OOC Remnants of the Elements Discussion

Reaction score
I hate to break this to you, but this isn't a medieval rp. Sure, there will be some medieval elements, it's kind of unavoidable, but we're trying to not pull too closely from Earth's past.

On an unrelated note, I don't really like when people pull things from other places (like games) and bring them to an rp :/

(And now you hate me and I don't even know you. Great.)
I dont hate you (Yay for you)
Actually it's just a character I made while thinking about it at church (and I mean in the middle of church)
The actual story is that the character I made dies while his little bro didnt. To get revenge he wanders of to slay the dragon that did it. He found a group of people trying to slay the dragon too, and thus they teamed up. But I stopped there since I had to control like 4-5 characters and that's a drag for me.
So yeah, I prefer this one as it is.

Reaction score
what if, instead of a dragon

it was S_swimmer

and the brother was injured/died during one of the confrontations regarding Ark
That might work... IF:
- I know what Ark is
- S_swimmer must not be too op while fighting
- I need people to act as the group of people that my character will meet and team up with

Reaction score
That's 1/3 things that I need

I still need people to be characters that will be in the group my character is joining and need to consult with S_swimmer to not be too op while fighting

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
everyone hold up

I didn't even consent to this yet hold on everyone

and I already have a character that's seeking revenge on Ark, plus the way he's been carrying out his life since his awakening wouldn't exactly leave a chance for someone to die unless we had to talk out the whole thing

In addition to that, as far as I know, even with the Guardians' powers dulled, aren't regular humans + other races still not really a match for them

I'm sorry but I'm not really on board with this yet, can we talk it out in a PM maybe with Faliara too

Like I don't want to be a buzzkill but although the humans despise Ark I'm still not enthusiastic about suddenly making all these characters whose sole purposes are striving to get revenge on him

Catcocomics

Reaction score
http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/guardians-of-the-elements.16127/page-220
First post on this link should do better to explain.
If you don't want to read it all, I'll try to summarize:

Ark was a human who died and became an angel, as did his brother. After some time, Ark's brother betrays him by tricking him into participating in something bad. Ark's god, being an unforgiving piece of [bleeeeeeeeeep], rips out Ark's wings, curses him with sin, and casts him from 'the heavens', despite Ark trying to undo what his brother tricked him to do.

As for Ark being "OP", literally the only thing really powerful about him is his ability to create objects, but I'm uncertain what limits that has.

But really, what good-natured person in their right mind would want to kill Ark?

Reaction score
Probably a lot. It's how people see him that makes them want to take him down. If people see him as a threat (my character does) then he will be targeted by them.

So, his powers are creating objects. Limits is actually a must? Without a limit he would be too OP. Probably limit big shits, powerful weaponry, and a wide variety of vehicles (if there are vehicles).

So S_swimmer's character is also seeking revenge on Ark. Found someone capable of teaming up with mine.

But either way, I dont care if mine will chase Ark or Dragons according to my own character format.

Reactions: Hunter

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/guardians-of-the-elements.16127/page-220
First post on this link should do better to explain.
If you don't want to read it all, I'll try to summarize:

Ark was a human who died and became an angel, as did his brother. After some time, Ark's brother betrays him by tricking him into participating in something bad. Ark's god, being an unforgiving piece of [bleeeeeeeeeep], rips out Ark's wings, curses him with sin, and casts him from 'the heavens', despite Ark trying to undo what his brother tricked him to do.

As for Ark being "OP", literally the only thing really powerful about him is his ability to create objects, but I'm uncertain what limits that has.

But really, what good-natured person in their right mind would want to kill Ark?
well keep in mind nobody knows about Ark's backstory - he hasn't even told the other Guardians, he's just been remembering things

Thanks for summarizing that for me though, sorry I've been a lazy ass about it :p

Tbh Ark's physical and magical capabilities are pretty incredible, but not right now since he doesn't really remember his full past yet – and if all goes well and I get to play out his storyline, that's going to be necessary in the future

Just saw your post now masternico012345 , I suppose we could work something out but there would need to be a plausible reason for your character to seek revenge on Ark specifically. I'll send you a PM a bit later c:

Side note: I love how the OOC thread already reaches 5 pages and we're days away from fali posting the actual rp thread lmao

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I think I'll just go and put down two confirmed characters for me right now:

(Name pending)
Height: 5ft 2in, unconfirmed.
Weight: 110 lbs, unconfirmed.
Build: kind of small, agile, not very powerful
Origin: N/A
Languages: N/A
Race: N/A
Eyes: Either fiery red, or bright cyan. unconfirmed.
Hair: N/A
Attire: dependent on homeland.
Accessories: N/A
Personality: Free spirited, friendly, natural.
Special skills: Very mobile; good at climbing things quickly, faster than most humans, good physical endurance. Possibly some magic capabilities.
Weaknesses: reckless, big brutes, imprisonment, traps.
Fears: Anti-magic groups, imprisonment, fear, angry mobs.
Likes: food, big open areas (preferably without roof), trees, magic, the night sky, stewed rabbit, running.
Dislikes: traps, confined spaces, fear, cake (any kind/flavor), evil.

Alkuld
Height: 4ft 6in
Weight: 160 (unconfirmed)
Build: Short, stout, strong, but kind of slow
Origin: N/A
Languages: Dwarf
Race: Dwarf (if we have dwarves, otherwise this character gets replaced)
Eyes: light blue
Hair: Brown
Attire: Something very dwarfish.
Accessories: Blue cape, silver earring on left ear as a sign of honor.
Personality: good to chat over a flagon of ale with, loyal, honorable, good-natured.
Special skills: cleaving things with his dwarf axe, mining, extreme physical endurance, accurate with throwing axes, proficient with heavy armor.
Weaknesses: little resistance to magic attacks, easy to notice.
Fears: N/A
Likes: Caves, trees, fellow dwarves, honorable people, roast mutton, a good flagon of ale, rare metals
Dislikes: entropy, elves, foul creatures, magic (finds it annoying, but no hate), being tossed.

I might also continue using my current character for a time, but I will most likely do so by having him give reports (like he is currently doing now) on his later visits to Gaia.
So essentially, in RoTE, the guardians (or other characters) may find stone tablets (either scattered throughout the land, or all in one place... or parts of both) written in the English language that tell of what my character did on the planet while the guardians were in stasis.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I don't think we should have a race after every Guardian or else there'd be way too much. We need to set up cultures and boundaries and relations for all of them, and with the increasing amount of races, not only will that be harder, but the excitement of a special race will become less special. Imo we should plan out the races and only stick with a few. I forget if any new ones popped up but so far we have elves, mermaids/water nymphs (or whatever Timdood3 was describing in his Rosstopia reports), plant species and dwarves (i think).

• Agree
Reactions: Enderfive

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Evolved Humans
Elves, Humans evolved to live in forests.
Dwarves, Humans evolved to live underground.
Rosstopia people, Humans evolved to live underwater.
Winged People, Humans evolved to live in the air.

Evolved Elements
Spriggan-like race
, Magic sentience imbued into plants.
Fire Spirits, Magic sentience imbued into fire.

I'll keep track of a list of confirmed races and their origins. Races in italics are not confirmed, races underlined means the need a name.

I think we should have more races, not less. I don't think we should have many in the Evolved Elemental category, but they'd still exist. I do think we should have different races for humans that evolved to live in different regions/environments/elements though.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay then, new things to discuss.

Language: sure, people from different regions speak different dialects or completely separate languages. Of course, some can speak more than one language. In fact, if we want, we can have a Common Tongue and then the regional ones, so the Common Tongue would be something that a lot of people, regardless of race or nationality (but certainly not all) could speak and the regional ones would be less spread. But we could just also have people speak separate languages and then some can speak some foreign ones as well.

In case of the Guardians, I think Fali's headcanon is pretty good. I suppose the specific range of understanding should be dependent on the amount of involvement with the humans after the Creation, so if you spent more time teaching them and whatnot, you'd understand them better, or if you like the humans or they like you, you understand them better. I don't think we should limit the understanding to some specific languages, if you understand them, then you understand all of them. Or maybe if the humans in some culture don't really regard you as very important, you understand them less. Idk, this idea needs some more specification imo, but those are my current thoughts.

Guardians' power: I don't really remember what we've agreed on so far or if we have at all, but I certainly think that the Guardians should be kind of on level with other magic users (wizzerds omg). Okay, sure, they're more powerful than your average citizen, but among the more powerful mages and warlocks and whatever you wanna call them, there should definitely be people that can match the weakened Guardians, otherwise we can just ram over everyone else with our superior firepower.

Races: I agree with Swimmer here, some fantasy races are fine, I guess (honestly, I wouldn't have any if I could, just humans is fine by me, but you guys seem to want them, so why not), but the more you get them, the more complicated and messy things will get. Elves and dwarves, okay, they're basically compulsory in a fantasy setting, it seems; others are fine too, to bring some originality and variety to the world, but do we really need to bring in as many as we can think of? Even the winged people seem a bit excessive to me already. Also, I don't think elves should be humans that "evolved to live in forests", any human can live in a forest, you don't really need to evolve for that. If we bring elves in at all, it'd probably make more sense to portray them as humans that have evolved or otherwise transformed to be more skillful with using different sorts of magic. Or if you want to portray them as forest-guys, then say that they've become a part of the forest, protectors and spirits of the woods, for example, maybe not even wholly animal any more, perhaps a sort of a mix between animal and plant creatures. A simple "evolved to live in the forest" seems kind of . . . wishy-washy to me.

I guess I should also post some kind of a character bio; since Magic is such a versatile element, it's better to put my boundaries down rather than keep them in my head, otherwise I might get out of hand and dwell into the OP territory. Also, if you find anything different from how Endal was before, then let it be. We can always just say that he's changed a bit over time.

Race: Guardian in human form.
-Chronological: as old as the world itself.
-Actual: not even he knows.
Height: 6 ft 1.
Weight: around 60 kg.
Build: tall, lean and skinny. Agile and flexible, but physically weak.
Appearance: fair skin, fairly straight medium length light brown hair swept to the side (no, not like Bieber, I don't really know how to describe it well, sorry), blue-purple eyes, straight nose.
Clothes: a linen shirt and a leather jacket with pockets, dark pants with plenty of pockets and leather shoes.
Accessories: purple safety goggles, which are typically on his head above his eyes; and a utility belt with more pockets and some magic equipment, such as vials for potions. A battlestaff to enhance his power and accuracy when using it.

Abilities (from least power-consuming to most):
-Resistant to mind control or influencing by other Guardians (although definitely not immune).
-Potion brewing (which takes time and raw components).
-Item enchanting (nothing major, in case of a sword maybe to give it a glow or make it stronger or increase the wielder's speed a bit).
-Can cast spells (really still working on what that exactly means, I'll be sure to not make it too OP. Your suggestions are welcome.).
-Can control raw magic essence, which he mostly uses in battle as projectiles or as a shield.
-Can perform magic rituals (same as with spells).
-Can draw magic energy from the planet to increase his own (but is hesitant to do so, since the consequences of doing so are severe).

Weaknesses:
-Physically weak.
-Magic shields can stop weaker physical attacks, but stronger ones will pass through (although weaker in force than they were before passing through the shield). For example, it can probably stop or deflect a normal punch or even an arrow or a sword (assuming they're not enchanted in any way), but a heavier weapon, such as a boulder or a greatsword swung with enough strength would probably pass.
-Can't use different types of magic at the same time (that also means that while working continuous magic, like lengthy spells or rituals, he's not as resistant to mind control).
-Relies on speed to win against his enemies, if the battle is drawn out, he quickly loses his power.
-Extreme fear of heights.
-Health and life force are connected to his own natural magic energy.
--Gets tired easily, especially when working more powerful magic.
--Weak against poison, especially the sort designed to work against magic capabilities.
--Drawing energy from the planet results in extreme fatigue, dizziness, headaches, lessened regeneration of both physical injuries and magical energy, and in some cases, unconsiousness or coma.
You can suggest more if you think this might be OP, I try to limit it enough and give enough weaknesses, but I can't judge my own characters objectively.

Last edited:

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
oh, while we're on the topic of magic, I should probably also explain Ark's stuff too especially since u guys know some of his past now

So Ark pretty much knows 3 types of active magic:
Summoning magic - Ability to create things out of thing air
Angelic magic - magic that heals, strengthens and purifies
Ruin magic - magic that destroys and corrupts

But since he doesn't have his memory + his powers are dulled, he doesn't know angelic or ruin magic yet. I'd say after the awakening the most he can summon is his staff (not a wizard's staff but an actual weapon staff - will probably draw in the future). Later on as his past gets filled out he'll be able to use some a&r magic but for now nah. He's also very skilled physically with his staff, but again, dulled + amnesia. There are circumstances to why I made him like this, but don't worry because I've got his limits under control and I'm making sure to keep him in check.

Enderfive since I made up this magic without asking you (sorry!) a while ago, I'll let you decide if this is an ok form of magic or if you want me to get rid of it and use a different kind