28/02/2015 Meeting Recap

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

28/02/2015: Meeting Recap
Community News
[fieldset=New Forum Structure]As most of you have seen, the forum has had a rapid succession of changes in the structure lately to introduce much needed change. Please note that this may continue - with forums being removed/added occasionally for foreseeable future. [/fieldset][fieldset=Changes in forum ranks]The ranks of vetop and developer no longer exist - vetop has been merged into 'server moderator', and developer into 'server admin', admin has been renamed to 'Community admin'. Ongoing changes to various user groups mean that we ask you to be patient in the event of any momentary loss of service in the forum. [/fieldset][fieldset=Donation changes]The donations have been lowered to reflect the new cost of our servers - with Malcovent now handling donations, so don't be afraid if you see that you're donating to a new email address! [/fieldset][fieldset=Thank you for your donations so far!] Thank you for the generous donations at the start of this week, We understand that the overhaul is taking a while but your continued support is always appreciated. Community admins are doing the best they can to move quickly onto improvements in the game servers we provide[/fieldset]
Teamspeak News
See this thread

Rituals of Fire News
[fieldset=1.8 Bugs - Ongoing Issues]We know some of you have been frustrated with bugs in Rituals of Fire but we are continously working to fix these. For the moment, Classic rounds are disabled until we can provide a fix for inventory loss. [/fieldset][fieldset=AFK Machines]As of now - AFK Machines (Minecraft tracks made with the purpose of afk'ing whilst still getting a reward') are banned - users seen using thm run the risk of answering to server staff [/fieldset][fieldset=promotions and Demotions]
[/fieldset]
Trouble in Terrorist Town News
[fieldset=Server Release Date]We aim to release the EscapeRestart Trouble in Terrorist town server as of the 15th march, If anyone has any additional suggestions for addons/pointshop/map additions, please contact Ronaldo immediately - he will discuss and consider every suggestion.[/fieldset][fieldset=promotions and Demotions]
  • Matt_Allen promoted to moderator
  • Infected_Alien promoted to moderator
[/fieldset]
Create News
[fieldset=Applications Open!]Forum applications for Advanced Builder, Architect and Moderator ranks are now open to public! Feel free to apply for a rank here
[/fieldset][fieldset=Plot Transfers]Plot transfers are still in progress - if you find that your plot has not yet been transferred we ask that you be patient, we hope to complete it by the end of this weekend.[/fieldset][fieldset=Group Chat System]We have a new private group chat system that will allow you to create channels for just you and your friends to talk in, read more on how to use them here![/fieldset]
Kami's Realm News
[fieldset=Applications Closed!]Thank you to everyone who took the time to apply, for those of you who didn't get selected I'm afraid we wont' be accepting any more applications until post march-13th (After server release), thankyou for taking the time to apply. [/fieldset][fieldset=promotions and Demotions]
[/fieldset]

Last edited by a moderator:

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Sorry about last night, I was qute upset/angry and IMO rightfully so (I can elaborate if people want, prefer to do it in private) but I shouldn't have done that. I understand that admins and directors are mostly doing their best to make the improve the community. It does stand that I think better priorities need to be made.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry about last night, I was qute upset/angry and IMO rightfully so (I can elaborate if people want, prefer to do it in private) but I shouldn't have done that. I understand that admins and directors are mostly doing their best to make the improve the community. It does stand that I think better priorities need to be made.
Entire point of question time at the meeting is to discuss things like this - Yes we should prioritize game servers but ultimately I'd like to have an open ended schedule to work on the games we host/provide, Rather than having a forum upgrade looming over me. By getting the forums 'in order' as soon as possible it really does clear the schedule a bit to focus on the servers.

I think i have (two?) more 'major' items on the to-do list for the forums (appointing forum specific moderators, moving over all necessary items/removing wiki link) both of which should be done by tomorrow (and following that I'm taking a few days off to clear up University work) - after that the main things left on the board will be
  • A re-review of where our minecraft servers are at, what to do with servers that still aren't catching 'any' players (we understand the playercount has dropped a bit recently but this is to be expected with the move).
  • A quick review of where our source servers are at in regards to setup.
  • Advertising - BIG one, we need to get this one nailed down. It's been a major point of failure over the past few years.

Following that, we'll move more onto event servers/new minecraft ideas.

I think one vital area I need to add (In response to people requesting servers) - We don't need to keep remaking the same Old servers. Yes server 'x' may have been great but there's a thousand other concepts out there worth exploring, many that might be even better. We have some amazing resources, wasting it on the same lineup every year would be a shame.