AoD: The Next Step

tnm

Reaction score

Server IP: lobby.escaperestart.com
Connect through the main lobby!
[BCOLOR=transparent]In february this year, AoD was removed along with the overhaul in promise of a better, fresher and more exciting experience. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]After almost two months of development, ComputerGuy_ and I bring to you [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]AoD 2.0. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]This is a revamp of premium zombie survival, with new game modes, gameplay and perks. As of right now, we have these features implemented:[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Four different game modes:[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
    • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]“Zombie” - A remake of the hunter / survival game type which AoD consisted of.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
    • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]“CTF” - A fast paced capture the flag shooter- use guns and weapons to take out the enemy![/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
    • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]“Infection” - A remake of the Infection server, where one hunter tries to “tag” the humans by touching them.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
    • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]“FFA” - A free for all short round experience, where players fight it out against each other with balanced kits.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]A shop system where items can be bought for specific game modes.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]The ability to buy cool ranks with in-game currency which unlocks unique perks.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Original maps from TnT, AoD and infection.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The plan is to consistently update the server with new features so it doesn’t become repetitive and boring. The server will be launching as an event server in beta testing, and may be made permanent if proven successful. All players will be able to join beta testing, however once the beta period has ended all player data will be wiped, and the server will shut to iron out more bugs if it is to be permanent. Instead of using the forums to post bug reports, please use the inbuilt command "/reportbug [bug description]". More information will be available shortly and ingame via the command /help.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The server will open at 10:00 BST (Convert to your timezone [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]here[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]) on Saturday 25th July (tomorrow!). For technical reasons, you will [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]not[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] be able to connect through the lobby. Use the ip [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]lobby.escaperestart.com. [/BCOLOR]
You should now be able to connect through the main lobby. If you cannot, we may have had some technical difficulties, so instead try connecting through the old port (lobby.escaperestart.com:25564)

[BCOLOR=transparent]There’s also more for you to get involved in! We need suggestions for:[/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]A name for the server[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]A currency name[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Numerous shop Items[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Any other suggestions you can think of![/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
  • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Post Suggestions Here![/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

We really hope you enjoy the server, (we certainly do!)
tnmjimbob & ComputerGuy_

Last edited:

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
I do have a question/suggestion. I remember it being said when there was only one player on the server, a wave survival map would be played to keep they lonely player occupied until others could join. Is that in the works or hasn't been thought of? Btw I love both of you now. Thank you for putting in all the hard work in making this. I'm sure this gonna be great :D
Edit: sorry I got so hype I didn't notice the suggestion thing.

Reactions: 755someone755

tnm

Reaction score
I do have a question/suggestion. I remember it being said when there was only one player on the server, a wave survival map would be played to keep they lonely player occupied until others could join. Is that in the works or hasn't been thought of? Btw i love both of you now. Thank you for putting in all the hard work in making this. I'm sure it's gonna be great :D
I'm really hoping to do something similar at some point, however our main goal was to finish the current gamemodes first. After beta testing, I'll try to do something!

• Thank You
Reactions: 755someone755

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I have a few suggestions, but keep in mind, most suggestions that I will make for this server (at least for now) will be there to make the server a little more light-hearted, humorous, or to just momentarily break a tense atmosphere.

First, suggestions for currency name:
Grains (for zombies who prefer bread over head)
Marbles
Sardines
Beans
Cheese Wheels

Shop item suggestions:
Rock Feather - [Tool tip]: "Most feathers are light, this one is heavy. Might do to smash a few bugs with this." (weapon designed to destroy 'arthropod' enemies; bane of arthropods feather. Can be purchased.)

Flop - [Tool tip]: "Fresh from the flopper 5000's latest shipment, this fish is sure to make a solid slap." (weapon designed to offer two options. You can eat it, or you can use it to better shove those pesky zombies away; higher-than-average knockback raw fish. Can be purchased.)

Lvl 2 Flop - [Tool tip]: "WARNING: designed to launch small fleshy things into the Earth's orbit. Do not use on children or loved ones." (weapon 'designed to launch small fleshy things into the Earth's orbit'; insane-knockback raw samon. Event item/can be purchased for insane price)

Fugu - [Tool tip]: "It's a balloon from the sea, perfectly designed for bursting other balloons" (weapon designed be an edible 'sword'. +2 damage pufferfish. Can be purchased)

Very Hard Hat - [Tool tip]: "What could be better than a hat that blocks hammers? A hammer that blocks hammers!" (armor designed to also be used as a weapon; Sharpness 2 Gold Helmet. Can be purchased.)

Feather Rock - [Tool tip]: "Putting this on your head surprisingly is useful, despite it being a rock" (armor that reduces fall damage; feather falling leather boots dyed grey. Can be purchased.)

Toast - [Tool tip]: "Careful! This is fresh right from the toaster... or maybe it's forever being toasted..." (food that sets people on fire briefly; fire aspect bread. Can be purchased.)

Again, most of these (particularly the shop items) are meant to be me for lightening the mood of the game. These items as they are now aren't going to be very powerful (though some might have to be disabled for certain maps, if they mess with the intended balance of a map), but some may provide a nice use for minor advantages that could just help someone survive a little bit longer.
For items such as the Lvl2 Flop, the items are going to be powerful enough to be considered 'insane', and for such reasons, I recommend that, if they are implemented in the first place, they only show up either in events or if someone gets one at a near-insane price.
These 'event' items will often have a less powerful counter part designed to be better balanced for regular rounds.

I am serious about wanting these items (at least some of them) in the new pvp server's shop, though scarcely any of them will be serious at all.