Suggestions

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
As I have been playing the beta, here are a few suggestions that would, in my opinion, would vastly improve the server.

Infection
- Add sprint to some maps. (Yes it is fun for a short while to have no sprint. But you WILL lose interest rapidly if it is all no-sprint.)
- Make the no sprint maps have classic speed/jumping. The easy way to fix this is to give everyone speed 1. But true classic speed, if I remember correctly, is speed 0.8. (Trust me, a team and I spent over an hr testing these speeds.)
- Talk to Jt and other Infection staff. To find out, what worked and did not work in the server. (Might as well, free information)
- (Not sure if this is a factor or not) But hunger should NEVER be a factor. (We have AoD for that.)

CTF
- Disable sneak. It is too easy to camp. Trust me that is a bad thing.
- Make the stone sword a 1 hit kill, other wise it is better just to wait for the cool down. (Think COD panic knife)

AoD
- Balance the kits out. (Honestly, AoD balancing was a total joke.) Have 2 starting Hunters and even out the first hunter kits with the normal hunter kits. If the players have bows, give the hunters bows. And there should never be items in a chest that are a "I win" item. (TL;DR Make it somewhat friendly to those who can't pvp.)
- Have mobs not attack hunters.
- Rebalance all the maps. Make sure that there are always 2 ways to get into a "stronghold" area. (Both with equal difficulty)

Maps
- Safari This map just needs to go. Very low quality in building and playability.
- (something with city in its name) Basically no-build 2.0. A) Remove B) Fix spawn and border location

Will edit in other suggestions as I play more.

Last edited:

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
AoD
- Balance the kits out. (Honestly, AoD balancing was a total joke.) Have 2 starting Hunters and even out the first hunter kits with the normal hunter kits. If the players have bows, give the hunters bows. And there should never be items in a chest that are a "I win" item. (TL;DR Make it somewhat friendly to those who can't pvp.)
- Have mobs not attack hunters.
- Rebalance all the maps. Make sure that there are always 2 ways to get into a "stronghold" area. (Both with equal difficulty)
Definitely consider this, please. Not only the kits, but some of the AoD maps (maybe other gamemode maps?) could be reviewed for gameplay.
I've seen some maps that have those "stronghold" areas that Bryan mentioned and I don't know if that's how the past AoD intended them to be -- where they're hard to get to if there are a bunch of players protecting that area. Especially if there's only one Hunter with a basic kit.
Hopefully other AoD players will be able to give input on ways to balance the maps!

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
Ok here are more suggestions:

Infection
- Remove the zoom and blindness on infection ASAP. Disrupts gameplay, annoying, and puts an unfair disadvantage for zombies.

CTF
- Add a way to get kill streaks? Like 5 kills in a row, gain an ender? (Would require sneak to be removed. Or you will get streak camping)

AOD
-Prevent splash potions from effecting teammates (harming, slowness, poison, blindness, weakness)

General
- Give certain players the op rank. You need to make sure they have all the tools necessary to ref efficiently. (Trust me, you WILL miss stuff if you don't.)
- Give Controllers (Maybe select ops.) The ability to fix maps on the fly during the round. And after (Aka load, fix, save, unload).
- Make /rules pull up a help menu rather than a book. (Have all the general rules be listed in each and every section)
Format example (Note the shortness of the cmd):
/rules
.../rulesctf
.../rulesffa

.../rulesaod
.../rulesinf
...Want to learn about a certain gamemode? Type /info
Maps
- Buildbox Players are able to get to the top of the map. Needs more build time.

Last edited:

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
- Give certain players the op rank. You need to make sure they have all the tools necessary to ref efficiently. (Trust me, you WILL miss stuff if you don't.)
- Give Controllers (Maybe select ops.) The ability to fix maps on the fly during the round. And after (Aka load, fix, save, unload).
- Make /rules pull up a help menu rather than a book. (Have all the general rules be listed in each and every section)
Format example (Note the shortness of the cmd):
That ability would belong to any controllers, I had perms for that as a VetOp. But as per the first thing, even a team of 2-3 Operators and 1 Controller would be great, just for beta. Of course, if the server came out of event into a full server, then that would need to be expanded.
We talked about taking out the book because even some of the most experienced and active players hadn't read it. We talked about the rules being put as a list in chat for a player when they were warned, too. I honestly think, though, that if nobody's going to type /rules and read the book, definitely nobody will type 5 different commands in chat to find out what the game's about. And even though the spawning has a lot of errors, I think AoD should have a mandatory tutorial like RoF's. At least people are more likely to read the signs than a book (Or at least a few of the signs would be an improvement over reading 2 pages of the rulebook).

TLDR:

-Have staff members
-Controllers would be able to do that already
-Rule formats need a major revamping.

So yeah, I definitely agree to some extent.