Looking for people for a project

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Even though the player count is low, EscapeRestart has quality servers. The only problem in my opinion is, that the server whereas they are great, lack a factor of uniqueness (except for RoF) that brings new player in the community. At the moment there can be lack of motivation to start on our server because of the low amount of players. They can play the same thing on another server with more players, even though our servers and staff may be better. Therefore I think ER can really benefit from a true unique (not done before) server as a source for new players.

A lot of players found TheOnes/Blocktopia through youtube, seeing interesting videos that had never been done before in minecraft. Another thing I'd seen was a hide and seek server and it did attract me to play a few rounds. I think minecraft has a lot of cool possibilities that can better be explored.

I have been thinking about a new server for a long time and I already do have some ideas in mind, but I want to find more people that enjoy discussing such things so that we can work on something. I think ER has amazing talent in its players/staff and I think that the talent should be used. Note: This is not an official ER project, the idea is to come up with something and present that to the ER administration.

So, if you want to help out, make sure to send me a private message or post in the thread if you can be a:
- Content developer (coming up with all the ideas/gameplay/etc.. really what's important now)
- Programmer
- Builder (maps can make or break a server. therefore good builders are needed)

Qualifications are not required, if you can come up with good ideas or can just discuss maturely you fit the role of content developer. I prefer to work in a team to make conversation easier but I want to keep it as transparent as possible and all community input is welcome.

Feel free to ask any questions, I hope that I can find interested people!
Thanks for reading.

With kind regards,
Vat

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Would love to see a new, unique server for ER to have around. We haven't changed much with servers since Classic, so a new server type would be a nice change of pace/breath of fresh air.
Perhaps we can get a little taste of what ideas you have in regards to some of these servers so people have a better idea of what you're shooting for/help spur ideas for anyone? ;) Unless you want to keep it for a time between people in the discussion group which is understandable.

I've been itching to return to making maps for a time but no servers to make them for. (poor tnt)

• Agree
Reactions: French_Fries

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
If it wasn't yet clear: I do not have anything complete in mind. I have some ideas floating around in my head but it's pretty hard to come up with something working all on my own, plus it'd be harder to find people to work with. I was however thinking about a short round action based server, like how zombie and TnT used to be but then something different.

• Informative
Reactions: Notme and JKangaroo

Kattzen

Kattzen!
Reaction score
I would like to participate some way in this. I always love coming up with interesting ideas for new servers and ideas for existing ones. I'd consider myself easy to get along with and I really like to converse with others to come up with better ideas.

So yeah, count me in. ;)

PS: We need to start somewhere. Group pm, IRC, something something.