Donor
Reaction score

Community News - 25/26 November 2016
The Late Edition!

Community

Announcing DarkRP!
EscapeRestart's newest gamemode. http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/20246/

Donations + Patreon
We really need donations at the moment to help run the forum and servers. We have recently set up a Patreon, and people who donate through that will receive a Donor role on Discord! http://patreon.com/escaperestart

This week's Crayola colour is: ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅((>

SimCity Rule Changes
There have been a few rule changes to the SimCity world. You can check them out here!
There could be some tweaks to them over the following weeks.

Staff
Mulbery has sadly resigned, thank you for everything you have done for Create!
Please bug SalientGorilla if any issues arise and he will try his best to resolve.

Staff
Wimali has recently been taking time off for personal reasons.

The Future of AoD
Where does AoD go from here? ComputerGuy_ needs your help. http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/the-future-of-aod.20231/

Announcing EscapeRestart's DarkRP server!
http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/20246/

No News?

EDITTED IN THE LOP NEWS BECAUSE NEWS WAS POSTED A DAY LATE AND NO ONE ASKED OGARCI IF HE HAD NEWS.

Development
We're in the home stretch! We've been waiting on Heroes to update to 1.11, and it has, but in beta. We'll test ourselves and see if it's decent enough to proceed. Things are going to happen very, very soon.

Anyone who would like to have their mark on the server before release, we're accepting random structure builds that we'll disperse throughout the map, for you and others to explore! Link is here.
http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/lop-map-additions.20242/

Last edited by a moderator:

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
There's not much news at all really, SMP is being worked on while we're thinking of what to do with our other servers. I'll see if I can put some news up today.
Create is immortal - it was CMP, then merged with old Primordia for 4 months, later "unmerged" as BuildBox and finally renamed to Create ;^)
AoD and RoF could be merged - people would have RoF ranks and AoD titles by that way.
All RoF survival rounds would be 15 minutes (slightly longer than other AoD modes) and classic RoF rounds would be 30 minutes - just like Mob rounds. Death runs are very short.
Mob is PvE so why we shouldn't have 3 more PvE modes?
Merging lobbies and currencies would be hardest thing to do.

This way we would have 3 MC servers: SMP, CMP and minigames ;)

On other hand other servers could be mostly devoid of players (less than 5 players at daily peaks) for few weeks up to few months - we all know, that smps are stealing players from other servers.

Moved it here.

Here are player dynamics from last 2 weeks:

Mulberry resigned from Create Director.
We have 26/26 Mods+

• Informative
Reactions: Willchill

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
We have met the donations this month already :p

Anyway, how does the patreon work towards donations, does it add up to the 50 monthly, or is it used for something else?
Patreon doesn't show on the $50 bar, but it all goes into the same pot for the same thing. For the last few months we have been struggling to find donations, and Patreon will allow us to get a more reliable flow of donations coming in.

Reactions: Danni122112

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Create is immortal - it was CMP, then merged with old Primordia for 4 months, later "unmerged" as BuildBox and finally renamed to Create ;^)
AoD and RoF could be merged - people would have RoF ranks and AoD titles by that way.
All RoF survival rounds would be 15 minutes (slightly longer than other AoD modes) and classic RoF rounds would be 30 minutes - just like Mob rounds. Death runs are very short.
Mob is PvE so why we shouldn't have 3 more PvE modes?
Merging lobbies and currencies would be hardest thing to do.

This way we would have 3 MC servers: SMP, CMP and minigames ;)

On other hand other servers could be mostly devoid of players (less than 5 players at daily peaks) for few weeks up to few months - we all know, that smps are stealing players from other servers.

Moved it here.

Here are player dynamics from last 2 weeks:

Mulberry resigned from Create Director.
We have 26/26 Mods+
The idea of merging RoF and AoD is certainly an interesting one, and while it may take a lot of work it should be considered.
The main problem I can think of is that the player base on RoF and AoD have always been very different, and I could easily see that players might leave when a lava or PvP round comes up, if they are there mostly for one of them.

Great suggestions l though, and I would love to hear some input on this from the head staff :)

• Optimistic
  • Agree
Reactions: Willchill and Notme

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅((>
this week's color is the exact fucking same color as the 'quote' color, and incidentally my skin color

how does this week's news affect the staged ddos attacks that are supposed to happen next week? mulberry had a very big role in those.

• Confusing
Reactions: Danni122112

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
this week's color is the exact fucking same color as the 'quote' color, and incidentally my skin color

how does this week's news affect the staged ddos attacks that are supposed to happen next week? mulberry had a very big role in those.
I'm confused, is this supposed to be a joke? pls send help

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
whats everyone's total level, we need more ppl above 1500 total to start preppin for raids

msg me ingame "itsaaronffs" my default world is 346 ill probably be grinding agil at seers, hmu if interested

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
We're rather quiet about what we do.
This has to be one of the worse things to hear from an Advertiser.
I was expecting tons of social media presence, images, and videos about EscapeRestart when you guys announced the Advertising team. Did you guys consider that people use Adblock extensions too? Anyway, is there anything that players can do to help besides voting?

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
This has to be one of the worse things to hear from an Advertiser.
I was expecting tons of social media presence, images, and videos about EscapeRestart when you guys announced the Advertising team. Did you guys consider that people use Adblock extensions too? Anyway, is there anything that players can do to help besides voting?
https://www.facebook.com/escaperestartgaming/
Ogarci and myself have been updating our facebook page. It contains images, and its a social media presence. SirComputer was able to link Facebook to the forums.

He's also been working on something to better connect our community with other forms of social media. We don't just sit back and let nothing happen, at least we're doing something, even if it's just ads. Through facebook analytics we've reached a lot of people. Not many people on Facebook use adblock extensions. I understand your concerns, but I think its by far the worst thing to hear. It's better to hear what Sir said than "We are working on it", or "We haven't thought anything up yet. Yes, there is a lot of stuff behind the scenes that users cant see as of yet, as some of these things take time, but once they're all done, it will be apparent of what we were doing.

Videos have been in the talks, but it's hard to plan on what we want to do, who will do it, what it should be about, etc. It's not something we just sit on. We bring it up from time to time. We don't want to throw out videos and them be really crappy. It'd be nice if a couple users threw out videos. I know Iggish has a youtube channel that we have been looking at. Users will always have an option to talk to the advertising team and throw their ideas at us, we will welcome them with open arms.

Reactions: Zelz