Community Community News - 28 October 2016

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score

Community News - 28 October 2016
Halloween Edition!

Community

Donations
We still rely on donations to help run the forum and servers. We haven't received any donations this month, so if you have some money spare we would really appreciate it!

We're mulling over the idea of implementing non-pay-to-win micro transactions for cosmetics/perks to help fund donations throughout all of our servers, possibly even the forums.

Create - Pumpkin Carving - Two more days!
Are you EscapeRestarts next best Pumpkin carver? - http://polr.me/sp000000ky

Vote Here!
http://escaperestart.com/forum/pages/VoteHere/

Temporary SMP:
Due to popular demand, we have a temporary smp opening next Tuesday, at 7:00 PM GMT.
Convert to your timezone here

We also have the previous 1.9 SMP world file available to download here. (Yell at CompGuy if the world doesn't work properly).

This weeks Crayola colour is: ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅((>

Spk00000ky Competition
Remember just 2 more days until the competition ends! Get carving!

Click here for more information on rules and rewards!

Top Secret Terrain?
What's that? A new terrain world has appeared on the Dynmap but I can't teleport there yet? THIS IS MADNESS!

Stay tuned for more.

Staff
jackamel has been warned for misconduct.​

New map expansion
We've done another map expansion-- this time, we took the map Lone_Peak (Anhysbys) and re-released it as Sierra! The expansion is even bigger than Sanctuary! Expect to find lots of loot, areas and mobs!

Grandmaster Asylum
Rocket boots are back! You can find those and all the other cool Grandmaster armor from the old RoF, plus some new stuff, in the unlockable Grandmaster Asylum!

King of the Ladder
Seven new(-ish) KoTL maps have been added with more on the way. SirC is also still working on KoTL kits, expect those soon™!

Trivia Plugin & chair sitting
We're trying out another chat minigame to run alongside Chatreaction. You can also now right-click to sit on chairs (stairs)!
Staff
Wimali has been promoted to Admin.

Spooktober

Contest
A winner has been decided upon. Check the thread soon for the results.

Temp SMP
While development of Legacies of Primordia continues, you can satisfy your need for an SMP server this upcoming Monday! We'll be releasing a temporary SMP server that is purely vanilla. If you remember the 1.9 vanilla SMP server, this is the same, but updated! You'll be able to connect to it on Monday from the EscapeRestart main lobby.

Development
This week has been all about Heroes! LISTINGS09 is leading the development of it currently with help from Ogarci and the other team members! We're hoping to make some awesome classes for you guys to murder eachother and the bad guys with.

Just a reminder, a release isn't likely until after Minecraft version 1.11 releases. Thank you everyone for your patience! :D​

Last edited by a moderator:

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
How so? Its seriously just a vanilla smp. No rules, no support. Grief protection and thats it
I could use our old solitude server as an example. They released a pre-server with a chunk of the map in it. People played it for a week(maybe two?) and once the actual server was released people weren't burnt out but I would say they burnt out a lot faster when they played the full release.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I could use our old solitude server as an example. They released a pre-server with a chunk of the map in it. People played it for a week(maybe two?) and once the actual server was released people weren't burnt out but I would say they burnt out a lot faster when they played the full release.
I partially agree with this. While the temp server will have ZERO resemblance to LoP, I can understand the burnout.

We'll discuss this this weekend and see if we can come up with a solution that is still fun for everyone while not giving anyone the chance to burn out on SMP