Splatoon

Best way to travel?

• I'm afraid of everything

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Catcocomics

Reaction score
As many probably know already, awesome new game on the Wii U called Splatoon.

For those that don't know, Splatoon is a third person shooter (or roller) were these humanoid squid-kids, known as Inklings, basically run around covering everything in their color of ink.
For more information, well, Nintendo has a youtube channel where you can watch all you want.

Now, I've many made this thread for people who just want to talk about things in Splatoon, whether it be discussing the lore of it all, point out that awesome Easter egg you just found, talk about splatfests, or really anything else about Splatoon.

And speaking of splatfests...

In the U.S. (and probably some other areas), we have an upcoming splatfest for this very weekend.
The teams for this splat fest are for those who prefur cats, and those who prefer dogs.

• Winner
Reactions: Jivvi and JKangaroo

Pokemon365

Reaction score
US Splatfest got delayed :(

Well I guess I'll start by saying my weapon of choice. The weapon I use the most is the .96 gal.
-It has a really long range (it almost ties with the splattershot pro)
-It does the highest damage out of the machine guns (it two-shots people)
-While the .52 gal will two-shot people aswell, it will 3 shot if the enemy has defense ups. The .96 gal does more dmg so the enemy cant make it 3 shot if they use defense ups.
-It has one of the worst fire-rates so its bad for covering ground, but the sprinkler makes up for it a bit in splat wars
-Sprinkler is just overall really good in splat wars; place it on your side for the maps with 2 zones, or place it towards the enemy zone and splat someone who tries to get it
-The special, echolocater, is also just really good in splat wars. Echolocater also charges quicker (i think) than the other specials so it fits more for this gun.
-Compared to the .52 gal, the .52 gal may seem much better because the .52 (50/100 range) only has slightly less range than the .96 (65/100) and that the .52 has twice the fire rate, but that little range is the difference between being able to square with the splattershot pro and the tentatek splattershot when at max range.

My gear:
For my shirt and shoes I use Ninja Squid and Stealth Jump. These two abilities are just really good overall, but what I like about using them the most is that there is a pink shirt with Ninja squid and there are pink shoes with Stealth Jump. This way I can look good with matching clothes. However there is no pink hat (all the hats change with hair color) so i use the headphones that make the sub weapon cost less ink. If I get on pink team, I look amazing with everything being pink.
(I use the female avatar btw. I don't like the design of the male on)

Also I guess a small easter egg in the lobby is that if you climb the stairs to the right and walk up to the glass and zoom in on Callie and Marie conversing in the store, they will wave at you after about 10 seconds

My current rank: A-
Also go team cats!

Nintendo ID: Ezreal253

Catcocomics

Reaction score
The first American splatfest has ended. Scores are being tallied up by... someone... probably someone in contact with the squid sisters.

Keep a look out for future patches and splatfests, may the best team win.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I think killing is a bit of an over statement, but actual water does dissolve us, so... roller coasters vs ink slides?
either way, roller coasters are much faster and way cooler (and I'd like to update the voting because new splatfest and all, but there's no way for me to change what we're voting for).

Catcocomics

Reaction score
We managed to bring the wii u with us and find a place with usable internet, so I'll be seeing you all at tomorrow's splatfest.

Also, thanks for updating the votes.

Roller

Coasters

Splatfest is now! Time to party!

Last edited:

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Finally got into ranked and man it is so much more fun
Tower Control is the only one I've played but it feels so much more in-depth and strategic than turf control.
Too bad I'm stuck in the lower ranks for now. C- life