gold
Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Volgarr the Viking
World of Goo
Zenbound 2
Keys for CS:GO, TF2 and Dota 2
Of course, the biggest prize is having your own lobby be used indefinitely as our Minecraft server hub!

The two lobbies which score highest in our judging will make it to a public poll, where the EscapeRestart community will decide a winner! Also, the people/groups behind these two final lobbies will have their pick from the games/items listed above, as an extra incentive!

The worst lobby will receive a complimentary copy of Bad Rats.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

As always, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

Have fun, and happy lobby building!
~Nill

Last edited:

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Double post to reiterate:
The competition has not started yet. It will start Wednesday.

THE COMPETITION IS NOW UNDERWAY!
To start your build, hop on EscapeRestart's Create server. If this is your first time, you'll need to read and accept some rules to rank up.
Once you've done that, you can type /mvtp competition followed by /plot auto to get a plot on which you can build your masterpiece! If you're building in a team, just use /plot add name to add your team members to your plot.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: JKangaroo

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
Just noting this addition to the prize list of games, I also have 7 Days to Die and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in my steam inventory. I already have both of them installed on my PC, so the two in my inventory are spares I can't use.

• Thank You
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

SocialT

Reaction score
To sign up for the competition is the sign up thread gonna show up on Wednesday?

SocialT

Reaction score
You won't need to sign up - once I get the plot world open where the lobbies will be built, I'll give you instructions on how to start your build, and you can get started, no signups needed.
Tanks for the info me and some buddies of mines are gonna make a lobby chances are we arent gonna win but at least we might get a copy of a game :D

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
You know, Nill, I said I wasn't going to try making a build because I said I sucked. The unfortunate part about saying that is I actually have some radical ideas. I think I'll give my hand at building anyway. As long as I'm guaranteed my VS/WE tools. ;)

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
THE COMPETITION IS NOW UNDERWAY!
To start your build, hop on EscapeRestart's Create server. If this is your first time, you'll need to read and accept some rules to rank up.
Once you've done that, you can type /mvtp competition followed by /plot auto to get a plot on which you can build your masterpiece! If you're building in a team, just use /plot add name to add your team members to your plot.

Have fun!